Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Black Watch


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Anyone bought anything off clearly.co.nz?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Jafa land
    Posts
    2,271

    Anyone bought anything off clearly.co.nz?

    My girlfriend's work is for an online store and she looks at a screen all day.

    She has been looking at blue light filtering glasses to ease the strain on her eyes.

    Anyone bought anything off the site? They are not expensive but I have never heard of them before.

    Any experience or suggestions would be appreciated

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    5,037
    they were all the rage for about 6 months 20 years ago "blu-blockers" as seen on tv.
    total crap

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Jafa land
    Posts
    2,271
    Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    they were all the rage for about 6 months 20 years ago "blu-blockers" as seen on tv.
    total crap
    So they don't actually do anything? I haven't done any research. She just asked me to ask the people on here.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    kaiapoi
    Posts
    2,183
    There used to be a layered tinted screen that can sit in front of the computer screen. Hooks on the outside
    Don't know if they worked or not.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    christchurch
    Posts
    5,037
    there were screen filters but they were pretty much on old crt monitors to stop sunlight reflections. the blue filters for screens are for ones with sub standard led backlights. tell her to get her boss to buy an oled monitor

  6. #6
    If it goes Boom; I'm there faregame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Whangarei
    Posts
    893
    I used the night filter on my phone and computer
    Puts a slight yellow tinge on the screen - way better
    I was reading somewhere that cutting down on the blue light is good for you - especially kids

  7. #7
    Member gadgetman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Christchurch
    Posts
    14,488
    Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    there were screen filters but they were pretty much on old crt monitors to stop sunlight reflections. the blue filters for screens are for ones with sub standard led backlights. tell her to get her boss to buy an oled monitor
    They also cut the viewing angle right down so only the person sitting right behind the screen could see. Their main purpose was as a security/privacy screen.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

  8. #8
    Member mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nelson, New Zealand
    Posts
    6,881
    I buy all my contacts off clearly.co.nz and have done for years good service and prices

  9. #9
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    14,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    My girlfriend's work is for an online store and she looks at a screen all day.

    She has been looking at blue light filtering glasses to ease the strain on her eyes.

    Anyone bought anything off the site? They are not expensive but I have never heard of them before.

    Any experience or suggestions would be appreciated
    I could send her some tasteful nudes of myself?
    Wont have to worry about blue light after that

    My wife used to get her contacts there.
    Has had lasec since and doesn't need them.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Jafa land
    Posts
    2,271
    Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    there were screen filters but they were pretty much on old crt monitors to stop sunlight reflections. the blue filters for screens are for ones with sub standard led backlights. tell her to get her boss to buy an oled monitor
    Her boss is cheap and tight as with money. No pay increases for at least the past decade.

    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I could send her some tasteful nudes of myself?
    Wont have to worry about blue light after that

    My wife used to get her contacts there.
    Has had lasec since and doesn't need them.

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    That'd fix her complaining!
    R93 likes this.

  11. #11
    R93
    R93 is offline
    Member R93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Westland NZ, PNG
    Posts
    14,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    Her boss is cheap and tight as with money. No pay increases for at least the past decade.



    That'd fix her complaining!
    I should send them to Venom.
    She wouldnt worry about banning guns while her eyesight was repairing

    Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    keneff and Russian 22. like this.
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

  12. #12
    Member Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    W-BOP
    Posts
    4,941
    Tell her to become a mechanic and get a fucked back instead
    Russian 22. likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Jafa land
    Posts
    2,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Tell her to become a mechanic and get a fucked back instead
    Or a fridgey!

    That's why eventually I'll go to uni and study something.

  14. #14
    Member keneff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Waiuku
    Posts
    557
    True that. Or a truck driver, and wreck everything.
    I used to have a handle on Life - but it broke.

  15. #15
    Village Idjit Barefoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Westie
    Posts
    3,217
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    I could send her some tasteful nudes of myself?
    No one said she was looking for a magnifying lens
    gadgetman and Maca49 like this.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. I bought a 7mm Rem Mag
    By Tussock in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 17-02-2019, 10:17 PM
  2. Bought the new Polaris Ute
    By hotbarrels in forum Outdoor Transport
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 20-07-2018, 10:15 PM
  3. What I bought today !!
    By TJM in forum Gear and Equipment
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 04-09-2014, 08:35 AM
  4. Has anyone bought a scope from Fishpond.co.nz?
    By 310cadet in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-07-2014, 09:34 PM
  5. Just bought a rifle
    By veitnamcam in forum Firearms, Optics and Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 18-03-2012, 12:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!