Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hunter308

Thread: An awesome day out in the B.O.P

An awesome day out in the B.O.P

Headed off to Waihi yesterday to wet a line, was supposed to meet Chris later during the day for a fish but there were technical difficulties in finding where I had my wagon parked up and sort of over shot me by a few K's but always a next time. All up I hooked six fish in 30 mins in the short bite time I got during low tide which was an hour after I got there relesed two small Kahawai that were not of a decent size for eating kept a good medium sized Kahawai for the fry pan (got no saw dust for smoker and nothing wrong with pan fried Kahawai) the other three were nice solid hookups but sadly those ones dropped the hook. There was a bit of amusement when another person who was fishing with a seahorse kontiki got his line caught up in mine after the longline got pulled down the beach with the strong current that was running a the time so we just both shared a laugh as I thought I was being taken for a walk by a very good sized fish which sadly it wasn't but still funny as hell anyway.

Name:  10-SANY0010 - Copy.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  233.1 KB
    Name:  15-SANY0016.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  175.2 KB
    Name:  03-SANY0003.JPG
Views: 350
Size:  193.1 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    veitnamcam likes this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Banned
    Nice one mate.I love Kahawai especially poached or smoked.How did you cook it up?.looked like a spectacular day there.

Yep the day was a stunner alright just a shame the wind swung from westerly to NW before I got there, mate of mine was 3 miles off of Mt Maunganui and he reckoned it got nasty out there not long after I rang him up so he bolted for safety.
    Cooking it up tonight seasoned with ground black pepper on the fillets which I gently pressed into the fillets and is in the fridge soaking in some fresh lemon juice before it gets coated in cornflour and goes in the pan.

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter308 View Post
    Cooking it up tonight seasoned with ground black pepper on the fillets which I gently pressed into the fillets and is in the fridge soaking in some fresh lemon juice before it gets coated in cornflour and goes in the pan.
    nice.

Not a bad spot Hunter ,got a watch that current it runs threw there at 8 knots,don't sound like much but is a huge volume of water .
    Saw a Seahorse get swept along there & go round the heads into the harbor.The jamie prick winched it back ,I got hooked up in that too .Was fun chasing it along the beach in the dark. Hour each side of slack tides you can get away with using a kontiki there . Still snapper being caught along there ,just not big numbers of them.
    Gun control means using both hands

Yeah it is a pretty good current running along there was using a B.O.S which seemed to hold up pretty good I just had to cast on an angle to let the line sweep around until I could get the sinker to grab the bottom to keep it out straight. Next time I want to head further towards the heads and try to get over to the other side of it or try the other area you mentioned via PM

You can access the other side from Cave bay,1st left past motor camp .Then down the stairs to the beach,OK at low tide but a lot of sand gone down there & its low tide only at the moment.Can almost get out to Muscle rock on the sand at low tide.
    I don't recommend it at the moment but can fish OK just need to let the sand build up again.

Hell I didn't realise the sand had been gouged out of there the google image I saw would have been before it having sand removed by the storms etc.

Doesn't take long to come back ,couple weeks of settled weather but been like if most of winter.Whole coast been hammered this year even Whiritoa & places like that.
    Got a nice Kahawai just along the beach from where you fished last night,only bite I got for 3 hrs fishing .1.5kg so fresh for dinner tonight with some Seafood Coat n Cook ,fries & eggs. Whats left for my work lunches,nice of you to leave me a feed.

No worries mate you probably got better fishing conditions than the rough crap I was fishing in the other weekend oh and you landed a bigger one than I did lol

Yea the westerly flattens the sea off ,no surf last nite, was like glass with a bit of moon light .(friggin cold though)