Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Absolutely stupid applied maths Rushy style

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River

Absolutely stupid applied maths Rushy style

Now anyone who has spent any time in my presence probably knows that I am definitely not a scholar and I will admit straight up that I am no maths genius but sitting here with nothing better to do than think up dumb shit, I wondered whether I could use some mathematics to help protect from harm the bunny loving, tree hugging, trendy lefty, rainbow snowflake people in our society that I so frequently malign because they are fuckwit tossers.

So I have applied Rushy mathematics relative to 50 deaths that brought about urgent legislative change that affects 250,000 firearms license holders to the three most common causes of death in New Zealand (not including self harm which was the second biggest cause of death) using the most recent statistics I could find which are for 2017. The three causes of death I will use are the number one cause (Ischemic Heart Disease), the number three cause (Lung Cancer) and the number four cause (Road Injuries).

There were 1026 deaths in 2017 caused by Ischemic Heart Disease. For simplicity I rounded that to 1000 which is 20 times more than fifty so I scaled up the 250,000 of us by twenty and get 5,000,000. That is the entire population of New Zealand. Ischemic Heart Disease is caused by fatty foods and high sugar content foods. I strongly suggest there is a case for the fuckwit tossers in society to seek urgent legislation to be passed to ban, KFC, MacDonalds, Burger King and Coca Cola.

There were 489 deaths in 2017 caused by Lung Cancer. For simplicity I rounded that to 500 which is 10 times more than fifty so I scaled up the 250,000 of us by ten and get 2,500,000. That is half our population but interestingly there are only 512,000 people in the country that are daily smokers. Lung Cancer is caused by cigarette smoking. It is absolutely fuck shit urgent that the fuckwit tossers in society demand immediate legislation to ban cigarettes right now.

There were 396 deaths on the road in 2017. For simplicity I rounded that to 400 which is 8 times more than fifty so I scaled up the 250,000 of us by eight to get 2,000,000. Now there are three million people that hold drivers licences so the scaled up two million only represents two thirds of that number. Road deaths though are undeniably caused by cars as they couldn’t occur without them. Whilst this is clearly less of an issue, I do think that the fuckwit tossers in society at least seek for prompt legislative change to ban two thirds of all makes and models of cars in the country and to make it easy for them I recommend that the cars to be banned are selected by the speed they can do.

There. Am I a helpful wee vegemite or what?
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

LBD
    You are 100 precent correct... your deductive reasoning is faultless.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    I am definitely not a scholar and I will admit straight up that I am no maths genius

Too much Waikato today young man
    Maca49 likes this.
    When hunting think safety first

That is irrefutable logic, my Vulcan friend. To make it simple, we'll just ban automatic cars... They are the most dangerous.
    Maca49 likes this.

Now anyone who has spent any time in my presence probably knows that I am definitely not a scholar and I will admit straight up that I am no maths genius but sitting here with nothing better to do than think up dumb shit, I wondered whether I could use some mathematics to help protect from harm the bunny loving, tree hugging, trendy lefty, rainbow snowflake people in our society that I so frequently malign because they are fuckwit tossers.

So I have applied Rushy mathematics relative to 50 deaths that brought about urgent legislative change that affects 250,000 firearms license holders to the three most common causes of death in New Zealand (not including self harm which was the second biggest cause of death) using the most recent statistics I could find which are for 2017. The three causes of death I will use are the number one cause (Ischemic Heart Disease), the number three cause (Lung Cancer) and the number four cause (Road Injuries).

There were 1026 deaths in 2017 caused by Ischemic Heart Disease. For simplicity I rounded that to 1000 which is 20 times more than fifty so I scaled up the 250,000 of us by twenty and get 5,000,000. That is the entire population of New Zealand. Ischemic Heart Disease is caused by fatty foods and high sugar content foods. I strongly suggest there is a case for the fuckwit tossers in society to seek urgent legislation to be passed to ban, KFC, MacDonalds, Burger King and Coca Cola.

There were 489 deaths in 2017 caused by Lung Cancer. For simplicity I rounded that to 500 which is 10 times more than fifty so I scaled up the 250,000 of us by ten and get 2,500,000. That is half our population but interestingly there are only 512,000 people in the country that are daily smokers. Lung Cancer is caused by cigarette smoking. It is absolutely fuck shit urgent that the fuckwit tossers in society demand immediate legislation to ban cigarettes right now.

There were 396 deaths on the road in 2017. For simplicity I rounded that to 400 which is 8 times more than fifty so I scaled up the 250,000 of us by eight to get 2,000,000. Now there are three million people that hold drivers licences so the scaled up two million only represents two thirds of that number. Road deaths though are undeniably caused by cars as they couldn’t occur without them. Whilst this is clearly less of an issue, I do think that the fuckwit tossers in society at least seek for prompt legislative change to ban two thirds of all makes and models of cars in the country and to make it easy for them I recommend that the cars to be banned are selected by the speed they can do.

There. Am I a helpful wee vegemite or what?
    Fucking minister of numerals and toast @Rushy
    Gibo likes this.
    Use enough gun

Funny as this is comrade @Rushy, it is so so true. Are the stats you quote accurate? Where did you get the numbers from mate?
    Use enough gun

Unfortunately you have missed an essential part of the equation. You made the sad (but understandable) mistake of applying logic. What we have is 50 people killed by a foreign terrorist, for which the obvious conclusion is to ban all centrefire semi-auto rifles from the local population. We are not banning ALL rifles, and no handguns at all (because no one would ever dream of using an easily concealed firearm for nefarious purposes). Obviously having just remembered Anzac day no could recall any mass fatalities from bolt-action rifles, so no need to ban them. So, we need to change your suggestions to fit the new paradigm;

All these are foreign-based chains. The precedent set is a foreigner causes the problem, but the punishment is applied to the locals. I suggest instead of this option we ban any local fish and chip shop not associated with any franchise!

Problem solved.

Bows.
    keneff and sightpicture like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 40mm View Post
    Are the stats you quote accurate? Where did you get the numbers from mate?
    As best as I can determine. Source for the numbers was The Istitute for Health Metrics Evaluation.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

I strongly suggest there is a case for the fuckwit tossers in society to seek urgent legislation to be passed to ban, KFC, MacDonalds, Burger King and Coca Cola.
    Mention this again, and I'll go after your supplies of Waikato, ya helpful wee vegemite, ya.

Is nothing sacred??
    Maca49 likes this.
    RIP Garry S. 23/08/19

I hope you havnt got the attitude of they aren't banning Waikato so I don't give a shit about the rest of you

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    I hope you havnt got the attitude of they aren't banning Waikato so I don't give a shit about the rest of you
    If they ever banned Waikato I would cut my wrists with a blunt spoon.
    keneff and A330driver like this.

If that stuff comes in 50L drums then I sure hope they do, for the sake of humanity!
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Waimata View Post
    Unfortunately you have missed an essential part of the equation. You made the sad (but understandable) mistake of applying logic. What we have is 50 people killed by a foreign terrorist, for which the obvious conclusion is to ban all centrefire semi-auto rifles from the local population. We are not banning ALL rifles, and no handguns at all (because no one would ever dream of using an easily concealed firearm for nefarious purposes). Obviously having just remembered Anzac day no could recall any mass fatalities from bolt-action rifles, so no need to ban them. So, we need to change your suggestions to fit the new paradigm;

All these are foreign-based chains. The precedent set is a foreigner causes the problem, but the punishment is applied to the locals. I suggest instead of this option we ban any local fish and chip shop not associated with any franchise!

Problem solved.

Bows.
    on ya Ben.

even tho some of us don't like it we would stand with you

THIS POST NEEDS TO BE REMOVED NOW!!!!!
    If it gets in the wrong hands we are all doomed.

Imagine the cost off a car buy back?
    timattalon, keneff and Cordite like this.