Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree26Likes
  • 6 Post By Woody
  • 1 Post By omark
  • 4 Post By outdoorlad
  • 2 Post By Friwi
  • 2 Post By bunji
  • 3 Post By Gutty
  • 4 Post By Kiwi Sapper
  • 2 Post By johnd
  • 1 Post By Friwi

Thread: Stand tags removed

Stand tags removed

I'm after some advise about what to do about the removal of stand tags.
    I have a Miami near the lower Kaituna river by Te Puke and some nice person has removed the 2021 claim tag. The two other stands close by have also had their tags removed. I thick that maybe the culprit is trying to muscle in on our maimais.
    I have thought of confronting them if I can catch them but don't want to make the situation worse. I also don't want to back down as I've put a lot of work into the area I shoot over the past 5 years..
    All advise would be helpful.

Each year I take photo of my tag with date and witness included. Could be work of radical anti hunting nutters too.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

MSL
    I take your tag has been replaced by another?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gutty View Post
    I'm after some advise about what to do about the removal of stand tags.
    I have a Miami near the lower Kaituna river by Te Puke and some nice person has removed the 2021 claim tag. The two other stands close by have also had their tags removed. I thick that maybe the culprit is trying to muscle in on our maimais.
    I have thought of confronting them if I can catch them but don't want to make the situation worse. I also don't want to back down as I've put a lot of work into the area I shoot over the past 5 years..
    All advise would be helpful.
    Is it a balloted maimai? If so then I’m not sure the tag matters so much.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Report it to Fish & Game and ask them for advice
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

Yep go straight to fish and game. They helped me in the past for similar situation.
    gsp follower and Micky Duck like this.

Good idea Woody

I will give them a call Thanks Friwi

Quote Originally Posted by Gutty View Post
    I will give them a call Thanks Friwi
    Sorry you have some arse hole doing this mate with the work you have put in & this again is this sort of moron making all hunters look bad .Make sure you report it & please give us a update here as l will be following it with interest .

Here is a direct link to the F&G site for rules & regs on Blinds & different regions,the rules around Stands are in the First Schedule section of the Game Bird Hunting Guide supplied with your licence -

Stand claimants who claimed and occupied a stand during the 2019 Game Season (provided they purchased a 2020 Game Season licence before 23 May 2020) or 2020 Game Season may claim that stand at any time prior to pegging day (up to 10.00 a.m. on 28 March 2021) following the purchase of the 2021 game licence. If you are in the Auckland/Waikato Region, then the above mentioned applies only to Adult Whole Season Licence Holdersand does not apply to Junior Licence Holders as it does in all other Fish and Game

Regions.8.2Otherwise, unclaimed stands can only be claimed any time after 10.00am on 28 March 2021 in all Fish and Game Regions.

8.3A stand may be claimed by planting on it a stake having either a board or identifying label attached, plainly identifying the name of the claimant and the number of his/her licence. The hunting stand claim tag provided with the licence must be completed with the name of the claimant and affixed to the board or identifying label.

8.4The licence holder claiming a stand must be present in person at the stand when marking it up.

8.5No one can claim more than one stand.

8.6 A stand cannot be claimed closer than 90 metres to a stand already claimed by another person without that person’s consent.

8.7 Any stand not occupied by the claimant within one hour after the opening hour of hunting, on any day, can be occupied by another licence holder for the remainder of the day.

9 ConditionsThese conditions will expire at the end of the open season for game specified under the Second Schedule for each Fish and Game Region.

https://fishandgame.org.nz/game-bird...-2020-tagging/

https://fishandgame.org.nz/game-bird...g-regulations/

https://fishandgame.org.nz/assets/Up...rd-NI-2021.pdf

Good Luck & do not back down to these arseholes
    stingray and Micky Duck like this.

Thanks bunji.
    I have be in contact with Fish and game. I cant say much at the moment but will post more information when I can.
    bunji, Micky Duck and berg243 like this.

good luck with Fish and Game, they helped me years ago when i legitimately tagged a maimai (photo evidence) and the then disgruntled previous owner dropped a tree on it by mistake and rebuilt on the said tree.... long story short he jumped up and down to much so i ended up having to find a new possie a week out from opening unfortunately it works on good will and negotiation from F&G but no regulations to fall back on.

Quote Originally Posted by kubet1 View Post
    No thanks as the last one I bought from you came with a mail order bride which I hadn't ordered ....and her whole family.

Could you ask F & G for a replacement tag, then go and retag with the photo evidence as above.

Just opened that foriegn link, I am going to get $5 00,000 for helping this guy out of a bit of trouble he has unfortunately gotten into. He is puttin up his gorgeous sister at collateral while I deposit 100,000 into his account to allow for the release of his funds.
    Moa Hunter and Micky Duck like this.

It is only worth it if she can cook as well
    johnd likes this.