Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stumpy

Thread: Another Nigerian Scam???

Another Nigerian Scam???

Received this email over the weekend, while I could do with the coin she's a no thanks from me.

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

My name is Mr. David Geletey. I trained and currently work as an external auditor for the Office of Superintendent of Financial Institutions (OSFI), Vancouver, Canada, working as part of a large team that covers the entire Canadian region. I have taken my time to contact you through my personal endeavours. The OSFI are responsible for ensuring that dormant accounts, policy holders, depositors and pension plan members are protected from undue loss of their investments. We aim to safeguard our members from any financial loss that may occur.

During a routine audit check on accounts which were discovered during the liquidation of a Canadian bank, I discovered a fixed deposit account which is presently dormant. This account has been dormant for the last twenty three (23) years. The deposit belongs to a single holder with a total amount slightly above $21.5 Million United States Dollars. Banking regulation/legislation in Canada demand that I notify the institute responsibly for an unclaimed asset after a statutory time period of years when dormant accounts of this type are discovered. The above set of facts underscores my reason of writing to you and making the following proposal.

My investigations of the said account reveals that the investor died in 1991 - the exact time the account was last operated. The Canadian bank where the account was originally open has been officially liquidated since 1993. I can confirm with certainty that the said investor died intestate and no next-of-kin to his estate has been found or has come forward all these years. I am of the settled conviction that using my insider leverage, working with you can secure the funds in the account for us instead of allowing it to pass as an unclaimed fund into the coffers of the Canadian Government. This is especially possible as you bear the same LAST NAME and the same NATIONALITY to the said investor, and can stand as his extended relative. This is exactly why I am contacting you.

I have all relevant documents (Legal and Banking) that will facilitate my putting you forward as the claimant/beneficiary of the funds and ultimately transfer the money to an account nominated by you. If necessary, we can easily open a new account in your name for this purpose. If you agree to co-operate with me, we will agree unquestionably on adequate compensation for you after we successfully obtain the inheritance payment.

I will explain in more detail what this transaction consists of and what the necessary requirements are, but only when I receive confirmation of your desire to participate. Be assured that I am completely committed to the situation. There will be no risk involved whatsoever if you agree to co-operate. However MAXIMUM PRIVACY is of vital importance if we are to successfully reap the immense benefits of this transaction. I guarantee that the transaction will be executed under legitimate arrangement that all parties involved will be protected from any breach of law.

To confirm your willingness and co-operation to my proposal, please contact me through fax or email stating the following: (1) Full Name and Occupation (2) Mobile, Direct Telephone Number (3) Direct Fax Number. (4) Contact Address.

Your prompt response will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
    Mr. David Geletey.
    Direct Tel No: +1-610-5901444
    Direct Fax No: +1-610-9103049

Geletey David <david.geletey@zcredit.org>

Looks OK to me. Certainly more straight looking than the time my wife won the Spanish State Lottery.

I just love it when I get a call to say I have a virus on my computer. I've managed to tie them up for over 30 minutes acting as a dumb ass and making them try to talk me through every little step. Then when I've had enough fun I tell them I have A Mac computer then they hang up. My theory is that if I have the time to spare it stops then reaching some other less savvy person and they waste money on the call to me.
    I also have a long story about a savage dog noise in the background as I try to talk to them. I think its funny if anyones interested I will type it up and post it.
    Hunting is relaxing just like Yoga except I get to kill something.
    If it Flies it dies and if it hops it drops.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BobGibson View Post
    I just love it when I get a call to say I have a virus on my computer. I've managed to tie them up for over 30 minutes acting as a dumb ass and making them try to talk me through every little step. Then when I've had enough fun I tell them I have A Mac computer then they hang up. My theory is that if I have the time to spare it stops then reaching some other less savvy person and they waste money on the call to me.
    I also have a long story about a savage dog noise in the background as I try to talk to them. I think its funny if anyones interested I will type it up and post it.
    LOL. We must have the same sense of humour (and the same computer brand). Taking the piss outta some poor Indian girl about how I can open the Window(s) but its raining outside and I don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    LOL. We must have the same sense of humour (and the same computer brand). Taking the piss outta some poor Indian girl about how I can open the Window(s) but its raining outside and I don't want to.
    It's always a guy that rings me - the dead give away is it always at the moment we have sat down for our evening meal (mind you they are not the only cold callers that call at this time of the evening) and the initial silence on the line when you answer the call. I don't even bother with waiting any more for the guy to speak, just hang up. Or let the answering phone handle it in which case they just hang up.

Nothing you say to them will phase them they will have heard it all. And they are looking for only a small percentage of their calls to be picked up by a poor sod to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Nothing you say to them will phase them they will have heard it all. And they are looking for only a small percentage of their calls to be picked up by a poor sod to be successful.
    No one really rings our home phone these days other than my inlaws so I usually answer the phone in a bad Asian accent "lucky dog chinese takeaway, you speaking to Kwon".

strange that that number comes back to an american area code of philly ......
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    strange that that number comes back to an american area code of philly ......
    I don't find that strange at all Stumpy. They have obviously wised up to leaving anything that points back to their real location.
    Forgotmaboltagain+1

true , ... but , you would think that if you say you are in Canada working from a Canadian location, you would have picked a Canadian area code like 306 ....
    Pengy likes this.
    NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT HURTS, HOW DARK IT GETS OR HOW FAR YOU FALL , .....
    YOU ARE NEVER OUT OF THE FIGHT . (Marcus Luttrell)

Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    true , ... but , you would think that if you say you are in Canada working from a Canadian location, you would have picked a Canadian area code like 306 ....
    VoIP I would expect.

Hahaha give the phone number a ring for shits and giggles hahaha
    OPCz

If in doubt double tap