Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: am I deserving of symapthy?

Impure Lead Flinger

am I deserving of symapthy?

So here I was the big bad Double B hooning round brunner in my jetboat todae...

After a good blat I decided to give it a wee tune ie idle and sandtrap and drain fuel bowl... So opening both fuel taps for each tank and forgetting to do up one after I finished (sucks air with both open) I was hooning along WOT chasing a young mr swan and the ole boat went put put POP!!!! Oh no id sucked up air!!!!!!

Now this is a bastard of a situation in my boat with the ole tank half full... And she was hot as all hell from 10mins WOT!!!

So away I went trying to bleed the bitch through after closing the second fuel tap and letting off a particular hose an a fiar bitta winding over I eventually got it to pop into life... Then die!!!!! So off with the hose into the ejector system and POOF!!! Face full and eye full of fuel, the bastard was under high pressure!!!! Oh well last bitta air was out so I hit the starter and KABOOM!!! My bloody $25000 baby burst into flames OMFG!!!!! So I dived under the seat and out with the extinguesher and let fly with the whole can...... Thank god it put it out, but wat a fukn messs!!!!!!

So after limping back to the ramp and spending all arvo cleaning the bugga shes no worse for wear thank god.... Best $40 I ever spent that extinguisher... But I emptyed my bowels that well I doubt ill need a shit for a week

So lesson learnt I suppose......
    Dignity destroyed

k n o b

Very handy things those extinguishers dry powders make a bloody mess eh.

I had it once on my ski heading up the Appleby threw a tight turn at around 70mph my buoyancy aid caught the dead man lanyard and killed motor mid turn. Result very scary trip shore side.

Reinforced the make sure the motor will always go thing for me.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Of course your are Adam you poor bugga. Now that I know you have a jet boat. I always loved to fish Brunner and always wanted to try in a boat.

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    Of course your are Adam you poor bugga. Now that I know you have a jet boat. I always loved to fish Brunner and always wanted to try in a boat.
    Always welcome at this wee gem of a holiday destination, wee james

Thats one hell of a day . I bet youll remember and tell people about that for a long time ...
    pleased alls good . Symapthy NO. Blond YES ...

no
    Rules are for the obedience of fools
    and the guidance of wise men” Sir Douglas Bader.

AB Precision
    haha if i was there i woulda been over an into the drink

but would have drowned after laughing so hard at you getting face full of fuel, it fair stings the eyes

Impure Lead Flinger
    Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    haha if i was there i woulda been over an into the drink

but would have drowned after laughing so hard at you getting face full of fuel, it fair stings the eyes
    Trust me u forget bout eye sting wen ur boats bursting in flames lol

R93
    You can leave your cooker at home when we do that trip in to sika country. Your not allowed near anything that can go poof!

Caretaker
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    You can leave your cooker at home when we do that trip in to sika country. Your not allowed near anything that can go poof!
    Man theres at least two really good jokes there.........
    Spanners and sako75 like this.

I guess that includes the wood burner at the hut as well

Bob glad to hear you came out in one piece could have been worse, I would not wish that on my worst enemy so yep you got my sympathy.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mmsaum View Post
    Man theres at least two really good jokes there.........

I intentionally left it open 7mm, joke away. It is good to see your all good BB as .308 says it could of been a heap worse.

Impure Lead Flinger
    I intentionally left it open 7mm, joke away. It is good to see your all good BB as .308 says it could of been a heap worse.
    OMG yes Ive seen em go up in smoke too and had a wee 4 year old in boat in the middle of the lake and he had an ill fitting life jacket....

Not a good look for a guy with MEC5 and a NZOM unlimeted LMFAO

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    LOL I did something similar yesterday but with lube oil (thank fuck it was only 65 deg), pulled plug out while pump was still running - they heard me yelling upstairs and over the noise of another engine running; result = BIG mess top to toe on me and across 1/2 the engine room, sticking your finger over the hole does bugger all.. I'm sure they didnt teach me that in MEC1 LOL

I've had a fire on a racecar before - started from a bad earth strap not grounding and arc across the engine mount.. dry powder makes a BIG mess and tastes like shit!