Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: The EX- Te Iringa Hut?????????

The EX- Te Iringa Hut?????????

Ok Team,

It is long overdue timewise for the REAL truth about the mysterious disappearance ( in a cloud of sparks & smoke) of this famous hut????

Who knows the real guts on what actually caused it to vaporise????????????

I personally would love to know, it has been bugging me for years & I've heard ALL sorts of rumours!!!!!!!!!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Martians fighting Venusians with ray guns.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

A hunter staying at the hut lit his stove, went outside, (probably went to the dunny) and when he came back the hut was on fire.
    Spirits stoves aye, once they're going . . . .
    I went up a week or so later and collected what was left of his rifle and dropped it off to Mark Bridgeman. I believe the owner was going to make an insurance claim for it.
    From the remains it clearly when up fast. There was the remaining half of an Ali ladder that had been up against the hut still lying there, I still have a melted bit of it here at home.
    Last edited by Barefoot; 16-02-2016 at 05:52 PM.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    A hunter lit his stove, went outside, (probably to go to the dunny) and when he came back the hut was on fire.
    I went up a week or so later and collected what was left of his rifle from the ashes so the insurance could be claimed on it.
    From the remains it clearly when up fast. There was half an Ali ladder that had been up against the hut still lying there, I still have a melted bit of it here at home.
    Someone you know Barefoot.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Someone you know Barefoot.
    No I just happened to stick my head into to catch up with Mark and he asked me to grab it seeing as I was going to be up there.

I think that this could be picked up by Women's Day magazine and turned into a cover stage story. Maybe a series, even.

Probably needs to be an Ian Wishart book if people want to cover all the versions and conspiracies that have been voiced over the years
    sako75, Pointer, Munsey and 1 others like this.

Julian Assange was seeking asylum there with Elvis Presley, during 9/11, while the French were up there doing secret nuclear tests. You can read about it in Micheal Moores' book poisoning paradise
    BRADS likes this.

Oh I'd heard it was some culler that lit his fart after a feed of beans
    Pointer, Gibo and kiwiazonic like this.

Did I detect a smidgeon of sarcasm there chaps??????

Thank you Barefoot for that Info. I had heard all sorts of rumours, even one where our favourite Govt Dept was involved!!!! Tsk! Tsk!!!

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    A hunter staying at the hut lit his stove, went outside, (probably went to the dunny) and when he came back the hut was on fire.
    Spirits stoves aye, once they're going . . . .
    I went up a week or so later and collected what was left of his rifle and dropped it off to Mark Bridgeman. I believe the owner was going to make an insurance claim for it.
    From the remains it clearly when up fast. There was the remaining half of an Ali ladder that had been up against the hut still lying there, I still have a melted bit of it here at home.
    Same story I heard. Supposedly was insured and offered to rebuild but was declined.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

...Due to its proximity, from what I'm told

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Same story I heard. Supposedly was insured and offered to rebuild but was declined.
    Do you know who had it insured???? I heard a bit of a rumour about insurance cover on the hut too but never quite got to the bottom of it.

Hunters and Habitats had only just finished renovating the hut when it burnt down.
    From memory it was insured and paid out.
    However when they offered to rebuild (the design was worked out) DOC stepped in was a long list of requirements and stipulations including the club being liable if someone had an accident, tripped on the deck, all maintenance for ever and a day, basically an OSH and logistic nightmare.
    So the club walked away from it and of course DOC couldn't be arsed rebuilding because it was "to close to the road end".
    Pointer likes this.