Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Knives Africa Terminator


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Spanners
  • 1 Post By nzspearo

Thread: Password/Mobile view help

  1. #1
    Member nzspearo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    20

    Password/Mobile view help

    Hi

    I've been having problems logging in, and have managed to get my (default) password emailed to me, but when I log in I only get the mobile view, which means I can't access the option to change my password. Clicking on the 'full site' link doesn't do anything other than refresh the mobile view I have. Have tried this on ipad, phone and PC - same result - can't get the full site view and cant change my password.

  2. #2
    Member Cordite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    NZ Mainland
    Posts
    2,807
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspearo View Post
    Hi

    I've been having problems logging in, and have managed to get my (default) password emailed to me, but when I log in I only get the mobile view, which means I can't access the option to change my password. Clicking on the 'full site' link doesn't do anything other than refresh the mobile view I have. Have tried this on ipad, phone and PC - same result - can't get the full site view and cant change my password.
    Maybe use another browser? On my mobile phone I use Firefox as my browser, the upper right hand corner menu has an option to "show desktop site" or to that effect. I never use the mobile site.

  3. #3
    Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    W-BOP
    Posts
    5,023
    Look for "desktop version" down the bottom of the screen
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

  4. #4
    Member nzspearo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Look for "desktop version" down the bottom of the screen
    There is no "desktop version" to click on, just "full site", but that doesn't do anything.
    Have tried a couple of different browsers on PC with same result.

  5. #5
    Member Cordite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    NZ Mainland
    Posts
    2,807
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspearo View Post
    There is no "desktop version" to click on, just "full site", but that doesn't do anything.
    Have tried a couple of different browsers on PC with same result.
    Go to security / privacy settings in your browser, clear cache, cookies, passwords, everything you can clear. May sort it for you as one of the cookies may be storing your previous preferences and won't allow itself to be overridden.

    Anyway, did you find the drop down menu in upper right hand corner of Firefox android browser? In that area there are three dots in a vertical line, tap them once, select "Request Desktop Site" from the menu that appears.

  6. #6
    Member nzspearo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Go to security / privacy settings in your browser, clear cache, cookies, passwords, everything you can clear. May sort it for you as one of the cookies may be storing your previous preferences and won't allow itself to be overridden.

    Anyway, did you find the drop down menu in upper right hand corner of Firefox android browser? In that area there are three dots in a vertical line, tap them once, select "Request Desktop Site" from the menu that appears.
    Tried Firefox on my phone and found the menu option to “request desktop site”, but this just refreshed the mobile version. No matter which device or browser I use, I can see the desktop version until I log in, then I can’t get away from the mobile version. Not A huge deal (although the mobile version isn’t great), except with the mobile version I can’t change my password from the default one provided when I went through the lost password rigmarole.

  7. #7
    Member Cordite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    NZ Mainland
    Posts
    2,807
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspearo View Post
    Tried Firefox on my phone and found the menu option to “request desktop site”, but this just refreshed the mobile version. No matter which device or browser I use, I can see the desktop version until I log in, then I can’t get away from the mobile version. Not A huge deal (although the mobile version isn’t great), except with the mobile version I can’t change my password from the default one provided when I went through the lost password rigmarole.
    Did you clear your browser cache of everything and cookies?

  8. #8
    Member nzspearo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    Did you clear your browser cache of everything and cookies?
    Yes, have cleared cache/cookies/browsing history etc (both on PC and phone) and still have same result.

  9. #9
    Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    W-BOP
    Posts
    5,023
    @Admin or @jakewire might be able to help
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

  10. #10
    Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    6,047
    Fixed
    nzspearo likes this.

  11. #11
    Member nzspearo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    Fixed
    Thanks Spanners
    Spanners likes this.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Password help
    By sako75 in forum Questions, Comments, Suggestions, Testing.
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-06-2018, 07:09 AM
  2. mobile pop-up
    By GravelBen in forum Questions, Comments, Suggestions, Testing.
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 22-12-2015, 06:36 PM
  3. Mobile usability
    By Wirehunt in forum Questions, Comments, Suggestions, Testing.
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17-08-2015, 12:19 AM
  4. New Gadget Mobile
    By gadgetman in forum Outdoor Transport
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 08-05-2014, 12:52 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!