Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone who knocks Nissan needs a damn good slapping...!!!

Anyone who knocks Nissan needs a damn good slapping...!!!

...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Don't know about the new 550 but the previous ones looked good (and thats about where it stopped).

Agreed Nissans are fantastic cars!

MEB
    Nissan - but not actually a Nissan you can go out and buy from Nissan.

And Bowler's are much much better

I like a damn good slapping me.

Those old things are heavy and gutless. All that weight and the standard TD42 non-turbo only pumps out 115HP when a much lighter Toyota 3l turbo pumps out 130HP. But will I sell my Nissan anytime soon ... hell no! Interesting that the one in the clip is blowing black so still running the diesel but by the high pitch has a nice air charge mass increasing device added. I'd like one on my old heap, but it would need a manual conversion first as it has the earlier auto taken from the back of the TD27.

Just can't think of anything much out there I'd replace it with. Maybe a 2.8 Isuzu or Hilux, or just a slightly newer Nissan.

MEB
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    Those old things are heavy and gutless. All that weight and the standard TD42 non-turbo only pumps out 115HP when a much lighter Toyota 3l turbo pumps out 130HP. But will I sell my Nissan anytime soon ... hell no! Interesting that the one in the clip is blowing black so still running the diesel but by the high pitch has a nice air charge mass increasing device added. I'd like one on my old heap, but it would need a manual conversion first as it has the earlier auto taken from the back of the TD27.

Just can't think of anything much out there I'd replace it with. Maybe a 2.8 Isuzu or Hilux, or just a slightly newer Nissan.
    Don't replace it then The worse thing I ever done was sell a bike because I thought I wanted a newer one.

Must admit there is the temptation to take the angle grinder to it and turn it into a double cab and put a tray on the back. Handy when wanting to keep the stinky stuff out of the cab. Not sure if the registration would go up though, wagon about $400pa, van/ute about $600pa.

Pretty mediocre driving in that video

They didnt show the last bit of the clip where a standard surf drives through the same course with no drama

Haha yeah, that chap needs lockers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointer View Post
    Haha yeah, that chap needs lockers.
    And needs to turn left and right to get the front tyres doing a bit more....and chuck it up a gear and give it shit
    Pointer likes this.
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

MEB
    Quote Originally Posted by horihunter View Post
    They didnt show the last bit of the clip where a standard surf drives through the same course with no drama
    If a standard surf is anything my like my standard Hilux it'll have trouble running over a cow pat without needing to be towed off.

Agreed Leathel, the way he fergied that bog was painful to watch, needs to get his wiggle on

I followed a Smurf through some soft stuff a couple of years ago. The Smurf really struggled. The old Nissan just drove through it without any bother on AT's. Had trouble getting the old girl out of 4x4 mode at the end of it though, I'd forgotten to play with the little gear stick. Would have been rather embarrassing if I hadn't made it and someone noticed.

MEB
    At the end of the day when you buy a 4x4 you need to decide If you want it to actually go off road, then you need to decide how much off road you do. If you would like to go off road for more than 40% of the mileage expected on the vehicle than you need something very capable off road. For me that's a basic Land Rover cos I was hatched in POMland and my experience of the Jap stuff is from factory they won't do much proper off road stuff. Then there's your budget. Quite frankly In the UK there is nothing that beats a 2nd hand Land Rover Defender FULL STOP. Don't get one with anything that operates by electrics except lights and windscreen wipers. No upgrades needed except perhaps tyres. How many Japs can go head to head in standard trim against a Land Rover Defender? Most of them If price V price was considered as Land Rovers here are F-ing expensive. I once owned, amongst many others, a LWB 1978 Safari model and when i got it it had 660,000 MILES on the clock with full service history from new. Same Engine. I treated it like a hack and bashed the thing to hell. It ended it's life with me with 11,000 MILES on the clock. My friend who still owns it had the engine rebuilt at 1.2MILLION miles and now it's on 1.6M. Same wheels, same frame, same panels, same engine block and bore and it's treated the same as I treated it - It's used by the bloke who bought my landscaping business in my village when I came here 8 years ago. So It's full of shit, sand and cider every day.
    Apart from heavily modified Japs I've yet to meet a Jap than can actually cut the mustard offroad in fully standard trim - No Jap manufacturer offers say 80/20 or 70/30's as standard afaik. Land Rover do on Defenders.
    I would love to be shown wrong - not vids not bravado talk, just shown.

Now I sold my Beautiful Land Rover Discovery II 'Facelift' in black with every single optional extra - everything. The woman who bought it lived on Waiheke Island and just ticked all the boxes, charged it to her Barrister husband and crashed it into his Porsche or Ferrari because he paid them more attention then her and divorced him on this Basis. Poor cunt. However I bought the Land Rover with the Mileage it took from North Shore to Waiheke. It needed a new front grill :-) For 46K Cash. She paid 128k 2 years previous. As It still had manufacturers warranty on it I had more or less everything sorted by the time that ran out. It ran stupid big Factory alloys with skinny low profile tyres, blacked out windows, 22 speaker factory stereo, hillclimb, descent, traction control, stabilty control, adjustable suspension front and rear. It was full of bells and whistles. It would eat my 2007 Hilux off road with full on low profile tyres V Hilux with full offroad. There is simply no comparison. Except the price. 50K v 128K. If you spent 78K on top of a new Hilux it would EAT the LR for breakfast and save pooing it out untill later in the day so other Hilux's could laugh at it whilst around the campfire sort of thing. But If you bought a Defender for same amount of money as a Hilux the Lux would win on the road easy and the LR would win offroad easy.

I want a Truck that does hunting, is 4x4, can be loaded up with my tools everyday and have Badger in the back seats, drives comfy, easy clean, easy service, cheap to run - brakes, tyres and servicing. The Hilux nearly does all of that, the V8 4.0L Land Rover with full leather doesn't come close. What's the best? The Land Rover - If you can afford one they are beautifully pleasurable to drive, and modern Range Rovers go like stink If you can afford the fuel. They are simply a real driving experience. No one can say they are a real petrol head till they've owned a V8 Land Rover.
    For me the perfect vehicle would be modern turbo intercooled 3.0L Jap diesel with 20K service interval on a Land Rover Defender base. Interior, electrics etc Jap. Running gear Land Rover LWB Defender.

NB: I am comparing in general here, non modified factory available vehicles.
    This is my personal opinion therefore the rest of you are clearly wrong and I, as ever am right. Signed GIMP

And before any of you go getting yer knickers in a twist look at my Av - MEB, probably drunk.