Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Thoughts on this?

"Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Hmmm he will be making a bit of money of you tube which will have videos of him using the boat... Use that argument and every guide that puts up videos on doc land should need a concession, starts a slippery slope.

Very odd they won't send the legislation, I'd say it's a retaliation to what he has said about commercial fishing (haven't seen that video). If that's the case it shouldn't hold up in court.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Hmmm he will be making a bit of money of you tube which will have videos of him using the boat... Use that argument and every guide that puts up videos on doc land should need a concession, starts a slippery slope.

Very odd they won't send the legislation, I'd say it's a retaliation to what he has said about commercial fishing (haven't seen that video). If that's the case it shouldn't hold up in court.
    Every guide already does need a concession don't they? As does every drone operator I think...

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    Every guide already does need a concession don't they? As does every drone operator I think...

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk
    They do if guiding on doc land, if they are just showing a video of deer on doc land not whilst guiding... Was used as an example (probably not the best one)

Sadly if he is taking "clients" or paying customers on this for "hire or some other type of reward" then he will need to have his boat in survey and MOSS just like all other commercial operators not just fisherman
    R93 likes this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Sadly if he is taking "clients" or paying customers on this for "hire or some other type of reward" then he will need to have his boat in survey and MOSS just like all other commercial operators not just fisherman
    I am not up on the laws but figured as his core business is posting vidioes of hunting and fishing then the vessel is being used for a commercial venture whether passengers pay or not?

I dont know either way but thought it was an interesting point to clarify if possible.

Na. He don't need anything. No licence no certification . he can just say hes with Uber
    Gibo, Steve123, A330driver and 1 others like this.

Hes making money somewhere, cause the Govt wants some

If it's in the law, it's written down. If it isn't, it's not law. Not wanting to provide the relevant bit of legislation they reckon he's breaching = suck my fat one motherfuckers. It's mabo, it's the vibe of the thing.

Shit, when do I get admitted to the bar?
    Dorkus and Cordite like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    If it's in the law, it's written down. If it isn't, it's not law. Not wanting to provide the relevant bit of legislation they reckon he's breaching = suck my fat one motherfuckers. It's mabo, it's the vibe of the thing.

I thought you had to have passed the Bar to have access to various legal stuff? IE we have to obey laws we cannot access?

Quote Originally Posted by berg243 View Post
    if you take someone fishing with you and they pay for part of the fuel or supply food or fishing gear that is deemed a reward so can be classed as commercial.
    He said he fronts it, they pay nothing. They also need to prove he takes payment
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Thoughts on this?

I can assure you he fronts the fuel bill and doesn't ask for anything.... Not even diesel to get down there..... Usually supply's the sammys aswell.... Although sometimes forgets the fillings........
    He makes his money from the patrioen thing were people subscribe and pay $$$ each month...... He said that his boat videos are put up on normal YouTube free for everyone to watch....... I don't know as I rarely watch his vids

I think he still will have to do it as there is some gain for him using the boat in his videos as it attracts people to him and his business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Blisters likes this.
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I thought you had to have passed the Bar to have access to various legal stuff? IE we have to obey laws we cannot access?
    NZ legislation is freely available to all citizens. Just Google 'Commercial Fishing Act, NZ' and that will come up with something. Be aware that some NZ Acts also have a separate set of Regulations that show how the act is administered. To be legally sure, you must read the Act and the Regulations together (eg; The Arms Act as a classic example). The prosecutor and the Courts will take the view that 'ignorance of the law is no excuse', however the Court will take a very dim view of any Gov't Dept that refused to at least quote the relevant legislation to any affected party.

Remember that the taxpayers of NZ provide all the money that government and its various departments operate with. Any NZ legislation belongs to the public, and all government employees are 'public servants'. Every now and then they need to be reminded of that!

Josh`s situation is being discussed in great detail on facebook, and looks like it may even turn into a kind of trial case.
    Seems the powers that be want a slice from anyone deemed to be gaining from a vessel, be it in hard cash terms, or simply advertising
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    If it's in the law, it's written down. If it isn't, it's not law. Not wanting to provide the relevant bit of legislation they reckon he's breaching = suck my fat one ********. It's mabo, it's the vibe of the thing.

They may prefer not to send him the relevant legislation... but surely he is entitled to request the Maritime NZ prohibition in writing.