Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By zimmer
  • 1 Post By veitnamcam
  • 1 Post By GravelBen
  • 1 Post By stingray
  • 1 Post By northdude
  • 1 Post By Tommy
  • 1 Post By Tommy

Thread: Another wet bus ticket

Another wet bus ticket

I don't have too bigger problem with this one as long as it applies to me when I do something stupid.
    Boy racer to keep driver's licence after burnout on highway | Stuff.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by screamO View Post
    I don't have too bigger problem with this one as long as it applies to me when I do something stupid.
    Boy racer to keep driver's licence after burnout on highway | Stuff.co.nz
    Read somewhere (stuff *#$@) that a lot don't turn up to do their community service so an even damper bus ticket again. Not saying this guy will not show.
    But remember it was only 1 lapse. Like saying a murderer who has done time murders again after release but that's alright it's the first time he's done it for ages. Yeah, I know the 2 crimes are light years apart but just an example.
    And the people (victims) who lodged the 111 calls, wots their slant on this?
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Read somewhere (stuff *#$@) that a lot don't turn up to do their community service so an even damper bus ticket again. Not saying this guy will not show.
    But remember it was only 1 lapse. Like saying a murderer who has done time murders again after release but that's alright it's the first time he's done it for ages. Yeah, I know the 2 crimes are light years apart but just an example.
    And the people (victims) who lodged the 111 calls, wots their slant on this?
    Yes I was of the understanding that 111 calls are for emergencys only....Eg People are dieing or in imminent danger. Somebody doing a skid does not qualify in my book.
    keneff likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Yes I was of the understanding that 111 calls are for emergencys only....Eg People are dieing or in imminent danger. Somebody doing a skid does not qualify in my book.
    Yep. *555 that shit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Yep. *555 that shit.
    Ring 111. Like the police say to do.

No bastard answers *555 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post

I called *555 once to report a probably drunk truck driver who was all over the road on SH1, someone did answer... they suggested that I could go to the police station when I got to town and make a complaint in writing for someone to follow up later.

Ultimate efficiency!
    Gibo likes this.

I was two cars behind a cop car at Karapiro, it was raining, the arse hole picked up an oncoming speeding car and did a handbrake turn, floored it and nearly had a head on with me! I dialed #555 and the pretty voice on the phone told me, after I had given her a graffic description, that the particular cop was specially trained to drive like that and would be a far better driver than me! I could put a complaint in writing, I told her to Foff and hung up!!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

To be fair they did prosecute the officer who did the same thing in the Buller gorge and cleaned up two moterbikers.

Horse on the road a couple of weeks ago ...111 they were more than happy to have the call. Had car out pronto.. Bloke starting work after me said they had said crazy horse almost back in the paddock when he rolled past 30 mins later.
    gadgetman likes this.
    Nil durum volenti !!

SiB
    We're getting thread but our local cops keep saying to ONLY use 111 (i.e. Not local number) if you want to report ANY crime.

Quote Originally Posted by SiB View Post
    We're getting thread but our local cops keep saying to ONLY use 111 (i.e. Not local number) if you want to report ANY crime.
    Not a crime but I reported concern for an older neighbour wandering the streets in a very confused state at 3-4am a while back....I tried to take her home but she was insistent on "stalking" her house, anyway after half an hour of trying to deal with her I had to fuck off as I had a tide to catch and 018ed my local stations number (Nelsons main police station) and after trying to explain the situation and location in local terms to the lady on the phone who had no fucken idea what I was talking about I clicked to the fact I was talking to Auckland ......dunno what happened probably nothing.
    You would think they would at least have an automated message to say you are being transferred to a different area

thats not to bad sooner or later some high paid consultant will come up with the bright idea of moving the call centre to india or an even better place
    veitnamcam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post

I have called *555 several times when I lived on the road and got an answer every time. Sometimes had to wait a few rings,but they always got there
    I used to have a handle on Life - but it broke.

Not a crime but I reported concern for an older neighbour wandering the streets in a very confused state at 3-4am a while back....I tried to take her home but she was insistent on "stalking" her house, anyway after half an hour of trying to deal with her I had to fuck off as I had a tide to catch and 018ed my local stations number (Nelsons main police station) and after trying to explain the situation and location in local terms to the lady on the phone who had no fucken idea what I was talking about I clicked to the fact I was talking to Auckland ......dunno what happened probably nothing.
    You would think they would at least have an automated message to say you are being transferred to a different area
    I've rung 111 before and had to explain repeatedly I was 40m away from the front door (of North Comms) trying not to have to wallop a car thief and would they mind coming and getting him pretty please hahaha
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I've rung 111 before and had to explain repeatedly I was 40m away from the front door (of North Comms) trying not to have to wallop a car thief and would they mind coming and getting him pretty please hahaha
    There was probably nobody in the building trained to deal with real live criminals.

There was probably nobody in the building trained to deal with real live criminals.
    Nah that's what the police are for, the call takers are civvies. I had to laugh at the time, I was like "look out the window!"

They got there and got the fucker in the end, in the macca's carpark up the road. BIG Korean cop, he was a fucking machine this guy, really amping to nail the guy as he got a description (after thief had bolted, realising I had called the cops). Thief came back a bit later and was quite a sight when he clocked 4 or 5 cops coming from multiple directions leaping over the silly little hedges around the carpark hahahaha.

A few weeks later the dude pinched a mate's neighbours Q7 as she was unloading her shopping. Total dropkick.
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt