Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Waikato News

Waikato News

Copied off Fish Game Website or is that Dickheads Unlimited.. Try policing the hunters who take 600 - 700 on opening weekend both days. Oh well here we go .... Unsure if this is in or not as are banding results in yet ?

Matters Arising from Council Meeting of 15 December 2012

1. 2013 Gamebird regulations set following debate on remits put forward and staff report, subject as usual to trend counts and banding results in January, along with any extraneous events that may have a material effect upon gamebird numbers – same conditions as for 2012 season set with the exception of:

Dabbling duck season reduced to four weeks running from 4 May to 2 June 2013.

• All F&G blocks to remain open for the duration of the dabbling duck season, excluding those not suitable for waterfowl breeding

Total shotgun capacity set at a maximum of three shells – no person shall hunt game with a shotgun capable of holding more than three shells unless it is plugged with a one piece filler which is incapable of removal without dissembling the gun

• Previous exemption in Game Gazette regarding the waiver of restrictions on baiting waterfowl removed, ie. pond feeding and waterfowl baiting not allowed one month prior and during the gamebird season.

Head hurts on the one above. Is that yes you can feed through out or no you have to stop one month prior and during.. Fucking write in Engrish you twats..

• King Country special paradise shelduck season to be undertaken if trend counts reveal significant increase in the numbers in early 2013, however the season will only be for junior hunters, ie. those up to the age of 16.

• Northland paradise shelduck season to be undertaken dependant upon aerial trend counts in the New Year.

• Limit of shoveler duck to be 2 for the duration of the season.

Variations from open game season conditions allowing an unlimited number of hen and cock pheasants to be shot during the gamebird season provided for Matingarahi Station, Leigh Barton and Tui Ridge.

2. Council meeting schedule for 2013 set.

3. Council to look at the possibility of stocking Lake Puketirini with rainbow trout.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Bloody hell Happy. Translating the language for you - No feeding for a month prior to opening nor during the reduced season and if you have a shotgun that is capable of holding more than three shells the you need to modify its arse. Oh and by the way as we think there may be too many Parries around we will let kids have a shot at them but not old buggers like you. I think that pretty much sums it up.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Yes the rule changes above have been put in place..

Email from Robyn

Looks like it is what it is...

Yes the changes have been ratified and are therefore in place for this coming season.

Regards

Robyn Lingard

Office Manager

Auckland/Waikato F&G

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Bloody hell Happy. Translating the language for you - No feeding for a month prior to opening nor during the reduced season and if you have a shotgun that is capable of holding more than three shells the you need to modify its arse. Oh and by the way as we think there may be too many Parries around we will let kids have a shot at them but not old buggers like you. I think that pretty much sums it up.
    Yep it was just this double dutch line I was referring too.

Previous exemption in Game Gazette regarding the waiver of restrictions on baiting waterfowl removed, ie. pond feeding and waterfowl baiting not allowed one month prior and during the gamebird season.

Thanks for that...

The old exemption on the regard of the waiver to be removed and not allowed Farc meee !!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Yep it was just this double dutch line I was referring too.

Previous exemption in Game Gazette regarding the waiver of restrictions on baiting waterfowl removed, ie. pond feeding and waterfowl baiting not allowed one month prior and during the gamebird season.

Thanks for that...

The old exemption on the regard of the waiver to be removed and not allowed Farc meee !!
    Burocratic speak.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Burocratic speak.
    Yep and they can do two things

1. KISS = Keep it simple stupid
    2. KISS My hairy fat arse ...

Well if that is the case then i would think that there licence sales will be down then.FFS who would want to pay around $90 to shoot for 4 weeks.There must be some real fuckheads running the show,whats wrong with bringing down the limit to 6 like they did 3 years ago and have a full season.I know that a great number of shooters only shoot the first weekend but the guys that put in the hard work like myself and others around me shoot the first week then every weekend after that,talk about penalize the shooters that had the sport blooded into them and have introduced a number of new people to the sport.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    I really don't have a clue as to what your gamebirds are like in number but is it not the responsibility of F&G to ensure the limits reflect the resource? Less ducks = shorter season + restrictions.
    Im glad I have no interest in waterfowl as it sounds like either, duck shooters as a whole are a bunch of fools, or, all F&G have an agenda to do themselves out of a job.

The feeding one is a bit of a double negative though. The exemption of the waiver has been removed. So Im guessing the feeding prior to the season was a standing rule that was waived but has now been removed?

Not all shooters are assholes just those few that shoot tons of ducks. F&G to me are pointless I don't see anything happening around my area I shoot kinda makes me wonder why I am paying for a licence. I have convinced dad when the maize gets harvested to borrow a mates digger to dig a pond in the paddock I'm hoping ducks will breed on it I will set some traps too. Try my best to keep my favorite sport.
    VIVA LA HOWA

Piopio, Christchurch, Pilbara/GreatSandy Desert WA
    Can you put up the link of where this is from the fish and game website, i couldnt seem to find it.
    Cheers

Im glad i shoot ducks in Northland F&G area

Quote Originally Posted by paddygonebush View Post
    Can you put up the link of where this is from the fish and game website, i couldnt seem to find it.
    Cheers

Not surprised you had difficulty. I consider myself pretty good but it took me a while. Here is a link ...........

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Sapper View Post
    Not surprised you had difficulty. I consider myself pretty good but it took me a while. Here is a link ...........

I just heard that changes were afoot so emailed their office and asked the question
    Is funny reading comments throughout the forum where folks say not our area glad I shoot here Truth is tho that whatever they use in one area will or could happen elsewhere Who wants a bet that sub gauge lead will be nationwide banned in next couple of years ?? That's one example. We have to moan and be heard as if we are passionate about our sport and feel hard done by we have to tell them. My next bet would be a return to three shot guns max over the next as well . Which whilst that doesn't upset me as three ducks in one gun pick up is enough for me and gets a bit hard on dog , but if that was hunting rifles or ARs being reduced to three there d be some noises

Actually my gun swings better for me with 6 up it I ll have to add weight I reckon

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    I just heard that changes were afoot.................. My next bet would be a return to three shot guns max over the next as well ........................
    Er.......Did you follow the link? The matters arising from the December meeting actually says............" Total shotgun capacity set at a maximum of three shells – no person shall hunt game with a shotgun capable of holding more than three shells unless it is plugged with a one piece filler which is incapable of removal without dissembling the gun".

That gives the impression, to me anyway, that it is now a fact. But I welcome comments accompanied by evidence pointing out that my impression is wrong.

Small game Isn't under fish and games control is it?
    VIVA LA HOWA