Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By dretopshot
  • 1 Post By EeeBees

Thread: Pheasant hunting Boxing Day

Pheasant hunting Boxing Day

This video is mainly from our pheasant shoot on Boxing Day 2015, in the Glens of Antrim Ireland. There are also a couple of clips at the start from 23rd December.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moY6BzIu5Kc

I have tried a new editing software on this video and to be honest I found it very complicated. The software is Powerdirector Ultra 14, I have a month free trial, so I would be interested in getting a idea of how everyone thinks this one compares to the videos I have made previously using Windows Moviemaker.

Onto the shooting. It was another dull windy day and the birds flew great, in fact, too good for me most of the day. It is without doubt the worst I have shot this season & I had some very poor misses, but also one very good fast pheasant that I some how hit!!!

Thanks for watching, keep an eye out for my best of 2015 video coming up in the New Year.

Please like the video, comment, share the video & subscribe to my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdX...bmKo0Ccm-vWRfw

Happy New Year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kawhia and gsp follower like this.

Wow, some of those shots...thank you for sharing...just makes the four months to our opening day seem even longer
    gsp follower likes this.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

damn those snipe were moving and low and the pheasants had some speed up to
    like you my worst nightmare is the bugger coming straight at you i struggle not to lift my face off the stock a bit and try and evil eye them into droppingthe more i miss the more the face rises off the stock
    you couldnt call that your average driven ground by any stretch of the imagination

Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    Wow, some of those shots...thank you for sharing...just makes the four months to our opening day seem even longer
    Thanks. My shooting was terrible, but it goes to show that we are not shooting tame chooks as someone suggested previously lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    damn those snipe were moving and low and the pheasants had some speed up to
    like you my worst nightmare is the bugger coming straight at you i struggle not to lift my face off the stock a bit and try and evil eye them into droppingthe more i miss the more the face rises off the stock
    you couldnt call that your average driven ground by any stretch of the imagination
    They are actually woodcock, but yes they are very quick, elusive & challenging to make out on the camera.

I think I must have been lifting my face off the stock too, someone else had suggested that to me.

Our shoot is a mix or semi driven & walked up, but brilliant fun.