Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Could be bad news

Could be bad news

Possible paper road closure. Don't know this track personally but sure some of you will.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/30059...nkles#comments
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Sounds more like it's tidying up access to me. As long as access is maintained I can't see this being a problem
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

Gone but not forgotten
    I hunted there a bit when I was at Massey. There was a poled route across the farmland (closed during lambing) and a hut on the edge of the bush (now long gone). Access never went near the house.

Any loss of a paper road is bad news people.
    I dont inow the area at all but from my veiw.
    The only acceptable compromise is remapping the paper road away from his house on a route that could acually become a road in the future.
    Puffin, Beaker, Woody and 3 others like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Agreed VC.
    The constant erosion of access to the western Ruahine is eventually going to lead to more poaching as the access gets cut off. So much access has been lost in recent times.
    The big deal here though is it's being driven from local council and the cocky isn't too worried. Yep he wouldn't mind the road moving away from his house, who wouldn't, but who's going to pay? Not the council, they don't want to pay for the grader to go up there x times a year. THATS what the real issue is.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
    veitnamcam, GWH, Beaker and 3 others like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Any loss of a paper road is bad news people.
    I dont inow the area at all but from my veiw.
    The only acceptable compromise is remapping the paper road away from his house on a route that could acually become a road in the future.
    Agree with your sentiment VC. Perhaps we should all put in submissions to the Council, if someone puts up the details
    veitnamcam and Reindeer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Reindeer View Post
    Agreed VC.
    The constant erosion of access to the western Ruahine is eventually going to lead to more poaching as the access gets cut off. So much access has been lost in recent times.
    The big deal here though is it's being driven from local council and the cocky isn't too worried. Yep he wouldn't mind the road moving away from his house, who wouldn't, but who's going to pay? Not the council, they don't want to pay for the grader to go up there x times a year. THATS what the real issue is.

Access to public land and public roads is being cut off all over the country! ....its an epidemic!
    Rusky, PillowDribbler and Jukes like this.

5th June cut off.
    Once the road stoppage is enshrined in private property rights it's game over.

https://www.mdc.govt.nz/news/2022/ro...-of-opawe-road

Cordite likes this.

He bought the farm knowing full well that it was split in two by being both sides of a road HE DID NOT OWN.

The link Reindeer has provided has an Email address we should all respond to. Its in my old stomping ground.

One farm owner vs tens thousands of potential users of the paper road and public land at the end. Remember those tax payers are the real owners of the paper road and public conservation estate. The council needs to be put back in their box.

Its pissing down here, so no work outside for me. So will spend some time on the phone letting the council know what their real duty is. Then some Emails...
    veitnamcam, Puffin, Woody and 5 others like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Reindeer View Post
    5th June cut off.
    Once the road stoppage is enshrined in private property rights it's game over.

https://www.mdc.govt.nz/news/2022/ro...-of-opawe-road

Link states Thurs June 9

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    He bought the farm knowing full well that it was split in two by being both sides of a road HE DID NOT OWN.

The link Reindeer has provided has an Email address we should all respond to. Its in my old stomping ground.

One farm owner vs tens thousands of potential users of the paper road and public land at the end. Remember those tax payers are the real owners of the paper road and public conservation estate. The council needs to be put back in their box.

Its pissing down here, so no work outside for me. So will spend some time on the phone letting the council know what their real duty is. Then some Emails...
    I am happy to submit even though I will likely never use the road. I hate this sort of crap and it eats at my principals.

Q) If the legal road is shifted to another part of the property, is there a location with terrain suitable for the road to be formed to allow unfettered vehicle access to the Conservation boundary ?. The location would need to be no greater distance than the road takes now.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Link states Thurs June 9
    My bad, should have had my specs on.

Moa Hunter likes this.

Submitted.
    Grey Kiwi and Reindeer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post

Pull your head in buddy nowhere does it state in the article that this is anything to do with Joe Public vs the farmer it's an initiative started by the council not the farmer
    Rich007, BRADS and Sideshow like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Pull your head in buddy nowhere does it state in the article that this is anything to do with Joe Public vs the farmer it's an initiative started by the council not the farmer
    .....Does it say that in the article? Given DOC's mishandling of relationships with landowners adjacent to the Ruahine Forest Park, please forgive me if I take a dim view of ANY council or DOC relationship with a landowner... Access to the western side of the Ruahine range in particular has been mismanaged in the past, and it wouldn't surprise me at all to see that there has been a misrepresentation in the media about why access has become a media reportable issue...
    For what it's worth - I'm hoping this can be resolved; I like my access to the Ruahines, and if a bunch of arseholes piss off landowners and change access permissions then I'm going to be annoyed.
    If there's anything I can do to reassure a landowner, or ensure a privilege is not abused then I am all for it!!!!
    Carbine, Reindeer and Cordite like this.