Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By hunter308

Thread: Happy with this score

Happy with this score

Was browsing the listings on trademe for a nice level wind overhead for the other half to use seeing she has trouble laying the line back onto the spool with a non level wind overhead, now with me being a big fan of penn reels especially USA made ones stumbled across an old penn 309M from the 60's that looked like it was barely used it came with its original box that was also in mint condition and all of its manuals and service tool and the clamp that goes around the back of the reel seat was still in its bag and unopened and it even had the paper that the reels used to be wrapped in prior to going in the box. I scored the reel for $55 plus shipping when it arrived I had a bit of a play with it and there was a problem the level wind kept jamming so on close inspection I found the worm drive was buggered so did a google search and located the updated part number rang my local shop and he had one on the way on Monday morning (didn't realize the 309M was still being made but in china now days). Part is now in and it is spooled up with 400m of 20lb mono and ready to go fishing

gadgetman, timattalon and WallyR like this.
    RULE 4: IDENTIFY YOUR TARGET BEYOND ALL DOUBT

To be a Human is to be an Alien, ask the animals, We invade this world and we are killing it, we are destroying the earth and nobody gives a fuck except for the animals