Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Boat Insurance (Again)

Right now in the process of insuring a new Jet Boat,and getting quotes on cover.Trawled thru the old posts on this subject.The 2 names that keep coming up are FMG & Nautical.I,ve had a previous jboat covered with Nautical in the past and as its their bread and butter, they,ve got their head around jboat claims in skinny water.Cover and excesses priced acordingly. Now I,m comparing the FMG quote. Seems awfully cheap, and I keep remembering my old Grandfathers motto: If it sounds too good to be true...... So what I wanna know out there in Godzone, is there any FMG policy holders who have made a jboat claim in skinny water? The way I see it, splitting pennys over premium costs and excesses in the grand scheme of things is missing the point.What I need to know is who will come to the party when the shit hits the fan. FMG,s generic boat policy is probably more suited to yatchs & egg beaters.Think the policy wording is too loose to give them riggle room for a jboat skinny water claim. All feedback on FMG boats good bad or otherwise appreciated.Thanks

Ami. Sunk two boats, no issue either time. Wont ensure any boat other than steel or aluminum in shallow water

$400 for 40k $100 excess

@PerazziSC3 &@Mohawk.308 thanks guys for your imput.However doesnt apply to my situation.Cant do AMI or Club.My specific query is who as a FMG client has made a jboat related claim.Dont need to know about other companies dealings thanks.