Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch NZGR

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Any judges on the forum??

We have one of the best judicial systems in the world, and in any event our judges are bound by legislation (the sentencing act) that is legislation from our democratically elected parliament. So don't beat up on the Judges, albeit that sometime they do get it wrong. And remember that the police can appeal sentences if they wish.

Also and fortunately, our legislation general reflects prevailing social norms, not right wing hunting forum rants

Heaven forbid if we ever become like like the American judicial system which is rife with bias and crony-ism.
    paddygonebush, stug, ebf and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    Great point keneff.....we have serious offenders,here in Kiwi,that get “community service “for their crimes,baby bashers etc,......but hey,who said “community service” never hurt anyone.....that’s of course,if they ever fucking showed up to do it....
    No argument from me on this one, @A330driver. Judges here need to get a bit real, too, and the wet bus ticket comes out way too often, but the other extreme (eg 3 life sentences without possibility of parole ffs) is just as useless. A piece of shit without hope is a hopeless piece of shit. Wonder how much of the crap in this this thread would stand if it was your own precious offspring caught climbing out someone's window with their laptop or tv? There has to be some middle ground between shooting them, and steering them into a useful, decent life. Drugs addictions aren't helping things, and neither is the criminalisation of drug use, but racking and stacking them forever in our fucked-out penal system isn't going to fix a frigging thing.
    Cordite likes this.
    I used to have a handle on Life - but it broke.

Quote Tahr”Heaven forbid if we ever become like like the American judicial system which is rife with bias and crony-ism.”

Tahr...this is not about the yanks,the Chinese or the Russians.....the latter points refer to us in Kiwi.I would generally agree with your points regarding output system here in Kiwi,but I find myself very biased with your “generalization”.

I showed my mum your post.....she says ...tell tahr to “get stuffed”...”up his”......why?may you ask......

18 months ago,my mum and her partner(79/80) were bashed and robbed up here in Totara north,....minding there own fucking buisness,robbed of $200,many trips to the hospital,...which her partner still suffers from.....the two pieces of shit were well know in the community,habitual offenders of various crimes......they got fucking,COMMUNITY SERVICE...for which they never showed,and as many times as I appealed the local authorities to deal with it,....it has has slipped into the depths of bullshit.....Please do not lecture me on our judicial system and then talk about the yanks........take a trip to Thailand and see how they deal with it,and tell me that it’s crony

I realize,I have a bias and are tainted,as I have whanau on the receiving end,....I would love to take the law into my own hands,but the sentence I would receive would be very harsh,....do you think I would get ....COMMUNITY SERVICE...fuck no!!!!

All I’m asking is that the “time”fit the “crime”......and that softcock sentencing criteria be reviewed and punishments fit the crime

......by the way,....my mum has just had a cuppa and says she’s sorry for calling you a wanker...

Sidenote,I did hire a lawyer,he did,I thought,a great job in trying to push the issue,his hands were tied,we appealed through the system,and got 2litres of fuckall....
    Last edited by A330driver; 11-04-2018 at 12:50 PM.
    40mm likes this.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Quote Tahr”Heaven forbid if we ever become like like the American judicial system which is rife with bias and crony-ism.”

Tahr...this is not about the yanks,the Chinese or the Russians.....the latter points refer to us in Kiwi.I would generally agree with your points regarding output system here in Kiwi,but I find myself very biased with your “generalization”.

I showed my mum your post.....she says ...tell tahr to “get stuffed”...”up his”......why?may you ask......

18 months ago,my mum and her partner(79/80) were bashed and robbed up here in Totara north,....minding there own fucking buisness,robbed of $200,many trips to the hospital,...which her partner still suffers from.....the two pieces of shit were well know in the community,habitual offenders of various crimes......they got fucking,COMMUNITY SERVICE...for which they never showed,and as many times as I appealed the local authorities to deal with it,....it has has slipped into the depths of bullshit.....Please do not lecture me on our judicial system and then talk about the yanks........take a trip to Thailand and see how they deal with it,and tell me that it’s crony

I realize,I have a bias and are tainted,as I have whanau on the receiving end,....I would love to take the law into my own hands,but the sentence I would receive would be very harsh,....do you think I would get ....COMMUNITY SERVICE...fuck no!!!!

All I’m asking is that the “time”fit the “crime”......and that softcock sentencing criteria be reviewed and punishments fit the crime

......by the way,....my mum has just had a cuppa and says she’s sorry for calling you a wanker...

Sidenote,I did hire a lawyer,and appealed through the system,and got 2litres of fuckall....
    Please thank your Mum for her honest feedback and there is no need for her to apologise for calling me a wanker. Your Mum is correct. Like all males, I have indulged.

Thanks also for recognising your own bias, which is understandable given the terrible thing that happened to your Mum and her partner. And I agree that it is pitiful that the penalty of community service was not enforced and that didn't seem to be anything that you could do about it.

However I don't resile from what I said. Our judicial system 'aint perfect but its still one of the best and fairest in the world. I generalised because the thread was a general discussion.

If its hands you want chopped off and corporal punishment for crimes less than murder you will need to accept the loss of liberties and the sort of society that goes with it.
    If its harsher and reactionary penalties that you want, and think that it will stop similar crime to what happened to your Mum, you will be disappointed.

What we need is more of is investment in education and health to reduce crime. And that crime is punished under existing law proportionally to the harm caused.

As an aside, what sort penalty do you think would have fit the crime against your Mum and her partner, in terms of paying their dues to society and positively dissuading them of a repeat?
    40mm likes this.

Quote:As an aside, what sort penalty do you think would have fit the crime against your Mum and her partner, in terms of paying their dues to society and positively dissuading them of a repeat?

Thanks for the reply,most of which I agree,

We discussed that,but that is not my or their forte.The fact that there community service was not enforced,the number of “their” whanau rushing and literally making light of there mischief was appalling....these wankers were offered ,counseling,help in various manners,a plethora of avenues,.......my mum and her partner,left to pick up the pieces.......

They criminals can only be held accountable for what our system has in place.......did I want to shoot the cunts,......ah.....hmmm.......fuck yes......But like my Mum,we follow the law.I don’t really know how to answer your question,without involving emotion......we have laws,they have to be enforced,we have a system of Govt,but it’s only as good as the peo0le in it that are willing to enforce it,........and make the punishments so that it deters criminals,......not laugh at it
    Tahr, veitnamcam and 40mm like this.

Community service for aggravated robbery is unusual in the extreme. Were the special circumstances involved?

Making sex offenders live next to a school or the victim kind of makes you wonder a bit as well wtf

None what so ever other than “their” whanau etc are well known within the community.....they had worked on my mums property on several occasions,paid cash and treated very well.....vulnerability,.....the stench of a easy taking.....fucking bullshit....

Quote Originally Posted by Proudkiwi View Post
    Community service for aggravated robbery is unusual in the extreme. Were the special circumstances involved?

None what so ever other than “their” whanau etc are well known within the community.....they had worked on my mums property on several occasions,paid cash and treated very well.....vulnerability,.....the stench of a easy taking.....fucking bullshit....
    I only hope the "well known family" dealt with them harshly to dissuade further offending, sometimes this is more effective than the law and judicial system, other times its just a laugh for the whole family.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

.....it has become a very complicated affair,older whanau are very vulnerable ,you have to be very careful with the situations you put them in ,.......just to satisfy your own.....

Isn't it funny in our modern society how Everytime something like this happens we have all sorts of organizations tripping over themselves to help the offender and just as many people defending them yet fuk all support is there for the victim funny how not one of the fukn wankers that defend the offender will take the poor piece of shit into their own care and help rehabilitate them oh that's right there's an excuse

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Isn't it funny in our modern society how Everytime something like this happens we have all sorts of organizations tripping over themselves to help the offender and just as many people defending them yet fuk all support is there for the victim funny how not one of the fukn wankers that defend the offender will take the poor piece of shit into their own care and help rehabilitate them oh that's right there's an excuse
    Perhaps poor wording but I agree the support for the victims or the family of the victim is just not there.
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire

Chicken Intolerant.

You could argue that helping the offender benefits society in the long run but it shouldn't be at the cost of the victim.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
    Gapped axe likes this.

Exterminating them would benefit us then they can't breed more like themselves either

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Exterminating them would benefit us then they can't breed more like themselves either
    It arguably would. But who's to say who is life unworthy of life. Would you be in agreement with the policy if all of a sudden you were on the shit list?

It's just the beginning of a slippery slope.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk