Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree15Likes
  • 7 Post By Black Rabbit
  • 2 Post By Friwi
  • 3 Post By MB
  • 2 Post By Black Rabbit
  • 1 Post By Kelton

Thread: King Fish were caught in these water. The first time I see it.

King Fish were caught in these water. The first time I see it.

The photo was taken only few days ago, and I found from my local fishing forum. This is the first time, I actually see people caught king fish in north-east water of China. The guy did `t tell me exactly where it was, but I guess it should be in China yellow sea where on the current from Japan. Now is the horse mackerel season, I assume these kings may be following large schools of them and other fishes traveling regularly every year.
    Even most of my best fishing gears locked in NZ, I still got some tough rods here, really like to join the action. But under the shadow of zero covid policy, I may end up of being locked up somewhere, or the worse case...sent to concentration camp for treatments.

Name:  135905fi778w2w22vvto2u.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  96.4 KB
    Always In pursuit of my happiness...No matter the costs.

King fish are actually in more waters than we think. There have even been attempt at growing them in fish farms in Europe I believe.
    A mate of mine was spearfishing them in California.
    Micky Duck and Black Rabbit like this.

MB
    I'm surprised there is a single living fish left within 100km of mainland China!
    Barefoot, Kelton and XR500 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    I'm surprised there is a single living fish left within 100km of mainland China!
    I can feel you, and I am also very angry for the decades of over fishing in China. Before 1985, there are plenty of fishes just off coasts, and shell fishes adequate enough for generations. Not just one or two species, but variety of dozens, even cray fish. But, ccp knew nothing about economy and sustainability, they push fisherman to catch more just to satisfy their boss.
    Now, things have became little bit better, But what has gone, it will gone forever.
    MB and Finnwolf like this.

They are out fishing the coasts of Africa as well. A mate of mine was in Senegal last January and he could see the massive Chinese and Portuguese trawlers out at sea.The locals are so pissed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Was mate past tense
    MB likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    They are out fishing the coasts of Africa as well. A mate of mine was in Senegal last January and he could see the massive Chinese and Portuguese trawlers out at sea.The locals are so pissed about it.
    Yeah mate, I knew. It put me to shame for those actions as their countryman. But those people are just fisherman, well...there are some bad fisherman and the majority of them just followed orders since all the deep sea fishing fleets either is government owned or sailing under the same flag.