Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By chainsaw
  • 5 Post By sharps no 1
  • 1 Post By BSA
  • 1 Post By poc30
  • 1 Post By inozz

Thread: Whitebait anyone heard thru the grapevine

Whitebait anyone heard thru the grapevine

I thought that DOC was going to release info on new rules around white baiting prior to the coming season (kicks off in month for east coast South Island). There was talk of banning screens, traps in nets, sock nets regional changes in season length, banning of baiting in certain rivers to create sanctuaries etc etc? Has anyone heard what if anything is going to change?

All I could find is the proposal stuff on the DOC website, the local DOC office says no rule changes for this season but they are unsure when the rule changes will be announced, is this as much as anyone knows?

https://www.doc.govt.nz/get-involved...n-new-zealand/

Nah, they’re too busy slaughtering endangered species
    Boaraxa and Mr300WSM like this.

Pretty unlikely the clowns would hobble us great unwashed before the election, just imagine the uprising from the coasters who are traditionaly labourites. Sage and her klingons have probably had the word to wait till the comrades have got another three years and then whacko. I could be wrong, we are dealing with fuckin lunatics here so anything can happen
    stingray, Boaraxa, inozz and 2 others like this.

BSA
    You are correct. Not releasing the new regulations until after the elections. Too hot a potato for them especially after the Tahr fiasco.
    inozz likes this.

I'm sure any rules the greens would make would go way over the top, BUT, is the current situation sustainable? There's definitely not as much bait around as there once was

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Moa Hunter likes this.

there is in the north Is. The last few years have been outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by sharps no 1 View Post
    Pretty unlikely the clowns would hobble us great unwashed before the election, just imagine the uprising from the coasters who are traditionaly labourites. Sage and her klingons have probably had the word to wait till the comrades have got another three years and then whacko. I could be wrong, we are dealing with fuckin lunatics here so anything can happen
    yup, totally agree. i think their mission is to wipe out the kiwi way of life . i think there does need to be sensible conservation changes but that would probably be to much to expect.
    Maca49 likes this.

@yerimaginaryM8 Euginie,s web site is stating "there will be no change to the start of the upcoming season to the current rules" She's as slippery as an eel.She uses her words very economically.I,m thinking once the comrades have won the election in Sept,she,ll snap the trap mid season with her new set of rules.She,s already got them at the Govt printer ready to roll out.Note of caution- she hasnt said on record that there will be no changes to this season, just those well chosen words above instead.It goes without saying, dont vote for anything left of the centreline including the treacherous king maker.He got the destructive Sage in last time

@yerimaginaryM8 Euginie,s web site is stating "there will be no change to the start of the upcoming season to the current rules" She's as slippery as an eel.She uses her words very economically.I,m thinking once the comrades have won the election in Sept,she,ll snap the trap mid season with her new set of rules.She,s already got them at the Govt printer ready to roll out.Note of caution- she hasnt said on record that there will be no changes to this season, just those well chosen words above instead.It goes without saying, dont vote for anything left of the centreline including the treacherous king maker.He got the destructive Sage in last time

We are not great at policing the waters around NZ at all. The RNZAF with Fishery observers on some flights appear to be powerless in apprehending foreign vessels inside both our 12 mile limit and no fishing areas? It is known in the past that foreign vessels sneak in under darkness close to our shores to plunder our fishery stock. The Navy cannot catch up with these fishing vessels at all. Successive Govts appear not wishing to uphold nor enforce our economic zones around NZ and with only 6 P3 Orion maritime aircraft to cover the huge oceans around NZ, we haven't much of a chance really. The current Govt has purchased 4 new Maritime aircraft, yet to be delivered to replace the aging Orion fleet. We have little chance of protecting our off shore waters for the future. The salmon and whitebait fisherman will pay the price of what's not coming back up our rivers? Food for thought......

Quote Originally Posted by sharps no 1 View Post
    Labour doesnt give a rat's arse about the coast and I doubt he gets in from the coast voters. It is jointed with
    Tasman and suspect he gets across the line from their votes.
    With all the anti industry policy from the greens facilitated by Labour, they arent that popular there