Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Last minute trip

Last minute trip

Apologies firstly to cam and Mikee for being a rude bastard , I did make it to nelson last minute decision..
    Turned out my parents and brother nieces etc where all going to be in town . Stole my brothers dingy and got out on the water which was flat as . Only had a window of 3 hrs . Picked up the kingi ( just size 755 mm phew! ) at the glen and caught 7 or more nice rig , kept 3 . Real happy with that
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Apologies firstly to cam and Mikee for being a rude bastard , I did make it to nelson last minute decision..
    Turned out my parents and brother nieces etc where all going to be in town . Stole my brothers dingy and got out on the water which was flat as . Only had a window of 3 hrs . Picked up the kingi ( just size 755 mm phew! ) at the glen and caught 7 or more nice rig , kept 3 . Real happy with that
    Well done mate, I was away friday arvo thru sat morning trying to get a deer as Metservice forcast again for fishing was poo and a mate offered to take me out (had been promising for ages but I was always otherwise occupied. Well done. When you get rig next time trunk them up ASAP and they will taste even better. We will catch you next time eh?
    Munsey and stingray like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Last minute trip

. Met service was still saying very poor boating conditions today . It actually was glassy , Trunk ( is that cutting the fins off ) . I'm very keen to come back up Next time I bring my boat . I don't think I've had bad fishing in your bay yet .

Trunk = remove all fins, Cut down behind head then back to the vent. Wash in sea and remove all blood.
    Munsey and Boulderman like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Nice one, Nelsons legendary forecast accuracy

You should have picked up your cooker!
    I wanted to get out sat for a king but couldn't talk anyone into coming.
    Munsey likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Nice one, Nelsons legendary forecast accuracy

You should have picked up your cooker!
    I wanted to get out sat for a king but couldn't talk anyone into coming.
    Sorry, I was busy .................................................. . sleeping in after friday night

Yes I had my head on backwards Saturday ( too many beersies Friday night ) . So I would have been no use apart from burley trail . Then tied up with family lunches etc another two beers and can't drive anywhere anymore . So didn't pick up cooker , no way back from fishing would have been ideal but had a mere with the longline 7 rig all spinning in opposite directions dumped in bottom of small dingy . That was two hrs to sort
    veitnamcam likes this.

Yes I had my head on backwards Saturday ( too many beersies Friday night ) . So I would have been no use apart from burley trail . Then tied up with family lunches etc another two beers and can't drive anywhere anymore . So didn't pick up cooker , no way back from fishing would have been ideal but had a mere with the longline 7 rig all spinning in opposite directions dumped in bottom of small dingy . That was two hrs to sort
    Are you running clip on traces, got a spare set if your not they are only way to go! Bugger two hours of untangling , a sharp knife and re tied traces. have gone with a 32 Gm sinker clipped in the middle of the hook set to keep the belly out of the line , honestly not sure if it's helping but we have reduced tangles ( so far ) this year.
    Munsey likes this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Cheers stingray . I borrowed it so didn't have the gear to remodel it , ha ha read the thread on your wee balls up with your mask . would be fair to say the swear words would have been flowing ?
    stingray likes this.

I know exactly what all of that is like
    Munsey and stingray like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Cheers stingray . I borrowed it so didn't have the gear to remodel it , ha ha read the thread on your wee balls up with your mask . would be fair to say the swear words would have been flowing ?
    '''Twas adults only Munsey"! We were sitting over a new set of rocks vis was 30 ft . It looked bloody epic .... Gear up ... Pass me my mask .... Never ..ever ..again !!

The old man heard about it today ..... Worst 5 mins of my life ....scorned hard by an old navy diver!
    veitnamcam and Munsey like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

'''Twas adults only Munsey"! We were sitting over a new set of rocks vis was 30 ft . It looked bloody epic .... Gear up ... Pass me my mask .... Never ..ever ..again !!
    @stingray
    Have you not done the "Diving by Braille"course ??

Groping around in the dark might prove to be your thing!!!
    stingray likes this.

Mikee Ive dived murk dirt and midnight, but going by feel is best left to the bedroom!
    Nil durum volenti !!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Mikee Ive dived murk dirt and midnight, but going by feel is best left to the bedroom!

Now that is way, way, way, way, way too much information. Have to go now and pour my coffee out of my keyboard

Not my photos , young bloke up the road! Guess where he is now while I'm painting the bloody fence even better news my lad is out there with him!
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  213.1 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  251.6 KB
    Nil durum volenti !!