Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Missing commercial advertisers?

Missing commercial advertisers?

Does anyone else have only four commercial people come up in the Commercial section?

Just noticed it yesterday and want to look someone's up, but can't

WTF?.
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

same here

A quick search if I know the name usually brings up contact details

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Those advertisers currently paying are showing

Ok. Thanks for that.
    Thought I had a problem

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone

They'll be back

Yep - we are keen to come back but so far no admin has been able to provide us with an email address to send our advert to. Its been a while now. See our other thread when the admin did not respond to emails.
    http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.nz/f30/admin-12361/

We paid for advertising here which included a advert at the top of the page with the last cycle. We never got that part of the deal.

Perhaps someone running the advertising show might like to contact me personally so we can get things rolling. I dont want to pay for half a service like last time.

Cheers.

DPT
    I was told last night by one of the mods that they will let all of the commercial advertisers laps, then start fresh as things were not very well set up in the admin side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Digit View Post
    Yep - we are keen to come back but so far no admin has been able to provide us with an email address to send our advert to. Its been a while now. See our other thread when the admin did not respond to emails.
    http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.nz/f30/admin-12361/

We paid for advertising here which included a advert at the top of the page with the last cycle. We never got that part of the deal.

Perhaps someone running the advertising show might like to contact me personally so we can get things rolling. I dont want to pay for half a service like last time.

Cheers.
    There was a banner.. It expired 3 months ago on 13/12 as that's all you had paid for.

Nope. We haven't had a banner since mid last year.

Looking at the email trail from last year, this forum was having problems sorting advertising back then. To quote an email from 27/5/2013:

"Hi guys
    We have had a bit of a change around with the forums advertising and accounts etc Records etc have been lost and those that were dealing with it have moved on.

Can you please advise how you are/were paying up until now We will not be looking for any arrears should there be any, just to sort things out and progress on."

I paid the invoice for the banner and forum section from 21/6/2013. We never got the banner. We were never given the opportunity to provide a banner or update our banner with current marketing.

All I'm asking for is an email address to send our current banner to and the specs for the banner. Based on the past experience with advertising here, I'm reluctant to pay until I get the information requested as it seems this round of advertising is heading down the same path (for us at least) as the last one.

This reluctance to provide info is bizarre. Ive been approaching admins for the last couple of months now. Maybe some of the other advertisers can point me in the right direction?

The banner went up 13/6/13 - 2 days after receiving the confirmation from you for 6 months advertising
    The same banner that was displaying prior
    It expired automatically 6 months later, and has taken you a couple of months to notice.
    Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 500
Size:  11.9 KB

I'll point out that you received at least 3 months banner and section free last year
    And at least 2 months free section since the banner automatically expired this time round.
    The address you had contact with for the 1st lot and 2nd lot of advertising, hasnt changed, nor has it any contact from you since 11/6/13

Given your reluctance, perhaps you should flag the idea?

No. We havnt had a banner displayed since mid last year.

I tried contacting whoever is running the show via the email address that the invoice was posted from and havnt yet received a reply.

I will flag it. Too difficult to advertise here.

Rule #1...The customer is always right
    Rule #2...Should the customer be wrong, refer to rule #1

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    The banner went up 13/6/13 - 2 days after receiving the confirmation from you for 6 months advertising
    The same banner that was displaying prior
    It expired automatically 6 months later, and has taken you a couple of months to notice.
    Attachment 21610

I'll point out that you received at least 3 months banner and section free last year
    And at least 2 months free section since the banner automatically expired this time round.
    The address you had contact with for the 1st lot and 2nd lot of advertising, hasnt changed, nor has it any contact from you since 11/6/13

Given your reluctance, perhaps you should flag the idea?
    Spanners,
    Digit myself and at least one other ex paid advertiser has had issues with contact regarding advertising. my advert was up for a few months, maybe a year but I never paid for it even after multiple attempts to try and contact someone to send me a bill, even after confirmation from one of the mods id be getting a bill and it would be sorted out it never was so I gave up as I couldn't be bothered chasing a bill if no one was interested.
    About a month ago my ad was just pulled so again I contacted the email address on this forum with no reply, then contacted a mod directly, finally 3 weeks later from a mod I was told pretty much that the people that run the show are not getting paid for it, they are too busy hunting or whatever so when and if things are sorted out id be notified.

I can understand that people are busy and if they are not getting paid for it then its harder to put effort in but you would expect people wanting to financially support the forum should have at least some communication with who ever is running the show so they know what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Digit View Post
    No. We havnt had a banner displayed since mid last year.
    The moment we do a tidy up and turn the sections off for those that arnt current, you make contact.
    Nothing in the prior 6 months.. but only NOW you bring it up it wasnt there.

This along with the prior screen shot tells a completely different story in black and white.
    Name:  Capture2.PNG
Views: 354
Size:  9.2 KB

Name:  Capture3.PNG
Views: 383
Size:  4.4 KB
    This works - along with the address you have had prior contact in regards to advertising

Im simply not going to waste any more time with you discussing it.

I haven't seen a banner displayed since mid last year - Im here at least once a day and its the sort of thing thats obvious to me. Software glitch or moderator glitch who knows.

I tried contacting whoever is running the show several times. These contact attempts started within 1 day of us receiving the invoice - not as you stated above. Check your emails and you will see that - or is that another software/moderator glitch?

And as I said above - we will flag it. Too difficult to advertise here.

Thanks for the final word