Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By mikee
  • 1 Post By JoshC

Thread: Just for R93

Just for R93

Decided to go out fishin on Sunday as Saterday (the best day weather wise) was filled with chores.
    Left home for the ramp at 430, as I don't like to que for the ramp, arrived to find 15 car/trailers already there!!!!!!!!! Thankfully they had already launched.

Out into the bay we went to the 20m mark , very calm in close but a nast sloppy offshore wind out there. After a couple of hours (3 Snapper, 2 good Rig and a Kawahi) we zoomed back in to the ramp to find every man, his dog (and cat, rabbit etc etc ) had decided to go boating. Ramp was carnage . Trailers and cars everywhere, boats packed at the bottom on one side waiting for their owners to come back from parking their cars, it was a long long walk back for some.

From where we were fishing I could count 60 boats

Home by 9am.

No pictures as some dopy skipper left his phone at home so he could not get called in to work. Next time.

Roll on next weekend

Oh and was Pan Fried Snapper crusted with cashew nuts for T on Sunday Night and .....................Scampi for T tomorrow night:0
    veitnamcam and Munsey like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Forgot to mention counted 120 cars/trailers in the area when we left. Didn't know there were that many boats in the whole of Nelson!!!
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

More pills and Powder!! burtonator's Avatar
    We went out to, never seen that many cars/boats at the port before!!!
    The snapper have no chance!
    In saying that we only got 1 snapper and a few kawahi
    Life is the art of drawing without an eraser

Quote Originally Posted by burtonator View Post
    Oh yes they do and there are plenty there, most of the people i spoke with got a couple or none. Just spoke to a couple of mate's who got 10 this morning 2-10lb (on long line on my bloody marks I loaned them )

More pills and Powder!! burtonator's Avatar
    Haha sweet yea long lines are good for filling the chilly bin
    Gay how some of us have to work instead if go fishing/hunting
    Life is the art of drawing without an eraser

Quote Originally Posted by burtonator View Post
    We went out to, never seen that many cars/boats at the port before!!!
    In saying that we only got 1 snapper and a few kawahi
    There are shit fisherman as there are shit hunters

Good job Mikee. Getting up at 330 in the weekend doesn't float my boat much though.
    R93 likes this.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Decided to go out fishin on Sunday as Saterday (the best day weather wise) was filled with chores.
    Left home for the ramp at 430, as I don't like to que for the ramp, arrived to find 15 car/trailers already there!!!!!!!!! Thankfully they had already launched.

Out into the bay we went to the 20m mark , very calm in close but a nast sloppy offshore wind out there. After a couple of hours (3 Snapper, 2 good Rig and a Kawahi) we zoomed back in to the ramp to find every man, his dog (and cat, rabbit etc etc ) had decided to go boating. Ramp was carnage . Trailers and cars everywhere, boats packed at the bottom on one side waiting for their owners to come back from parking their cars, it was a long long walk back for some.

From where we were fishing I could count 60 boats

Home by 9am.

No pictures as some dopy skipper left his phone at home so he could not get called in to work. Next time.

Roll on next weekend

Oh and was Pan Fried Snapper crusted with cashew nuts for T on Sunday Night and .....................Scampi for T tomorrow night:0
    Wasnt anything to do with the Kawhai run why so many boats were around, was it? What did you catch your rig on? I have only ever got them on long line or surfcaster and only once on a wet bait, like squid. Crabs work really well off the beaches in Haast and around Hoki. Scampi? You bought seafood?
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Scampi? You bought seafood?
    No but I know some one who knows some one

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    No but I know some one who knows some one
    Sounds like someone good to know?
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.