Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ingrid 51

Thread: Rotorua Spin

Rotorua Spin

Hey all.
    Going to be working in Rotorua 30th till 13th of Nov and have couple of free days and couple of early knock off available to me so I thought id chuck the spin set in for the ride.
    Depending how it all goes next time Im back ill bring the Airflo with me and crack the whip.

What I am keen to find out is some local etiquette or do and donts for the area.
    Ive never fished the Rotorua area but will prob shore fish Rotorua, Okareka and Kaituna.

Any hints or knowledge passed on will be gratefully received.

Cheers

Lake Rotorua is developing its seasonal algal bloom on Eastern side. Try spinning mouth of Ngongataha stream. You can wade out a fair way, the bottom is firm and fish hang off the slight lip there. You could also try Okere Falls; firstly above the control gates where you should cast and slowly retrieve as lures swept back towards the true left bank. Brownies hang there. The ‘trout pool’ at bottom of the rafting run can produce, but watch out for the “yeehaaa” Adrenalin junkies.
    Reindeer likes this.