Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: All Blacks

R93

All Blacks

I was sure the boys would improve on last week and win, but not like that. Awesome to watch.
    Some regular starters will/may be worried about selection come August.
    Aaron Smith is a dream to watch. Conrad is as solid as ever. Definitely no WC hangover in this team.
    Watched it with 2 orish blokes that were as quiet as I have seen them. All week they were moaning about how the ref and rub of the green robbed them.
    I kept telling them the AB's would send them home with a 25 point hideing. There was no way it could happen and they were adamant it would be the week for them too finally win. Poor dumb buggers.
    Last edited by R93; 24-06-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    It was a pearler of a game (in fact a great AB victory) with the young blood doing really well. I do have to say though that although he is a machine, I am starting to worry at the number of knock on's that Ritchie has made in the last little while.

I really enjoyed it, not so much for the score line but as above watching new combinations and the way Cruden played with Sonny Bill , marvellous.
    Never gave him much cop [SBW] early in his tenure, maybe all the hype ,but must admit now he has alot to his game.
    Plenty of others worthy of mentioning as well,Waikato boys in general went really well. Interesting now for the selectors come championship time.
    Last edited by jakewire; 24-06-2012 at 04:40 PM.

I watched it for the 3rd week in a row with my AB's shirt on - yes I'm a Paddy but I choose to live here so I support the locals, and anybody playing the Wallabies :p

Last week I thought the Irish deserved a win simply because they played better on the night, but like Stu#71, they blew their load too early and put all their efforts into one game. This week the AB's showed why they are world champs. Strength of Mind, squad depth and raw talent came through. Good coaching to put combinations together that would know where each other was running and it showed. Might have been an even bigger hiding if Cruden had stayed on. Barrett was unlucky to miss his kicks. Inspired choice to play Sir Richie at 8, and put the Chiefs loosies on the field.

As for the backs - Conrad deserves his place, SBW proved he can be devastating if he's given the right ball and space, but still can't understand why Robbie Fruen isn't in the squad. Nonu doesn't deserve his place and neither does fatboy at 9.

Great game to watch with some excellent new blood on show. Sam Cane had an outstanding debut. That display of rugby by the AB's was one of the reasons they hold the position they do. Well done men.

Von Gruff.

Robbies to prone to going missing mid game and Piri is better then Ellis by a healthy margin. Ellis is just too slow from the base of a ruck with his two steps pump the ball and pass.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint Ruin View Post
    Robbies to prone to going missing mid game and Piri is better then Ellis by a healthy margin. Ellis is just too slow from the base of a ruck with his two steps pump the ball and pass.
    A fit weepu I have no problem with. Ellis although weak in areas you have pointed out has played better in the S15. But if I really knew what I was talking about I would be in the coaches box I reckon Fruen will get a run this season.