Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Shearer
  • 2 Post By Timmay

Thread: What to do?

What to do?

Hey everyone,
    I got the thanks for coming but see you later phone call this morning from the CEO, as at the end of next month I will be suckling on the governments teat... This means I am about to have an insane amount of free time on my hands

I am based in the CNI and am looking for walks/tramps/huts and other things to do in the general area. I have a young family so unfortunately a big mission to the South island probably wont be on the cards. However 3-4 day missions will be easy to manage.

One thing I would like to do is the loop track from the end of Clements mill road back through and around to the Te Iringa Car park - I need to get my fitness up a little bit first mind you.

I've also never been to Lake Waikaremoana - so a suggestion about that would be nice, something I could even take my 4yo son to do?

Cheers

on $$$$ front,if you can drive truck or a tractor there is plenty of work about right now for next 6 mths,all AG contractors will be screaming out for people for the grass harvest season...and with covid their are few if any foreigners coming in this year to do it.

Yup plenty of work for anyone that can drive a machine at the moment. Some exceptional money being paid if you have a bit of experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are spoilt for choice where you are. Tongiriro NP, Kaimanawa, Kaweka. All have a fantastic array of tracks and huts. Get on the Doc website and start planning
    And you other guys stop offering him work.
    40mm and XR500 like this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Thanks Lads, unfortunately no machine experience but I do have my class 2 licence so that may be a nose in the door so will keep that in mind.

I'm hoping to take 2 ish or more months to hit the reset button and explore the tracks I never 'found' the time to do before.
    jakewire and Shearer like this.

class two will see you foot in door,most transport firms have a class two fert sower and wee flea stock truck....wee puddle jumper freight trucks too.lots off smaller chiller trucks..bidvest etc.