Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree21Likes
  • 8 Post By time out
  • 2 Post By DavidGunn
  • 3 Post By gadgetman
  • 1 Post By DavidGunn
  • 1 Post By DavidGunn
  • 1 Post By Sideshow
  • 1 Post By Maca49
  • 1 Post By Maca49
  • 1 Post By Mauser308
  • 2 Post By kotuku

Thread: The annual WOF

The annual WOF

Birthday last week - reminds me to get a WOF
    I used to have a male GP - but he has shifted to the other side of the city to start a new practice
    Half hour appointment today with my new GP for full check over - she is a lovely lady and has short finger nails!
    She looked me up and down and said - great to see someone who looks healthy!
    Covered all the current issues - ok strip off and on the bed - pull over the blanket - she went over me with a fine tooth comb and a bright light magnifying device - pushed and prodded round my gut - ok - on your side and open wide - seems ok but letís check the new PSA figures
    Blood tests tomorrow to check a variety of issues - PSA, Cholesterol etc, etc
    Referred me for a colonoscopy - my BinLaw thought he had a hernia - then found he had colon cancer and it was all through him - 3 months to live
    Back to see her next week
    At my age its worth spending a few bucks on a WOF and other tests - the rectal examination is no problem - just get on and do it!

When it comes to rectal examinations I look at their nostrils rather than their fingers to give me some idea what I am in for.
    Brakelie and Cyclops like this.

Yep, about the only way to actually die of embarrassment is being too embarrassed to get checked over.
    Tahr, Maca49 and Finnwolf like this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Yep, about the only way to actually die of embarrassment is being too embarrassed to get checked over.
    The rectal examination is only as good as the person doing it...they don't skite as to how good they are...and we never question them.
    gadgetman likes this.

the engineers at work reckon they do their own - no gloves allowed.

I believe them......
    Cats have nine lives-which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    the engineers at work reckon they do their own - no gloves allowed.

I believe them......
    When you feel a hand on each shoulder and still being probed and ask WTF...they reply "just going for a second opinion"
    40mm likes this.

Thus it starts
    40mm likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Going tomorrow, anybody got a persistent dry cough keeping them awake? Geeze last night was a bugger! So off to have it checked and get my bloods done and a fill up of pills for the medicine cabinet. Three monthly for me
    time out likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by time out View Post
    Birthday last week - reminds me to get a WOF
    I used to have a male GP - but he has shifted to the other side of the city to start a new practice
    Half hour appointment today with my new GP for full check over - she is a lovely lady and has short finger nails!
    She looked me up and down and said - great to see someone who looks healthy!
    Covered all the current issues - ok strip off and on the bed - pull over the blanket - she went over me with a fine tooth comb and a bright light magnifying device - pushed and prodded round my gut - ok - on your side and open wide - seems ok but let’s check the new PSA figures
    Blood tests tomorrow to check a variety of issues - PSA, Cholesterol etc, etc
    Referred me for a colonoscopy - my BinLaw thought he had a hernia - then found he had colon cancer and it was all through him - 3 months to live
    Back to see her next week
    At my age its worth spending a few bucks on a WOF and other tests - the rectal examination is no problem - just get on and do it!
    Sensible young fella!!
    time out likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Going tomorrow, anybody got a persistent dry cough keeping them awake?
    Yep, although just had the second MMR jab as they couldn't find evidence of me ever having it done. Cheaper to smack another pair in than test for the presence of antibodies...

I've been getting a fair biot of screening done over the last year, finally gotten on top of things now so looking up and good to get things sorted and turned around before the ol health slides. Interesting to see that the first questions include a carefully worded 'how are you doing in yourself' type jobbie - good to see they are finally asking that as an initial rather than 50 visits later. Same the next line was which pills would I like from brochure page 3...
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    oh no its not it when you hear one finger or two my dear??

macca ...you been exposed to this bastard flu recently or been in proximity.despite nursing and bloody vaccinating ,didnt get a shot myself (as ive done in past)and boy did i get nailed.fuck me for a week i creaked groaned and coughed like a chainsmoking cadaver. mentally lower than the kermadec trench.
    reluctantly took meself off to GP -verging on pneummonia but she charted a course of top shelf A/Bs,tho she warned me the residual couch and throat could take 6weeks to settle.
    anyhow self started my former antidepressants and must say Im lookin up but goin through throaties like shit through a goose.
    coughin up lumps of shit like used bog at times!
    cheer up old son -60fucking 5 next month i go on the pension. gadgetman -you are offically altar boy at my 65 th stand by for the invite!
    gadgetman and time out like this.