Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Last minute trip

  1. #1
    GSP Mad Munsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    5,230

    Last minute trip

    Apologies firstly to cam and Mikee for being a rude bastard , I did make it to nelson last minute decision..
    Turned out my parents and brother nieces etc where all going to be in town . Stole my brothers dingy and got out on the water which was flat as . Only had a window of 3 hrs . Picked up the kingi ( just size 755 mm phew! ) at the glen and caught 7 or more nice rig , kept 3 . Real happy with that
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  2. #2
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,362
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Apologies firstly to cam and Mikee for being a rude bastard , I did make it to nelson last minute decision..
    Turned out my parents and brother nieces etc where all going to be in town . Stole my brothers dingy and got out on the water which was flat as . Only had a window of 3 hrs . Picked up the kingi ( just size 755 mm phew! ) at the glen and caught 7 or more nice rig , kept 3 . Real happy with that
    Well done mate, I was away friday arvo thru sat morning trying to get a deer as Metservice forcast again for fishing was poo and a mate offered to take me out (had been promising for ages but I was always otherwise occupied. Well done. When you get rig next time trunk them up ASAP and they will taste even better. We will catch you next time eh?
    Munsey and stingray like this.

  3. #3
    GSP Mad Munsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    5,230

    Last minute trip

    . Met service was still saying very poor boating conditions today . It actually was glassy , Trunk ( is that cutting the fins off ) . I'm very keen to come back up Next time I bring my boat . I don't think I've had bad fishing in your bay yet .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  4. #4
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,362
    Trunk = remove all fins, Cut down behind head then back to the vent. Wash in sea and remove all blood.
    Munsey and Boulderman like this.

  5. #5
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    20,255
    Nice one, Nelsons legendary forecast accuracy

    You should have picked up your cooker!
    I wanted to get out sat for a king but couldn't talk anyone into coming.
    Munsey likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

  6. #6
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,362
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Nice one, Nelsons legendary forecast accuracy

    You should have picked up your cooker!
    I wanted to get out sat for a king but couldn't talk anyone into coming.
    Sorry, I was busy .................................................. . sleeping in after friday night

  7. #7
    GSP Mad Munsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    5,230
    Yes I had my head on backwards Saturday ( too many beersies Friday night ) . So I would have been no use apart from burley trail . Then tied up with family lunches etc another two beers and can't drive anywhere anymore . So didn't pick up cooker , no way back from fishing would have been ideal but had a mere with the longline 7 rig all spinning in opposite directions dumped in bottom of small dingy . That was two hrs to sort
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  8. #8
    Member stingray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    nelson
    Posts
    1,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Yes I had my head on backwards Saturday ( too many beersies Friday night ) . So I would have been no use apart from burley trail . Then tied up with family lunches etc another two beers and can't drive anywhere anymore . So didn't pick up cooker , no way back from fishing would have been ideal but had a mere with the longline 7 rig all spinning in opposite directions dumped in bottom of small dingy . That was two hrs to sort
    Are you running clip on traces, got a spare set if your not they are only way to go! Bugger two hours of untangling , a sharp knife and re tied traces. have gone with a 32 Gm sinker clipped in the middle of the hook set to keep the belly out of the line , honestly not sure if it's helping but we have reduced tangles ( so far ) this year.
    Munsey likes this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

  9. #9
    GSP Mad Munsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    5,230
    Cheers stingray . I borrowed it so didn't have the gear to remodel it , ha ha read the thread on your wee balls up with your mask . would be fair to say the swear words would have been flowing ?
    stingray likes this.
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  10. #10
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    20,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Yes I had my head on backwards Saturday ( too many beersies Friday night ) . So I would have been no use apart from burley trail . Then tied up with family lunches etc another two beers and can't drive anywhere anymore . So didn't pick up cooker , no way back from fishing would have been ideal but had a mere with the longline 7 rig all spinning in opposite directions dumped in bottom of small dingy . That was two hrs to sort
    I know exactly what all of that is like
    Munsey and stingray like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

  11. #11
    Member stingray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    nelson
    Posts
    1,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Cheers stingray . I borrowed it so didn't have the gear to remodel it , ha ha read the thread on your wee balls up with your mask . would be fair to say the swear words would have been flowing ?
    '''Twas adults only Munsey"! We were sitting over a new set of rocks vis was 30 ft . It looked bloody epic .... Gear up ... Pass me my mask .... Never ..ever ..again !!

    The old man heard about it today ..... Worst 5 mins of my life ....scorned hard by an old navy diver!
    veitnamcam and Munsey like this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

  12. #12
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,362
    '''Twas adults only Munsey"! We were sitting over a new set of rocks vis was 30 ft . It looked bloody epic .... Gear up ... Pass me my mask .... Never ..ever ..again !!
    @stingray
    Have you not done the "Diving by Braille"course ??

    Groping around in the dark might prove to be your thing!!!
    stingray likes this.

  13. #13
    Member stingray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    nelson
    Posts
    1,904
    Mikee Ive dived murk dirt and midnight, but going by feel is best left to the bedroom!
    Nil durum volenti !!

  14. #14
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    7,362
    Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Mikee Ive dived murk dirt and midnight, but going by feel is best left to the bedroom!

    Now that is way, way, way, way, way too much information. Have to go now and pour my coffee out of my keyboard

  15. #15
    Member stingray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    nelson
    Posts
    1,904
    Not my photos , young bloke up the road! Guess where he is now while I'm painting the bloody fence even better news my lad is out there with him!
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  213.1 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  251.6 KB
    Nil durum volenti !!

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Five minute sika
    By 7mmsf in forum The Magazine
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 16-11-2014, 10:14 AM
  2. The ten minute deer skinner
    By rob270 in forum Hunting
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 30-08-2013, 12:35 PM
  3. Last minute ,Winter hunting
    By Mohawk660 in forum Upcoming Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-07-2013, 12:08 AM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 03:42 PM
  5. Thought I'd killed it for a minute
    By Spanners in forum Questions, Comments, Suggestions, Testing.
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-02-2012, 09:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!