Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: No Duck Shooting 2020

No Duck Shooting 2020

No duck shooting under Level 3 nothing specific in the advisory released today but you read it here. F & G will sit on their hands hoping that the licence revenue won't be disappearing but hello face reality the season is gone

@Bonecrusher in the current format pretty much-unless they put opening morning out a bit. That cant happen until they know whats going on though.

Fingers crossed level 3 only lasts a few weeks and opening is delayed until late May.

Level 3 is a kick in the guts for hunters and seems to favor the health minister preferred sport of mountain biking instead.

Quote Originally Posted by AlpsHunter View Post
    Fingers crossed level 3 only lasts a few weeks and opening is delayed until late May.

Level 3 is a kick in the guts for hunters and seems to favor the health minister preferred sport of mountain biking instead.
    i wonder if i can mount my 12 gauge on a mountain bike...............

It dosnt look good for opening weekend. O well at lest I can surf-cast of the beach.

Why Wouldn't they just delay opening by a month... no real effect apart from a few degrees colder? Also gives the retails opportunity to sell us some more new seasons kit - good for the economy..

In the north would allow some water back in the Ponds and time to get the brushing and camo finished on the maimai's?
    Dundee, Beaker, Dynastar27 and 1 others like this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and streams, its where life is clear, where the world makes most sense!

Queen’s birthday opening would be sweet,3day opening weekend,
    timattalon and Micky Duck like this.

My ducks wont get of the water if we delay it by another month, they are loving there maize. Went past it yesterday and hundred odd ducks flew of it. Even through we a dry my pond is looking good, A few mud banks out of the water and thats where all the ducks are resting. Neighbor has similar numbers. If he up working near his pond my numbers increase.

Just hoping the farmers boys who owns the land around the paper road I use for access to hunt the public lake I shoot on don’t go ahead and blast away as it’s their land that borders the lake ..rather the season is just cancelled to be fair to all.

at 19;00 each night we should all blow our callers loud and longinly outside so all the world can hear our pain.....
    FatLabrador likes this.

And from what I understand for your stand claim from last year to be carried over to next year since no tag up for 2020 ,you still have to buy a 2020 game bird license even though there might not even be a season..

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
    Why Wouldn't they just delay opening by a month... no real effect apart from a few degrees colder? Also gives the retails opportunity to sell us some more new seasons kit - good for the economy..

In the north would allow some water back in the Ponds and time to get the brushing and camo finished on the maimai's?
    By 1st of June we wouldn't get a single duck round here as would be frozen out normally the kids are skating the ponds by mid June and if they can the season we will still haf to cull the parties so the numbers don't get out of control

ducks on ice is fun....plurry hard on the dogs.
    Wainono can be plurry cold...we had banana in tucker bag frozen by morning smoko time...had all our decoys get frosted over out on water and had to go out and redunk them to try to thaw them out....dogs shivering like mad things...neopreme vest are a MUST HAVE down there.

Centrals worse md had a q bday shoot last year arrived at pond frozen mate put a full mag of 3" over it it bounced

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post

Legislation will hinder any changes to published conditions I imagine the Gazette https://gazette.govt.nz/notice/id/2020-gs608 has to be resubmitted to the Minister for approval quite a process then a whole new conditions booklet published for the season it is what it is.
    I've got a gundog in his prime probably the most intuitive dog I've had by some distance we miss the opportunity to work togeather