Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By stug
  • 1 Post By kiwijames

Thread: accounting software

  1. #1
    GSP Mad Munsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    5,229

    accounting software

    advice needed for a simple software package that i can use for quotes, invoicing ,orders etc . Also needs to be mac friendly
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  2. #2
    Member stug's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oxford, Canterbury
    Posts
    3,502
    This is the one I use Create Invoices, Estimates & Orders with Express Invoice . I use the free version, seems to have a mac version not sure if it is free though.
    Munsey likes this.

  3. #3
    Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    6,434
    We use Simpro. Unsure of cost but it is great for quoting plus job management. Manages job from quote - job - invoice.
    App for tablet and phone so will push time and parts etc straight to the job from the ute.
    Will generates purchase orders against jobs so no losing packing slips etc that get lost and don't make the job.
    Take photos to attach to job/invoice from phone/tablet.
    Can make customer sign for work done so no disputes come invoice time if they're that sort.
    Munsey likes this.

  4. #4
    GSP Mad Munsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    5,229
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    We use Simpro. Unsure of cost but it is great for quoting plus job management. Manages job from quote - job - invoice.
    App for tablet and phone so will push time and parts etc straight to the job from the ute.
    Will generates purchase orders against jobs so no losing packing slips etc that get lost and don't make the job.
    Take photos to attach to job/invoice from phone/tablet.
    Can make customer sign for work done so no disputes come invoice time if they're that sort.
    Sounds like what I'm looking for , thanks will look into it
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  5. #5
    Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    6,434
    Used another one called GeoOp. Kiwi outfit. Was quite good for time management but I did not see the admin side. Unsure if it was good for invoicing. Don't think it had a quote interface.

    Simpro is very quick to quote with. We have our suppliers load their catalogs into it so I don't need to get a quote on every item I quote, just click click click on the parts, add labour and other misc cost and bamo quote done. Can push it straight out as an email too.

  6. #6
    GSP Mad Munsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    5,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    Sounds like what I'm looking for , thanks will look into it
    $69 plus $29 for mobile per mth . shit they not cheep
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  7. #7
    GSP Mad Munsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    5,229
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Used another one called GeoOp. Kiwi outfit. Was quite good for time management but I did not see the admin side. Unsure if it was good for invoicing. Don't think it had a quote interface.

    Simpro is very quick to quote with. We have our suppliers load their catalogs into it so I don't need to get a quote on every item I quote, just click click click on the parts, add labour and other misc cost and bamo quote done. Can push it straight out as an email too.
    thats pretty much exactly whats needed .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

  8. #8
    Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hawkes Bay
    Posts
    6,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Munsey View Post
    thats pretty much exactly whats needed .
    You do need to get your supplier on side to do the legwork on digital catalog as its a bit of work for them (unless they already have it done).

  9. #9
    GSP Mad Munsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    5,229
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    You do need to get your supplier on side to do the legwork on digital catalog as its a bit of work for them (unless they already have it done).
    will do some home work .
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Software Developer / Consultant Job
    By Hendrik470 in forum Buy, Sell or Swap
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 19-03-2014, 08:14 PM
  2. Mapping software - what is currently considered best?
    By Proudkiwi in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-01-2014, 08:05 PM
  3. Free Adobe software!
    By Ryan in forum Off topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2013, 05:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!