Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Terminator

User Tag List

Like Tree267Likes

Thread: All Blacks

Irish vs Aussie game is better so far , Anyone watching?
    Tahr likes this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

R93
    Yeah but I don't think it is better match.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Just got home from Eden park watched the game live as i do most tests in Auckland
    The 1st half my opinion we looked quite rusty I think France played reasonable not as good as I know they can but it was in my opinion a even match I thought we would probably get the win but not by much
    2nd half the all blacks switched on and France just didn’t have answer

A couple of streakers bit of a laugh one just as we got the runaway try it was actually touched down right next to him on the ground Wrestling with the security guards but they probably don’t show that on TV lol and one about 20seconds later as the kick was lined up

Irish looked berift of ideas other than chip and chase or batter through, disappointing game over all I thought.

Yeah mate...totally agree...I reckon the big difference was the ability of the ABs to change gears,up the tempo and get a plan working......the oz game,boring,and the same ol,same ol

Quote Originally Posted by nor-west View Post
    Irish looked berift of ideas other than chip and chase or batter through, disappointing game over all I thought.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

I suppose it was good to hit the ground running and despite this rest and rotation talk some years back they truely have depth in key positions ie 1, 3, 8, 10, 12, 13 and 14 and 15.
    That’s what I took out of last nights game and it was great to see another new AB kickstart his run in fine form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    R93 likes this.
    Dan M

I agree the French were duded with that yellow, but I still reckon it was coming. Considering that they are meant to have the best defence in the world, They leaked 2 tries in quick succession. a lot of other teams (yes even aussie) don't just do that.
    I still reckon it was coming though. Once they stopped making mistakes it was all on.
    Mckenzie certainly made the best of his chances but all the reserves did really even the new prop.
    Good to see a bit of emotion there.
    Danny likes this.

There were certainly bad calls re the yellow and then the Cane/ prop non yellow. Not consistent at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dan M

Yeah didn't watch it all until today Aussie deserved it's win, was abit boring overall though
    Have jut watched the Yarpies and poms
    Great come back by the South African's. Poms good at the start then finish
    A330driver likes this.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

This is a message from a mate of mine ,who knows eddy quite well.....and interesting take on how he coaches the POMS

I said it 18 months ago that Eddie will be lucky to stay on till next World Cup, & if he does the axe will drop soon unless some miraculous win.

He’s not a nice guy when it comes to people managing. He’s HUGE on psych assessments & matrix’s. For example he installed dozens of cameras around the pitch & facilities where England train & has a team of psychologists to monitor, assess player body language as they arrive for training, during & after, as they pack up to leave.... He has “Player Wellness Scores” & gets a hard on when the psych dickheads give him a big score.

Stories of Japanese players hiding beneath tables when he entered the room because of his aggressive ways.

I’ve a good mate who played a bit with him way back when at Randwick. His brother Tim Kelaher placed 15-20 tests after replacing Marty Roebuck back early 90’s....

Shit like that has a use-by date at Rugby clubs.
    Danny likes this.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

@A330driver I've read/heard this recently too. He seems to have a shelf life and it started coming up just as they started losing.
    I think it was some of the poms who'd retired since he took over but cant quite remember the details. Something about extremely hard training programs and burnout from the players?
    Could've been from some of his other teams.
    What he does works initially if its needed but its a bit like a diet-unless you can keep it up permanently you slip back again.
    Danny likes this.

I believe a big buy in to the culture of that particular team has a a lot to do with getting the best out of your players.
    I'm from Chiefs country and they have a "culture" that fits particular players, it makes "fat ex bouncers" play like All Blacks, guys get called up and lift to the level.
    Crusaders struggled under blackadder for the talent there, Razor brought in something new. Unstoppable.
    Hammett at the hurricanes ... need i say more.

The All Blacks culture has grown to what it is over a long period of time, other teams around the world have copied several aspects of it. ie. Senior players cleaning up changing room, breathing a focus techniques, i would love to be a fly on the wall during the all blacks season.

Eddies regime might of seemed new and tough and got results. But as you say the "use-by date" on that in this day and age will turn players against him and the desire to play for him.
    Danny, A330driver and csmiffy like this.

@Projects you see the different culture between the AB's and the aussie all the time.
    Example: several years ago there was a situation where there where inappropriate txts sent by Kurtley Beale to one of their female management staff.
    It wasn't the first time she was involved in a situation. Anyway once it was disclosed she had to leave her job and when they went to stand Beale down that little twat Hooper stood up at a press conference and his word were very close to "look Kurtley's a nice guy, he's alright don't chuck him out". I don't think they did
    In roughly the same time period, one of our players missed the plane to Argentina for some reason.
    He was dropped for the test, and I think a couple after. Mccaws response at the press conference was that yes he stuffed up, he's been stood down-next question please?
    Polar opposites -players before the team and vice-versa.
    Projects likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by csmiffy View Post
    @Projects you see the different culture between the AB's and the aussie all the time.
    Example: several years ago there was a situation where there where inappropriate txts sent by Kurtley Beale to one of their female management staff.
    It wasn't the first time she was involved in a situation. Anyway once it was disclosed she had to leave her job and when they went to stand Beale down that little twat Hooper stood up at a press conference and his word were very close to "look Kurtley's a nice guy, he's alright don't chuck him out". I don't think they did
    In roughly the same time period, one of our players missed the plane to Argentina for some reason.
    He was dropped for the test, and I think a couple after. Mccaws response at the press conference was that yes he stuffed up, he's been stood down-next question please?
    Polar opposites -players before the team and vice-versa.
    Totally, been evident since Robbie Deans met his demise under the hand of the ACT players revolution.
    Even the Crusaders (back then up to 14 ABs in the team) had any say in anything unless it was ticked off by Robbie and Wayne Smith...
    Dan M

Old eddie went from world beaters who were champing at the bit to smash the AB's to losing 5 games in a row and almost a 6th to wales.
    They may have been in a purple patch and we could've been stretched if we played that game at Twickenham that England were trying to sort last year, but I reckon the wheels have well and truly fallen of the cart.
    If anything they are at least as good as they were before the last world cup and maybe just as bad.