Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Knives Africa


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: buying on ebay

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    kawerau
    Posts
    65

    Exclamation buying on ebay

    just wanting to know whats it like buying scopes on ebay and mounts is there any process to follow with importing ?

  2. #2
    Member Sarvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Marlborough
    Posts
    1,970
    Quote Originally Posted by nwatene View Post
    just wanting to know whats it like buying scopes on ebay and mounts is there any process to follow with importing ?
    If the seller will/allowed to send - then you will have no problems apart from you will need an import liecnce (if over 1K value) and freight company (DHL Fedex etc) will request GST/Import/Customs fees before release from Auckland.
    BUT - getting items out of America is ner on impossible - even a set of rings can be a major for them to send.
    Europe - not same problems

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    kawerau
    Posts
    65
    thanks was just looking at a scopemount and scope thats under $500 For my young fullas rifle

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,227
    Quote Originally Posted by nwatene View Post
    thanks was just looking at a scopemount and scope thats under $500 For my young fullas rifle
    Importation of goods has been covered at great length in many threads.

    In a nutshell anything with a declared value over $NZ400 will attract a bio security fee and gst on the cost of the goods plus shipping.

    Anything closely associated with a firearm can cause difficulties with shipping, that’s if the vendor will ship internationally. This includes mounts, rings, scopes etc.

    Do your research.

    B

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,243
    Quote Originally Posted by shift14 View Post
    Importation of goods has been covered at great length in many threads.

    In a nutshell anything with a declared value over $NZ400 will attract a bio security fee and gst on the cost of the goods plus shipping.

    Anything closely associated with a firearm can cause difficulties with shipping, that’s if the vendor will ship internationally. This includes mounts, rings, scopes etc.

    Do your research.

    B
    Close. Its not specifically $400 but anything that attracts more than $60 in fee's. Most goods this means $400 as GST is the only fee, but some goods have a higher tariff (Clothing is one from memory) and if that is the case the threshold for the fee is when the fee hits $60 or more.

  6. #6
    Member Sarvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Marlborough
    Posts
    1,970
    Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    Close. Its not specifically $400 but anything that attracts more than $60 in fee's. Most goods this means $400 as GST is the only fee, but some goods have a higher tariff (Clothing is one from memory) and if that is the case the threshold for the fee is when the fee hits $60 or more.
    Yes - footwear and clothing attract 10% duty

  7. #7
    Ejected
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    HBC, NORTH of Auckland
    Posts
    5,250
    Quote Originally Posted by nwatene View Post
    thanks was just looking at a scopemount and scope thats under $500 For my young fullas rifle
    What is it?
    The main issue is getting people to export it.
    But have a look at the likes of Rifle Scopes at The Rifle Scope Store - Improve Your Shooting Today! etc

  8. #8
    Member EeeBees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    past the gum trees on your left
    Posts
    4,957
    Postage from the US from ebay listings is over the top usually ... the UK is so much cheaper ... I do not purchase scopes etc
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

    ...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

  9. #9
    Member Sarvo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Marlborough
    Posts
    1,970
    Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    Postage from the US from ebay listings is over the top usually ... the UK is so much cheaper ... I do not purchase scopes etc
    Shipping UK v US - You are so correct - why - I do not know either.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Can we buy bipod or picatinny rails from ebay without permit?
    By HelloWorld in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-06-2017, 10:01 AM
  2. ebay sellers with cheap shipping
    By turner nz in forum Off topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2016, 06:34 AM
  3. Knives off eBay
    By buckles1 in forum Hunting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-07-2014, 09:49 AM
  4. Buying rangefinders off eBay?
    By Kimber in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-10-2013, 06:51 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2013, 04:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!