Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 4x4 vans.

4x4 vans.

Anyone got one, I am seriously looking at a 2008-2012 hiace diesel 4x4, bit more than I had intended to spend, but there is bugger all around that I can find, other then 25 year old L300 and Toyota customs, and I am sick of fixing old cars both mine are 96-98.
    The 2008 plus vans are full time 4x4, any idea on extra fuel costs, and has anyone done a lift 2-3" 75 mm or so on one.
    Interested to here from those who have a 4x4 van,
    I want sum thing for tripping round the country, carry a bit of gear, and the ability to sleep in if nessasary, and capable of driving on, rough tracks, beach etc.
    Biggun708 likes this.

The new shape delica mitsi are around. Wv make a full time van as well. But the old Toyota is still the reference. I used to have a good little light ace 93 before someone smashed into it.

We have a '95 manual here and love it. Worked better as a quad on the farm than the Nissan Navara Ute.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by Friwi View Post
    The new shape delica mitsi are around. Wv make a full time van as well. But the old Toyota is still the reference. I used to have a good little light ace 93 before someone smashed into it.
    Mates got one of the new Mitzi's... Because there's f all aftermarket parts available a window winder cost him$700+++.. Kinda put me off..

Get a safari..Name:  IMG_20161104_191445.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  6.79 MB
    Munsey, stingray, Pengy and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggun708 View Post
    Get a safari..Attachment 79544
    Name:  IMG_7373.JPG
Views: 174
Size:  172.6 KB
    Or a Prado
    stingray, Pengy and Biggun708 like this.

Iv got a 1993 hiace, If you are prepared to wait for a good one then do so. It has hilux running gear, so can crump up and down mt cook all day.
    And when you buy a hiace, ill sell you one of my last two snorkels!
    Use enough gun

Old man has a hi ace custom can't recall year but know it's the 3.0l turbo manual. He is looking at replacing it wih a hilux so could be interested in selling it on. Pm if interested

I bought one of the new Mitsi delicas (2007) vans, they are based on the outlander platform. I put some dobisions 50mm lift springs in it and some bigger at tyres. It went alright off road, mainly around the south coast in wellington and beaches up the kapiti coast way. It did drink the fuel being a 2.4 petrol and shaped like a brick..
    Sold it a year ago and got a Prado..

I already have a Isuzu bighorn, and it's not got enough cargo space, so the other similar SUV, will be the same, just came back from ten days fishing, in Northland, and it was two small, with fishing gear, camping and coolers.
    Looked into the newer Mitzi delias, but ruled them out, as a don't want a gas van,
    Thanks for the info so far.

take a look at one of those roof tents for your suv instead.that way you can have a decent 4wd and can remove the tent unit when not needed which for most people would be 95% of the time and still gives you reasonable fuel economy.

Is towing a trailer an option? Seen a couple of small single axles set up for sleeping

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    Iv got a 1993 hiace, If you are prepared to wait for a good one then do so. It has hilux running gear, so can crump up and down mt cook all day.
    And when you buy a hiace, ill sell you one of my last two snorkels!
    Just violent when ya hit a drain a

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    199p likes this.

i have the supercustom 4x4 hiace its a good wagon but has very little ground clearance at the front
    Dont waste your time chasing every last fps, it doesnt matter in the real world, it wont make a difference, all it will do is cause head aches and frustrations. And dont listen to silly old cunts

When you find the unicorn can you trap the rest for us????
    It’s a hard road to find the perfect vehicle
    gadgetman and Biggun708 like this.