Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Cowboy
  • 1 Post By Kopua Cowboy
  • 1 Post By GWH
  • 2 Post By Flyblown

Thread: Can I run a thread and remove it in a few weeks?

Can I run a thread and remove it in a few weeks?

I just gained access to an old YouTube account of mine and realised there is heaps of vaguely interesting hunting stuff on there.
    I was tempted to chuck it up on a thread but there's a couple of folk who I don't have contact with anymore as they've moved away and not sure whether they're happy to be on the forum. So wondering if I can pull it after the regulars have a had a nosey.

Mostly just stuff like this.
    https://youtu.be/PqwLl7sC12A
    Moa Hunter likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Great video but I reckon the answer to your question is “nope”. Once the thread is up it there forever (unless of course it goes pear shaped and the mods delete it”.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Great video but I reckon the answer to your question is “nope”. Once the thread is up it there forever (unless of course it goes pear shaped and the mods delete it”.
    Self sabotage is an option
    40mm likes this.
    I'd like to verify your clam.

Lol

Sweet as. I noticed a vid I knocked up to remind me of a contract goat job we did in some Fijian islands but didny want it to stay up too long. How long before the edit function is removed? I only care about the regulars anyway as they're the ones showing me stuff.
    Last edited by Cowboy; 08-08-2021 at 09:38 PM.

Why not take it off the you tube account after a while. The thread will exist but there will be no vid when the link is clicked on.

Geez cunning. Although I don't have any of the footage saved anywhere so kind of like that some memories still exist through the form of old you tube vids. I wonder if I can change the link at yt, so that it fails.

You should be able to download those YouTube clips. Surely

I'm not sure. You'd think so ay. I may well have the vids but I have 20 years of hunting vids and pics in files and there's so many it not with wading through all the random fishing and hunting stuff looking for certain things. If we ever have another lock down it'd be a good mission to tidy everything into files separated into hunting spots or roar/spring/winter/pig hunting sections.
    Last edited by Cowboy; 08-08-2021 at 09:54 PM.

Cheers I'll do that

GWH
    If the vids are on a channel you control theres a download option via youtube.
    Cowboy likes this.

You can also leave them on YouTube forever and just switch their status to private so no one can see them, other than you.
    dogmatix and Cowboy like this.
    Just...say...the...word

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Geez cunning. Although I don't have any of the footage saved anywhere so kind of like that some memories still exist through the form of old you tube vids. I wonder if I can change the link at yt, so that it fails.
    Don't rely on youtube for saving things - download it as well so you always control it. Nothing stops hosts from deleting old content or using it as they please by changing their terms of use.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    You can also leave them on YouTube forever and just switch their status to private so no one can see them, other than you.
    Flyblown has it - once signed in on youtube you'll go to the left side "Your Videos" button, then under the column "Visibility" select the dropdown tab for each video, and click "Private". You won't be able to share the link to anyone or view it without being signed in. Unlisted just means that it's not searchable, but you can still share the link with people.

Personally I would prefer to be able to delete or edit content... it's a good feature on forums so you can add information, correct it etc. Works well elsewhere.