Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Due Diligence.

Due Diligence.

As I am relatively new to this forum i'd like a bit of clarification. I have decided to buy a wirehaired Vizsla and would like to know about the gentleman I have decide to buy from. Are there any rules about using names or making such inquiries. In the light of internet scams etc. I would like to know that the guy I am supposed to buy from, is above board. I have no reason (at the moment) to doubt that he is anything but straight up but I feel that it never does any harm to find out for sure !
    hamsav and 2post like this.

send a PM to @kawhia......he seems to know which end barks from which end wags...... he will KNOW who to avoid ...
    Andygr likes this.

Thanks for that. I'll get on to it now.

We don't really have rules, except don't be a dick. The community generally decides what is acceptable. I might start proactively deleting all the bullshit political whining at some stage though

thanks for your concern about buying a dog, too many idiots out there selling inbred "puppy mill" dogs
    i hate animal cruelty, so lets be good about the purchase of dogs. mine was a rescue years back from a pretty abusive owner

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    I might start proactively deleting all the bullshit political whining at some stage though
    That'll be a job and a half....

Thanks to Mickey Duck and Kawhia. Not to mention the the rule to live by "Don't be a dick". I'm in the market for a decent indicating dog and definitely don't want to either get ripped off or support a puppy mill. I wholeheartedly agree with Gonetropo, Breeding dogs because you are into the breed is one thing but there are a lot of dicks out there who see a litter of a dozen pups mutiplied by $3000 each and just want to cash in.
    Micky Duck likes this.

If you're not sold on a
    papered viszla then occasionally a decent guy on here sells a pup from a litter. Usually very good mum and dad. Most guys are pretty trustworthy here too.
    jakewire likes this.

Went ahead with the purchase. Went to see the parents and (listened to the hunting stories of the owner) Parents have really nice happy, well mannered nature. Had the pup for just over a week now and he is shaping up the same. Silver lining of Lockdown is that I get a bit more time during the day to work with him. I've tried to post a photo but the "insert image" tab doesn't seem to work. Thanks for the advice gents !
    Tahr, veitnamcam, 6x47 and 7 others like this.
    If you have a garden and a library, you have all you need. Oh, and a dog, and a rifle

@Andygr sent these photos to me pleased to help.
    Name:  EE0B5CE6-B45D-4280-ABD1-6EF5EE8FDF60.jpeg
Views: 275
Size:  2.65 MB
    Name:  F6820BAD-FC43-4CD5-A960-FF3B6B3BFCF4.jpeg
Views: 259
Size:  2.68 MB
    Remember the 7 “P”s; Pryor Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

@Andygr Lovely pup mate ,for me l always look for depth & width in the chest with the nicely formed muscle all the way down the legs ,little live wire has it in spades .Busy time ahead keeping up with it & no shoe or sock will be safe for awhile

@2post Good Bastard award for helping out posting mate.
    jakewire and 2post like this.
    "Fair Winds and Following Seas" - Capt Ron You Glorious Bastard.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. " President Ronald Reagan

be toot a full ...those eyes melt a fellas soul.
    enjoy it all,to the full,chewed boots n all.

enjoy your pup they grow up all to soon

Thanks for the comments and @2post for the help. Hopefully I can learn how to attach photos. Maybe to show the wrecked gumboots and jandals !!
    2post likes this.
    If you have a garden and a library, you have all you need. Oh, and a dog, and a rifle

We look forward to the updates especially him standing over a deer in dense bush or running back to you with a duck held gently in his mouth. I’m sure we’ll get gum boots and jandals first.

Do we get to know his/her name?
    Remember the 7 “P”s; Pryor Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.