Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

why i hate layout blinds

well we went out for the first weekend of the summer duck season ofcourse there buggerall flying .the harvest had stalled due to a bit of excess moisture and there just wasnt a lot about .didnt see a parrie all weekend nearly ran over a mob of ducks who didnt seem inclined to fly but we did manage to give the pidgeons and local hare and rabbit population some problems.only two small mobs of geese seen and then only once .they never put in an appearence for the rest of the weekend.
    we did note after picking the gear up last night that more ducks are starting to move so high hopes for this weekend also the cockie informs me more paddocks will be available to hunt seems burning might be be going out of fashion a bit.now to the fn layout blind mines a piece of shit buffalo river thing and its fuckin near crippled me. me sidekick has a cabelas blind which i have had, and got rid of cos i wasnt using it,so my mate youd think he,d be fine ?well he,s walking likie he,s got a carrot stuck up his jacksee . i put it down to age and carrying to much condition for me but obviously the best party of 2 days in a layout blind aint conducive to great posture or back health and sleeping four hours in one probably is worse

Are the expensive ones more comfortable?
    VIVA LA HOWA

Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    Are the expensive ones more comfortable?
    supposedly toby yes the ''mobile ''type blinds are lighter so you,d expect less comfort as opposed to the heavier more expensive models. just age
    and LACK OF BLIND USE KICKING IN TOBY.i hope

The expensive ones are a bit better toby i have a tangle free dead zone it keeps your back straighter but it is massive not very portable only good if you can drive right up to spot x. Ive sat in nearly all the blinds on the market and the Finisher is the best portable and supportive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont have any problems with my Buffalo river blind.

My GHG Groundforce is that comfortable i've fallen asleep in it more than once

mines the cheap sleeping bag type but ask massive about thier dearer frame type then cover your ears
    the cosiest ive ever been in was a old migrator blind

get one of those neoprene sleeping mats and put that in the bottom of the bloody thing.that should resolve part of your arse ache.we didnt need blinds for our goosies-just a bloody leopard crawl through grass to a gorse hedge.
    shortarses like me -hmmm.actually mate did nail me caught a massive sunflash of my bloody watch-quickly removed.
    i haad a shitty inflatable pillow in my blind so found an el cheapo folding headrest which seems to do the trick.

Ejected
    Calbelas have sit up blinds which are undoubtedly more comfortable. A thermarest in the bottom greatly adds to the comfort as kotuku said.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by upnorth uplander View Post
    You would be the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    You would be the only one.
    Look after it and its all good

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    The expensive ones are a bit better toby i have a tangle free dead zone it keeps your back straighter but it is massive not very portable only good if you can drive right up to spot x. Ive sat in nearly all the blinds on the market and the Finisher is the best portable and supportive

I've got the same. Will be interesting walking with it in any wind but it can be left mostly erected and used as a decoy bag. Can't wait for the all clear to get out and use it.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Its a bloody sail! I almost took off in a nw! Make sure you give all the grub screws on the fittings a tighten

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    Its a bloody sail! I almost took off in a nw! Make sure you give all the grub screws on the fittings a tighten

Will do on the grub screws. I reckon if a Southerly comes up when I'm walking the gear in I'll be game bird hunting in the Manawatu.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!