Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree307Likes

Thread: Deleting profile to escape n get out of this place

Deleting profile to escape n get out of this place

Where abouts in the settings is the burn and delete my profile button...? I'm going to jettison the internet and go back to the 1970s living meat & Veg life style and writing with a pencil.....
    40mm likes this.

Crawdads and possum belly stews cooked in a billy over the open fire, I can give you an old bow saw if you want to hand your chainsaw in.

I guess I have never understood the urge people have to go out with a fanfare.
    dannyb and Dago like this.

pencil? is that one of those new fangled gadgets that doesnt run on fossil fuel?
    oh wait what is pencil lead? carbon? oh dear
    257weatherby and JessicaChen like this.

northdude
    Why do people need to make an announcement they are leaving just log off? I dont think anyone will hack an nzhs account and start posting on your behalf
    mikee, hamsav, keengunNic and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Why do people need to make an announcement they are leaving just log off? I dont think anyone will hack an nzhs account and start posting on your behalf
    Possibly so some stand back a bit and look how bad this place has got in the last year ?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Tahr, buzzman, madjon_ and 12 others like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Possibly so some stand back a bit and look how bad this place has got in the last year ?

I think that the forum has improved. For a long time after I joined I found the forum a bit boring and limited with members posting dead animal photos to accumulate likes and popularity as the predominant activity. I didnt look often. Since the Mosque shooting the forum has matured into a place for open discussion on all matters by persons with a common interest and comradery. Someone might write in reply that the online scraps and personalised attacks are bad for the forum, and that is quite true, however I see that as a phase that will disappear once members learn how to disagree and debate online. I am grateful for the learning the forum has provided me.
    C404, hamsav, timattalon and 8 others like this.

I ask where's the button because I have looked at all the "My profile settings" and other options, and for the life of me It appears that it's not possible to remove an account and delete MY profile?
    Just out of interest have any of you noticed that this sight records and tracks your every move ?
    Once they control what you hate! They'll interfere with the things you like and will reach across the table and take whatever they want.... I always leave a party while its fun and before the Drunks are too drunk and ruin the place...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i_aYli_1iqs

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    I think that the forum has improved. For a long time after I joined I found the forum a bit boring and limited with members posting dead animal photos to accumulate likes and popularity as the predominant activity. I didnt look often. Since the Mosque shooting the forum has matured into a place for open discussion on all matters by persons with a common interest and comradery. Someone might write in reply that the online scraps and personalised attacks are bad for the forum, and that is quite true, however I see that as a phase that will disappear once members learn how to disagree and debate online. I am grateful for the learning the forum has provided me.
    It is comments like this (highlighted) that have killed the hunting reports and magazine section. That is a shame because for many that was the corner stone of the forum.
    Since the "event" the forum (to me) has been populated by (some) people who only seem to have a passing interest in hunting and shooting but a particular interest in expressing their political discontent and resentment in most nasty and personalised ways, and/or wish to explore the fringe ends of topics that have nothing to do with the forum's (former) core purpose. That "common interest and camaraderie" might suit some, but not me.

The Poster has only been on here for 5 weeks WTF

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by 35whelen View Post
    I ask where's the button because I have looked at all the "My profile settings" and other options, and for the life of me It appears that it's not possible to remove an account and delete MY profile?
    Just out of interest have any of you noticed that this sight records and tracks your every move ?
    Once they control what you hate! They'll interfere with the things you like and will reach across the table and take whatever they want.... I always leave a party while its fun and before the Drunks are too drunk and ruin the place...
    Have you noticed that at the first lockdown we were being encouraged to narc on our friends and neighbours....who needs a computer to track you...
    Dago likes this.

Banned
    Like everyone else you are entitled to your opinion.
    But that is all it is.your opinion

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post

Apparently not

Where abouts in the settings is the burn and delete my profile button...? I'm going to jettison the internet and go back to the 1970s living meat & Veg life style and writing with a pencil.....
    There is no ability for the user to delete their profile. A possibility which the creators of this site never apparently considered. I wonder why?
    Anyway, you've said bye bye so I wish you Bon Voyage and never expect to see another post from you on this site again, 'cos that would mean we just have another one trick Show Pony.

P.S. The first workable prototype of the Internet came in the late 1960s with the creation of ARPANET so to achieve Nirvana you will have to go back further than the 19070's ,,,,,,,I suggest the 1940's as so much was unavailable or rationed then your life would be really simple. i.e you would probably told what to do and not to do by the Government of the day .............something we seem to be heading back to.
    turtle likes this.

As one of the creators of this site, I would like to point out that:
    1. I have no idea whether or not it is possible for a user to delete their own account
    2. Any lack of ability to do so is entirely the result of incompetence on our part and complete lack of consideration of the idea rather than any malevolent intent
    3. I could literally not give less of a fuck about anything in the entire universe than I do about your movements or presence on this forum, we absolutely do not care or take notice in any way whatsoever
    4. The endless political pissing and moaning and paranoia is pathetic

northdude
    Get some pointers from stevo that will get you out of here... got a cell phone credit card eft pos card ird no face book etc you can be tracked to a certain extent from any of them...