Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Clint Ruin
  • 1 Post By quentin
  • 1 Post By quentin
  • 1 Post By Tommy

Thread: Neoprene glue

Neoprene glue

Hey guys,

Slightly off topic but I'm after a glue of some sort that would be good to fix up my wetsuit. Its the same material as the neoprene waders I have so thought someone out there may have some grand idea of what to purchase (trying to avoid buying a new one if I can). I've been lucky enough not to rip my waders in the 5 or so years I've had them so am not too sure. I've looked on the net and found many conflicting answers so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Aquaseal Urethane Adhesive . Most shops that do fishing gear will have it or can get it . Used it on my own gear and sold a pile of it for fixing waders its really good
    HNTMAD likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Ruin View Post
    Aquaseal Urethane Adhesive . Most shops that do fishing gear will have it or can get it . Used it on my own gear and sold a pile of it for fixing waders its really good
    Aqua seal is Expensive for a small tube, bostik do a two part mix in a one litre tiin and Hardner that is a better glue.i think it is 501 or 506 glue will check later

You want a product called "black witch". Comes in a red tube with black writing on it. Designed specifically for neoprene. Hold the cut in your wetsuit open with clothes pegs, apply thin bead on each side, let it go off, take the pegs off. It'll stick like ....

You may have to google or eBay it tho

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=bl...Z2Bq_yI7sAM%3A

On a similar subject, any one here knows a good place for wet suits repairs? I mean big patch up, not just a little cut. Preferably a place that does sewing also , not just gluing. Thanks

DownUnder Wetsuit Repairs Nelson. Yellow pages .

Ask him if he's the bloke from bright water if so I highly recommend him.
    Nil durum volenti !!

Wicked, cheers for all the info guys

Don't use aquaseal to glue two pieces of neoprene together. It doesn't have enough stretch, and will tear apart.
    Use this stuff - I have fixed rips in wetsuits up to 30cm long, and the repairs have lasted as long as the rest of the wetsuit.
    Cspence likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by quentin View Post
    Don't use aquaseal to glue two pieces of neoprene together. It doesn't have enough stretch, and will tear apart.
    Use this stuff - I have fixed rips in wetsuits up to 30cm long, and the repairs have lasted as long as the rest of the wetsuit.
    So did you pull the two sides together and glue in that way or did you have a third piece that acted as a patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Cspence View Post
    So did you pull the two sides together and glue in that way or did you have a third piece that acted as a patch?
    The two sides were pulled together. The glue was placed on each side of the rip, and left to dry. I put a second coat on each side, and left that to be just dry to the touch. Only at that point were the two sides brought back together, and pressed firmly together. Job done.
    Cspence likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    On a similar subject, any one here knows a good place for wet suits repairs? I mean big patch up, not just a little cut. Preferably a place that does sewing also , not just gluing. Thanks
    I HIGHLY recommend Seaquel products on the North Shore. They are awesome, eg made my old lady a custom suit for less than what an off the rack one cost elsewhere. Do a shit ton of mods to suits for all the shops. Go have a look, they're also ridiculously cheap
    Cspence likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    wettie guys in dorkland make wetsuits as well as alterations and are more than happy to help
    and send shit out if you dont live close by