Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hunting Quail

Cool Hunting Quail

Hi team,

I have chased a few roosters around the North Auckland area on some farms but none of them hold any quail. I am really keen to try and get into some, I have a dog that should do the job (when she wants to haha) just need a place.

Would anyone know of any public land within a few hours of Auckland? I'm based up by Orewa. Doesn't have to be somewhere with high numbers just somewhere with a chance. Im guessing out by the west coast beaches i.e Muriwai and woodhill probably have some but i dont think there is any public access or forestry access out there. happy to travel north or south

Private land would be better of course but I dont have any expectations of anyone wanting to share their spots as they seem hard to come by these days!

PM me if you have any info you wouldn't mind sharing and always keen to head out on a hunt with others if anyone wants to T something up.

Cheers