Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Most Viewed Section

Most Viewed Section

Would I be correct in saying that the most viewed/most posted in section is Off Topic?

This is just a speaking my mind post, not really doing anything other than filling up cyber space, but I was just reading VC's thread on the politics no-reply idea and it got me thinking - why do we all come here? I reckon it's not only to learn, share hunting stories, but to be surrounded by like minded people.

I work part time at a vet and I can tell you the reception from my workmates considerably changed when they found out I hunt. One of the vet's husband is a hunter and she's probably my last 'friend' there! The reaction from friends of friends has mostly been negative. The forum is a cool place to just be yourself (I hope others are being themselves, not internet heros) and be accepted as a lover of the outdoors.

It's funny how writing about off-topic things is a popular option or maybe more of us need to get out more to gather information to do a write up in the magazine!!
    geezejonesy likes this.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    My most viewed section is "New Posts". I enter the forum, click into "New Posts", see who is talking about what, automatically exclude techo stuff (because I am as technical as the hole in a doughnut) and then just proceed to comment and whenever the opportunity arises, take the piss. Rushy is my alter ego. In real life I am a cross dressing budhist monk that has never even seen a rifle or a dead animal.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Rushy 'new posts' isn't a section as such, just the way you view posts from all the sections. And I think you will find that most of those posts are in the Off Topic section
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Just did a quick count of the new posts page (note not calling it a section now - quick learner). Of topic had 3 out of the 23 entries.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

What brings us here?? I dunno, it's a good place for a laugh but people don't get shitty. The buy sell doesn't get raped and we don't have a wot calibur question every three hours... What's not to like. And the pig hunters can swear like.. Well... Pig hunters

Like Rushy I just go through the new posts search.
    Would honeslty have no idea what section most of the posts are in.
    Dougie I'm surprised at your probs at the vet unless its an inner city "my moggie wouldn't hurt a fly let alone that tasty tui" cliental.
    My one is in a semi rural/lifestyl area and and my usual vet often asks if i've had any success when i'm in with cruze.
    Which reminds me, I need to book them in for their annual next week.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    Like Rushy I just go through the new posts search.
    Would honeslty have no idea what section most of the posts are in.
    Dougie I'm surprised at your probs at the vet unless its an inner city "my moggie wouldn't hurt a fly let alone that tasty tui" cliental.
    My one is in a semi rural/lifestyl area and and my usual vet often asks if i've had any success when i'm in with cruze.
    Which reminds me, I need to book them in for their annual next week.
    I don't talk to the clients, it's the staff that think I am a heartless, bloodthirsty killer who probably wants to strangle every animal in there to death!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    I don't talk to the clients, it's the staff that think I am a heartless, bloodthirsty killer who probably wants to strangle every animal in there to death!
    It's ok it's an as you do situation
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

+1 for new posts. If there's something I'm specifically looking for, I use search.

Banned
    I found this in neew posts
    Wirehunt, Dougie, Matt2308 and 1 others like this.

sounds like a townie vet clinic. i have had a bit to do with vet clinics in the country and find that the staff there never have a problem with other staff hunting. i like all critters, and often just sit and watch the deer going about their bizzo, without taking a shot. but hey if that freezer is getting low. bang!

Quote Originally Posted by sakokid View Post
    sounds like a townie vet clinic. i have had a bit to do with vet clinics in the country and find that the staff there never have a problem with other staff hunting.
    That's what I was tryingto say but failed
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

That Barefoot is the story of my life. Set a low standard and fail to achieve it.

Ha nah I got what you meant. I do live in Wellington remember! The main part of my job is taking things upstairs to the cattery.......because nobody there wants to walk up the stairs. Get my drift? PS if I ever get to that stage where stairs are in the too-hard-basket, please take me round the back and shoot me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    if I ever get to that stage where stairs are in the too-hard-basket, please take me round the back and shoot me.
    Hell Dougie, on that basis I would have been shot years ago.