Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Black Watch Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Apology’s to Kiwi sapper

Bus driver

Apology’s to Kiwi sapper

I feel I’ve needed to post this

I’ve sent PMs to many on this forum,in jest ,in conversation ,in debate and so on..... I engaged,in what I thought was a bit of banter ,but was unpleasantly surprised that I’m now on his “no fly list”.....to that I apologize... after reading my liaison I feel I need to Offer an apology, not that I believe the PM was DEROGATORY or blasphemous or an accusation but in the moment an ERR on my part......one has to look at ones postings or comments once in a while and see the error in ones ways....it was never intended to be anything but a “prod”..... not to be as I was informed that I’m the “first” to be on his “ no fly list”..... it has never been my intention to piss anybody off,we agree to disagree ... and carry on,

I’m not brown nosing here,or looking for forgiveness, but since I can’t get a hold of him to explain this matter ,I’m destined to throw this at the mercy of the courts.I can apologize when I’ve seen the error of my ways .... and this is a way of doing that..... so if any of you jokers know this bloke ,please pass this message on.... assumptions,accusations can sometimes be a delicate matter... I do apologize
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    I feel I’ve needed to post this

I’ve sent PMs to many on this forum,in jest ,in conversation ,in debate and so on..... I engaged,in what I thought was a bit of banter ,but was unpleasantly surprised that I’m now on his “no fly list”.....to that I apologize... after reading my liaison I feel I need to Offer an apology, not that I believe the PM was DEROGATORY or blasphemous or an accusation but in the moment an ERR on my part......one has to look at ones postings or comments once in a while and see the error in ones ways....it was never intended to be anything but a “prod”..... not to be as I was informed that I’m the “first” to be on his “ no fly list”..... it has never been my intention to piss anybody off,we agree to disagree ... and carry on,

I’m not brown nosing here,or looking for forgiveness, but since I can’t get a hold of him to explain this matter ,I’m destined to throw this at the mercy of the courts.I can apologize when I’ve seen the error of my ways .... and this is a way of doing that..... so if any of you jokers know this bloke ,please pass this message on.... assumptions,accusations can sometimes be a delicate matter... I do apologize
    @Kiwi Sapper. Some honest grovelling happening here.
    Kiwi Sapper likes this.

The problem with online communications etc is that , emails, pm's etc are seen in stark black and white and often seem harsher than a spoken word conversation using exactly the same words. In a real conversation you can see the body language, hear the tone of voice (especially the tone), see the smile and no offense would be taken. A photographer I know who is a big name in the world scene (Magnum, Nat Geo etc) won't do email critiques anymore specifically because of the things I mentioned above. An email that says "I don't like that photo" etc etc etc seems harsher on a screen than when said in a softer way doing a face to face critique conversation. Many of his critique recipients were discouraged with an online critique; but he never had any problems with a face to face; or even via Skype etc which is effectively face to face.
    Max Headroom likes this.

Bus driver
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post

Bus driver
    Ahhhhhh.... hmmmmmm... no!...

groveling
    /ˈɡrävəliNG/
    Learn to pronounce
    adjective
    acting obsequiously in order to obtain forgiveness or favor.
    "his groveling references to “great” historians"
    noun
    obsequious behavior aimed at obtaining forgiveness or favor.
    "it was time to give in and do a bit of groveling"

Had a disagreement with @Sidney on here once. Got quite heated. All in the past now.
    Last edited by Allizdog; 13-07-2019 at 06:12 PM.
    40mm likes this.

It's hard to establish tone when writing.

Write a sentence, then say the same thing out loud, and the meaning can go from severe to lighthearted because of the difference in perceived tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    It's hard to establish tone when writing.

Write a sentence, then say the same thing out loud, and the meaning can go from severe to lighthearted because of the difference in perceived tone.
    I interpret these sentences as offensive, offending, hurtful and even nasty. I'm also slightly distressed. Now apologize...
    xtightg likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    The interpretation of written communication falls to the reader and not the writer. It is an easy thing to get wrong.
    bumblefoot and viper like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

You can confuse with a quick “FUCK OFF”?
    tetawa, Danny, Tommy and 1 others like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by outlander View Post
    I interpret these sentences as offensive, offending, hurtful and even nasty. I'm also slightly distressed. Now apologize...
    Yes ! at once !

!Name:  S03E06-DZPEhAea-subtitled.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  86.9 KB

Happy now??
    outlander likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    You can confuse with a quick “FUCK OFF”?
    "Fuck off, he hinted" -Billy Connolly.
    Maca49, Tommy and nickbop like this.

Napoleon said sleep on it and if its a still a good idea in tge morning act on it. Mostly worked for him apart from the russian bit.
    Its too easy to bite back and say things that in hindsight needed ammending on social media.
    So big up to a330 driver, and i hope kiwi sapper is up to the challenge.

After Abraham Lincoln's untimely death, they found some really nasty letters penned by him the preceding few days in his desk drawer. Really out of character letters. As it turned out, he had the habit of writing letters and to bin them the next morning, having blown off steam and slept on the matter.

That said, I have never offended anyone on this forum.....

Resident Curmudgeon Kiwi Sapper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    What Ho Cordite,

Thank you for your notification. Not having wandered through the threads, it took me some time to work out what you were doing.......being a messenger. So kind, (and brave) of you to take up the mantle of a messenger, which has occupational risks. Some being ending up hanging from gibbets, thrown from castle walls or from "fore to aft" suffering a draft..
    I ain't a "snowflake" or a "Petal", but perhaps, considering the subject matter of a couple of emails, I brooded on them too long and then took them too personally.

ANYWAY, thank You for your messenger role and to A330 Driver, I also say thank you for your thread. "Ignore" removed and all is forgotten.

Name:  olive branch.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  6.5 KB
    Last edited by Kiwi Sapper; 13-07-2019 at 08:33 PM.
    It was a confusion of ideas between him and one of the lions he was hunting in Kenya that had caused A. B. Spottsworth to make the obituary column. He thought the lion was dead, and the lion thought it wasn't.