Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Ryan
  • 2 Post By 40mm
  • 3 Post By Maca49

Thread: 2018: Waitangi Day

2018: Waitangi Day

I have never really commented on what most would regard as the advent of the country of New Zealand, solely because in my opinion the historical significance of the day has been superseded by its use as a political football.

I will say this. It is testament to the hard work and sacrifice of those that have gone before us, that we enjoy this fine piece of real estate today. Putting our mates before ourselves, standing up for what is right, not complaining about hardship and employing sheer grit are the core values which I feel, embody the New Zealander and make this country what it is.
    "I would rather suffer under imperfect freedom, than languish under perfect control".

I think its over, time to move on.
    Maca49 and bigbear like this.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I have never really commented on what most would regard as the advent of the country of New Zealand, solely because in my opinion the historical significance of the day has been superseded by its use as a political football.

I will say this. It is testament to the hard work and sacrifice of those that have gone before us, that we enjoy this fine piece of real estate today. Putting our mates before ourselves, not complaining about hardship and employing sheer grit are the core values which I feel, embody the New Zealander and make this country what it is.
    While itís all about the Maori and Waitangi and politicians, I have little interest! Except itís an awesome country with heaps of potential if it was freed from its chains!!
    Kiwi Greg, kidmac42 and bigbear like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough