Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By homebrew.357
  • 2 Post By kiwijames

Thread: Fishing Napier

Fishing Napier

Hi Guys, Planning on heading down to Napier for a break when the rush is over and throw the surf casting rod in to the boot. So what`s the fishing like by HW51 were the Ngaruroro and Clive rivers come out to the beach down there. Thinking it should be good fishing were the rivers come out but new to the area so just a hint would do, no spot X hot spot, just looking for a feed of fish and chips with my feet up in the caravan and a cold beer. Cheers, Brew.
    Dundee likes this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Hey mate. That area is called Waitangi and it's very popular for that exact thing. Plenty of kahawhai about and a few kings and trevs. No shortage of people too.
    Bayview as you come into Napier is OK and Westshore the next beach along is also good enough. A buddy of mine caught a good kingi there last weekend.
    Under the road bridge in Ahuriri at high tide and out going may reward. Lots of mullet there which can confuse people with kahawhai.
    I like Tangoio up the road towards Gisborne just a little more though and it's a pretty walk over to Flat rock. It's very rocky though so gear loss is high.
    veitnamcam and stingray like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Thanks for the heads up, through it would be a hot spot, sounds good and now days a fresh Kahawhai on the smoker is the way to go. Have to check the gears up to scratch in case one of those kings jumps on, can't wait to get down there, Cheers ,Brew.

Watched a couple of utub vids of Allen Milliyard yesterday, thought "homebrew" of motorbikes.
    How you keeping Doug?
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Hi there marjon, Keeping bloody good mate, if the rest of the world is anything to go by and the fact that I can jump in the caravan and go toddling off makes you think thank god I live in N Z. Out of the bush now with hip op and hearing aids so spending time to look at NZ, Project wise my Rolling block build has stopped because I stuffed up my lathe, striped two gears trying to get off the four jaw chuck, have just sent them in to get fixed so should be back into it when I reassemble the lathe. So a bit of camping and fishing should help ease the pain. Hope you had a good Xmas to mate, Cheers, Homebrew.