Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree209Likes

Thread: All is not lost: Guns Banned but Sex Crimes are now OK

All is not lost: Guns Banned but Sex Crimes are now OK

Under this Govt you are a criminal if you own a semi auto and loose your guns but if you want to commit at sexual offence that will be brushed under the carpet. Listening to Mike Hoskin interview the PM this morning regarding the alleged (but pretty much a given) sexual offending at the 2018 Labour Party Camp.
    PM ducking and diving and not happy. I almost get the feeling that she is over being PM.
    Hypocrisy at its best
    tetawa, Maca49, chainsaw and 5 others like this.
    'Bother' said Pooh, as he chambered another round ... Wong Far King Way

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    I am certainly over her. I have never met her and I have no desire to. She puts the Con in condescending. The only heart I take from that is if I break the word condescending down I get Bullshit Artist going down. I’m happy with that. Ha ha ha ha
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

UMô
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out." -

Everything she touches turns to custard. As for what her staffers touch...
    Moa Hunter, 40mm and svt40 like this.

basking in the media spotlight is wearing a bit thin i guess

No integrity. If she was to fit the persona she has created she should be cleaning house. Her mixed loyalties and dishwater morality are showing.

Sent from my CPH1701 using Tapatalk
    The last Boy Scout

This is what happens when your surrounded by experts but go with your gut instincts
    A330driver, norsk, Cordite and 1 others like this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

A turkey was chatting with a bull. "I would love to be able to get to the top of that tree," sighed the turkey, "but I haven't got the energy.

"Well, why don't you nibble on some of my droppings?" replied the bull. "They're packed with nutrients."

The turkey pecked at a lump of dung and found that it actually gave him enough strength to reach the first branch of the tree.

The next day, after eating some more dung, he reached the second branch.

Finally after a fourth night, there he was proudly perched at the top of the tree.

Soon he was promptly spotted by a farmer, who shot the turkey out of the tree.

Moral of the story:

Bullshit might get you to the top, but it won't keep you there.
    I'm drawn to the mountains and the bush, it's where life is clear, where the world makes the most sense.

Might be a good time as any as a reminder, here is the latest update from ACT, that's if you have had enough of the current lot.

Update
    Thank you for signing up to ACT’s campaign for Fair Firearm Laws. In the first month, we’ve had over two thousand people sign up to the campaign. To some that won’t sound like a lot, but it’s more than enough to make a big noise next year and get more ACT MPs into Parliament to change the firearm laws.

Reasonable Media Coverage
    Nope. This is not a flying pig moment. Every now and then a journalist just tells the public what is happening without marinating their commentary in snark and prejudice. One of those examples is Newstalk ZB simply reporting what David Seymour has said about the ‘buy-back’ scheme.

What’s It About?
    David was making the very simple point that if six months is the right amount of time for a ‘buy-back’ then it should be six months from when the rules were finalised. At the current run rate, the ‘buy-back’ will be such a failure it will make KiwiBuild look successful.

The Numbers Don’t Lie
    The number of firearms handed in (about 17,000 out of an estimated 240,000) is pathetic, but things are actually worse. As the Minister of Justice admitted in Parliament, this number includes ‘amnesty’ firearms, so the number of actual prohibited firearms is less. The Government wants to give the impression that the ‘buy-back’ only targets ‘big scary black guns’, e.g. the AR-15 style rifles that are critical to shooting sports such as 3-gun. Given the average pay-out is about $1300 per firearm, it’s clear they aren’t confiscating many of those. Instead, the firearms community is losing a whole raft of firearms, including semi-automatics with a fixed limited capacity, and of course many non-semi-automatics.

Earth to Stuart
    We wrote the letter at the bottom of this email to Stuart Nash in April. (We haven't had a response.) We asked him why the Government has banned rifles with integrated tubular magazines. They are not dangerous, but many have a tube holding two more rounds than the legislated limit. A lot of cherished firearms are (supposed to be) handed in at the taxpayer’s expense for little benefit.

Asking the Hard Questions
    Andrew Little answered questions about firearms laws by telling David Seymour he is not invited to Stuart Nash’s birthday. Yes, these are adults who are paid to make laws. If you wonder why David is not invited, the Government’s inability to answer his questions tells you why.

A Popular Video
    Mike Loder is a living treasure. Not only does he have a great voice and great humour, but a penetrating knowledge of firearm law. He joined ACT’s podcast Politics in Full Sentences and gave great insights. You can watch it here or subscribe to the audio here.

If You Don’t Like Rushed Legislation…
    Don’t vote for it. We are in awe of the National Party’s moral flexibility. After only five months, they have forgotten they voted for the Arms Amendment Act that made the ‘buy-back’ necessary and have started criticising it. We can only hope that the voters who were insulted by the Government’s brazenness and betrayed by National’s cowardice have longer memories.
    What You Can Do
    There is a lot of material in this email. If you like it, please share the whole email or specific links via your channels. You are a more powerful political persuader of your friends than any politician. Please encourage them to sign up to the campaign here.

Events
    David Seymour spoke to the NZDA AGM in Wellington last month. Two weeks ago, he spoke to the Oamaru Deerstalkers, and this Thursday he is talking to the Upper Hutt Deerstalkers. If you’d like David to visit any organisation you’re part of, please drop him a line at David.Seymour@parliament.govt.nz.

Firearms Policy Contact
    If you’d like to talk technical turkey about firearms with ACT, Dr James McDowall is the Party’s Central North Island Board member and a member of the Hamilton Pistol Club. James led the team that developed ACT’s new firearms policy in the wake of April’s Arms Amendment Act. You can contact him via james.mcdowall@act.org.nz.
    JoshC, northdude, chainsaw and 8 others like this.

What troubles me with the Labour party is that leadership is being blatantly dishonest. Specifically, they have tried to cover up the alleged sexual assault of the young member by another of their gang and further, have conveniently arranged to have the Waitawheta Camp investigations effectively quashed by reducing the charge and securing admission of a lesser offence. Accepted, that this plea bargaining is not uncommon in the criminal world (admit three burglaries and we will drop the car conversion), the fact that both the above examples are sexually orientated, and basically covered up by the party that is meant to be leading this country is abhorrent. If it we me or you, and not those who have the power to redirect, then we would be dealt to within the full power of the law. Totally disgusting and unacceptable!
    tetawa, stingray, Maca49 and 7 others like this.

need all these facts to be printed in a large article in the newspapers and also have a real journalist report it on tv to get the sheeple to actually start to wonder about things.
    xtightg likes this.

I love how the me too movement just evaporates when the sex crimes are own goals.
    Bill999, stingray, Ozzy and 6 others like this.
    The last Boy Scout

How does that dreadful pop song go "we're on the road to nowhere..........'
    duh cindy your labour party president is richard wagstaff ex pres of PSA
    any enquiries into this have bee wagstaff and selected persons of labours executive council

you were bloody quick to punish legal firearms owners (innocent as driven snow)when a mongrel aussie slaughtered innocents at prayer,yet you continually deny any knowledge of a sexual predator in your own back yard indeed your own back porch.
    sorry cindy one word
    HYPOCRITE!

Apparently the kids arse was a resource the party felt needed re-distributed.
    300winmag likes this.
    The last Boy Scout

hash tag me too...... # used to be the symbol for a pound lol