Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Knives Africa

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Any judges on the forum??

Yes I would as I'm a believer in everyone knows what's right and wrong you know there's cosiquenses for your actions if tou man enough to do the crime your man enough to face the consiquenses sorry about the spelling and also I'd rather see my tax money spent else where not wasting it on keeping scum alive some of them whether you like it or not and whatever excuse you have will always be like that it doesn't matter how much money you throw at them they will never change tour just polishing a turd I know I sound hard line but you'd think after a century us clever humans would be able to figure it out buy now

I'll put my cards on the table I guess a lot of this comes from the fact that my mother was raped a long time ago and as usual sweet fuk all was done about it some fukn lame sentence was handed down and the price of shit probably went on to do it again

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    Yes I would as I'm a believer in everyone knows what's right and wrong you know there's cosiquenses for your actions if tou man enough to do the crime your man enough to face the consiquenses sorry about the spelling and also I'd rather see my tax money spent else where not wasting it on keeping scum alive some of them whether you like it or not and whatever excuse you have will always be like that it doesn't matter how much money you throw at them they will never change tour just polishing a turd I know I sound hard line but you'd think after a century us clever humans would be able to figure it out buy now
    Fair enough.

I get the whole right and wrong and if you did it face up.

I am not denying that some will never change and have never excused any bad behaviour.

I was just questioning the whole morality and lime of thinking of how you came to that conclusion.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

It would be interesting to see if some of our scum we keep alive here would consider doing what they do if the punish ment was get put in some of the notorious jails they have over seas or public stonings etc imagine all the do gooders tripping over them selves then they didn't give a shit about their victim why should we give a shit about them because there's a convenient excuse in place for them that's why

Hey @40mm is there a job vacancy on your board

I love criminals, they keep me employed. Mind you there have been times when all I felt like was smacking them in the head. Their right of entitlement is fucking unbelievable. Probably the main reason I turned down being a Judicial Magistrate. Not PC in any shape or form.
    A330driver and 40mm like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Yeah mate,....for those who have been affected in some way or another ,we will have views and opinions,based upon previous experiences.Emotion is a very hard trait to remove from sometimes making sound judgements.When the day comes that some forum members will have to deal with similar situations,Ill be interested to hear their thoughts

As others have alluded,we have a law,a Govt,a system.It has to have checks and balances,and yes,be tested,......my personal belief is that our laws in many areas are “soft”,the statements that we have to spend more money on health and education etc is a just cause,but we have been chasing that dream for decades,where has it got us,there is just not enough money or people to get to those ends.........when we get to Mars,and start a colony there,please let me know,I’ll volunteer,.....maybe go on a hunt for ......MARTIANS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    I love criminals, they keep me employed. Mind you there have been times when all I felt like was smacking them in the head. Their right of entitlement is fucking unbelievable. Probably the main reason I turned down being a Judicial Magistrate. Not PC in any shape or form.
    northdude likes this.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    Quote:As an aside, what sort penalty do you think would have fit the crime against your Mum and her partner, in terms of paying their dues to society and positively dissuading them of a repeat?

Thanks for the reply,most of which I agree,

We discussed that,but that is not my or their forte.The fact that there community service was not enforced,the number of “their” whanau rushing and literally making light of there mischief was appalling....these wankers were offered ,counseling,help in various manners,a plethora of avenues,.......my mum and her partner,left to pick up the pieces.......

They criminals can only be held accountable for what our system has in place.......did I want to shoot the cunts,......ah.....hmmm.......fuck yes......But like my Mum,we follow the law.I don’t really know how to answer your question,without involving emotion......we have laws,they have to be enforced,we have a system of Govt,but it’s only as good as the peo0le in it that are willing to enforce it,........and make the punishments so that it deters criminals,......not laugh at it
    While the question was not directed at anyone except @A330driver , after much thought and discussion previously,, I wonder if we can find a cheaper deterrent to petty crime. I know referring to something like this as petty is hard as I know it certainly does not feel petty to the victims. We had a very similar situation with one exception. It was not for money. A discussion about an elderly relatives' welfare turned into a double assault leaving my parents very badly hurt. We had many discussions around punishments as the offenders did not even get PD. One of the thoughts we had around punishment were corporal as a deterrent. While it is against every bleeding heart liberals ideals it still has several things going for it.

1) It hurts. A lot. That's the point. But no permanent damage apart from the threat of more if this occurs again.
    2) Relatively cheap to administer especially when compared to even short jail terms.
    3) Will give offenders some idea of the pain they have inflicted upon others.
    4) It does not include spending time with worse criminals for them to learn or develop into worse examples of humanity.....

Whther NZ will ever change , or even want to , it wont matter. the relaxing of boundaries and punishments we have seen over the last decades has lead to the situation we have now where this entitlement by the young especially is a large part of the issue.
    northdude, A330driver and 40mm like this.

lex talionis
    lɛks ˌtalɪˈəʊnɪs
    noun
    the law of retaliation, whereby a punishment resembles the offence committed in kind and degree.

The US "justice" system is bizarre. How is one theft worth 10 yrs of someone's life? And downhill from there.
    Guns don't kill people - drivers do.

The Hedgehog Preservation Society

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Fair enough.

I get the whole right and wrong and if you did it face up.

I am not denying that some will never change and have never excused any bad behaviour.

I was just questioning the whole morality and lime of thinking of how you came to that conclusion.

most things are black and white to me if you cant fix the problem eliminate it if someone thinks they can fix some of these people why dont they take eg a repeat rapist or violent offener into their own home with their children and give them a nice caring environment and rehabilitate them
    A330driver likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    most things are black and white to me if you cant fix the problem eliminate it if someone thinks they can fix some of these people why dont they take eg a repeat rapist or violent offener into their own home with their children and give them a nice caring environment and rehabilitate them
    That's more than a little bit of a straw man.

I never said no jail. Just that if as a society we choose not to execute and have Draconian punishments then rehabilitation is one option.

Would you sign up to be one of the executioners?

That would be a dumb question to get into on a shooting forum pm to discuss it if you want but in this day and age a robot could do it are you prepared to take on repeat offender's in your home and rehabilitate them
    A330driver likes this.

Cordite..which justice system are you talking of....The so-called US “justice system”,is approximately 48 different states,some bigger ,some smaller than the size of Kiwi,.....so let’s say 48 New Zealand’s with all differing “justice systems”.......you do realize that ????

To use your word “bizarre”....then yes it would be....no one state has the same justice system,so which one would you like to talk about

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    lex talionis
    lɛks ˌtalɪˈəʊnɪs
    noun
    the law of retaliation, whereby a punishment resembles the offence committed in kind and degree.

The US "justice" system is bizarre. How is one theft worth 10 yrs of someone's life? And downhill from there.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Dumb as a bag of broken biscuits.
    probably make a soggy base for a cheese cake too. pretty much as useless as you could ever hope to achieve if you tried.
    Use enough gun

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Mind if I inquire about the advanced training bit....is that like......
    If you are good at driving or batting then you would probably pass.
    Use enough gun