Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: PRICE INCREASE

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Kingcountry
    Posts
    1,479

    PRICE INCREASE

    Hasn't taken long for the sports retailers to start warning of price increases with the $ dropping, didn't see any price reductions when the $ was up in the 80's.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    650
    Yep. Noticed T3s up $100 as well as Sako A7s

  3. #3
    Member 300CALMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    NZISTAN
    Posts
    3,521
    We are being screwed again. Just wait until the turds in charge manage to apply GST and an inspection fee too all your imports.
    6mm ackley likes this.

  4. #4
    Terminator Products Kiwi Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    5,325
    Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Hasn't taken long for the sports retailers to start warning of price increases with the $ dropping, didn't see any price reductions when the $ was up in the 80's.
    Its pretty easy to work out, look at the US price divide it by 0.64 or 0.65, then chuck $20-60 USD on for freight. whack on GST at 15% + $40-50 for customs duties & then freight from the wholesaler & there you have it.

    That's assuming the Kiwi Wholesaler or Retailer can cope with the generally much smaller margins the Guys in the States work on & that's got a lot to do with volume, 319 million VS 4.5 million people, not that hard to do the Math...

    Yep we pay through the nose for some stuff for sure....

  5. #5
    Member 199p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palmerston North
    Posts
    3,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Its pretty easy to work out, look at the US price divide it by 0.64 or 0.65, then chuck $20-60 USD on for freight. whack on GST at 15% + $40-50 for customs duties & then freight from the wholesaler & there you have it.

    That's assuming the Kiwi Wholesaler or Retailer can cope with the generally much smaller margins the Guys in the States work on & that's got a lot to do with volume, 319 million VS 4.5 million people, not that hard to do the Math...

    Yep we pay through the nose for some stuff for sure....
    Yip somethings are over priced but thats the exception not the rule

    Costs a lot to get stuff into the country to sell on.
    Shitload cheaper to import personally.

  6. #6
    Terminator Products Kiwi Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    5,325
    Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    Yip somethings are over priced but thats the exception not the rule

    Costs a lot to get stuff into the country to sell on.
    Shitload cheaper to import personally.
    Yep for sure.

    A lot of stuff Guys just don't see or realise, Export permits, CC, brokers, Bio security, customs fees, etc etc, then the bloody dollar drops even more...

  7. #7
    Member 300CALMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    NZISTAN
    Posts
    3,521
    Yes but importing wholesale in bulk is always cheaper. Lots of small shops paying over bloated leases to greedy landlords doesn't help.
    199p and Tommy like this.

  8. #8
    Terminator Products Kiwi Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    5,325
    Quote Originally Posted by 300CALMAN View Post
    Yes but importing wholesale in bulk is always cheaper. Lots of small shops paying over bloated leases to greedy landlords doesn't help.
    No one NZ imports in bulk compared to Walmart etc in the States.

    Economies of scale.

    I recall the local Toyota Dealer telling me that one Toyota Franchise in California, Long beach IIRC, sold more Toyotas in a month than all of NZ, I thought , Yeah Rite....

    I drove past a Dealership in Escondido last year it was bloody enormous, couldn't believe my eyes....

  9. #9
    Member 199p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palmerston North
    Posts
    3,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post
    Yep for sure.

    A lot of stuff Guys just don't see or realise, Export permits, CC, brokers, Bio security, customs fees, etc etc, then the bloody dollar drops even more...
    Yeah mate
    I got these tshirts i import
    The last lot cost us about $3nz to purchase but by the time they got to the clothing rack they cost $16
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

  10. #10
    Terminator Products Kiwi Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    5,325
    Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    Yeah mate
    I got these tshirts i import
    The last lot cost us about $3nz to purchase but by the time they got to the clothing rack they cost $16
    Yep so by the time your sold them for $25 you were a robbing bustard.... well you would be if you sold 150 perday for three months......

  11. #11
    Member 199p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palmerston North
    Posts
    3,054
    Yip excatly
    They last for 3 months at $25
    Then drop to $20 for 3 months then drop to $15 then $16 where we loose $6 per tshirt
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

  12. #12
    Terminator Products Kiwi Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    5,325
    Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    Yip excatly
    They last for 3 months at $25
    Then drop to $20 for 3 months then drop to $15 then $16 where we loose $6 per tshirt
    Shit how do I get into Retail it sounds great, way better than manufacturing.......

  13. #13
    Member 199p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palmerston North
    Posts
    3,054
    Yeah mate thats the glamor side
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

  14. #14
    Member BRADS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Central Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    8,199
    Quote Originally Posted by 199p View Post
    Yeah mate thats the glamor side
    Must be so shit bro, how did the business ever buy that new truck
    199p, Savage1 and 300CALMAN like this.

  15. #15
    Member 199p's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Palmerston North
    Posts
    3,054
    Tax man mate
    Kiwi Greg and BRADS like this.
    Konus binoculars " The power to imagine"

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. RUC increase 1st July
    By Beetroot in forum Outdoor Transport
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-07-2015, 06:57 PM
  2. Best Price on .223
    By rs200nz in forum Reloading and Ballistics
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 02-03-2014, 09:06 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-10-2013, 08:33 PM
  4. The price of R.U.C
    By sniper80 in forum Outdoor Transport
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 10:29 PM
  5. Price increase
    By moonhunt in forum Varminting and Small Game Hunting
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 14-12-2011, 05:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!