Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine DPT


User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Arial poisoning

  1. #1
    Ejected
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,572

    Arial poisoning

    Is about to get a serious challenge, high court later this month. But it's not just this mob taking them....
    https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/...-disappointing

    Also did some numbers on the Brook sanctuary job, them are spending serious money. Way more than they need to.
    outdoorlad likes this.

  2. #2
    Ejected
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,572
    Now if you were to read this Pests | Brook Waimarama Sanctuary you would think what a wonderful world we live in, govt etc never lie yadda yadda.
    One problem, Brodifacoum was turning up 31 months later in high levels when a truck fell into the drink, the ocean drink no less. Seems the local shell fish tell a different story. Also note the link to the fact sheet at the bottom is dead.
    So here we have some clowns smelling the roses while lying their arses off then wonder why we don't trust them..
    EeeBees and H&K MAN like this.

  3. #3
    Almost literate. veitnamcam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    21,316
    Keep us upto date on the outcomes.

    Sent from my SM-G800Y using Tapatalk
    Maca49 and WallyR like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    17,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    Is about to get a serious challenge, high court later this month. But it's not just this mob taking them....
    https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/...-disappointing

    Also did some numbers on the Brook sanctuary job, them are spending serious money. Way more than they need to.
    The worse think is "the government" that has no money of its own, will pour thousands of Tax payers money in to defend the case. Nick Smith should use his own money to defend it!! And maybe some of Maggies.
    veitnamcam and Woody like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    17,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    Now if you were to read this Pests | Brook Waimarama Sanctuary you would think what a wonderful world we live in, govt etc never lie yadda yadda.
    One problem, Brodifacoum was turning up 31 months later in high levels when a truck fell into the drink, the ocean drink no less. Seems the local shell fish tell a different story. Also note the link to the fact sheet at the bottom is dead.
    So here we have some clowns smelling the roses while lying their arses off then wonder why we don't trust them..
    1080 is so selective in what it kills, an amazing poison!
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

  6. #6
    Valued Member 7mm Rem Mag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Gone Bush
    Posts
    598
    They have just done the 1080 drop on the Doc land in our area, early reports by those who have gone out for a look are thousands of dead birds lying everywhere. The guys reckon you don't even hear a bird now and the ground is covered in 1080 pallets, seems the birds they are protecting have all fallen victim along with all the other animals.
    timattalon likes this.
    When hunting think safety first

  7. #7
    Member HNTMAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wairarapa
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mm Rem Mag View Post
    They have just done the 1080 drop on the Doc land in our area, early reports by those who have gone out for a look are thousands of dead birds lying everywhere. The guys reckon you don't even hear a bird now and the ground is covered in 1080 pallets, seems the birds they are protecting have all fallen victim along with all the other animals.
    What area is this mate

    Hamish

    Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

  8. #8
    MSL
    MSL is offline
    Member MSL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    3,869
    Why are there no pictures of these 'thousands of birds'?
    Savage1 and HNTMAD like this.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    BOP
    Posts
    17,632
    25 mill being killed by predators? Where's all the bones?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

  10. #10
    Valued Member 7mm Rem Mag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Gone Bush
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by MSL View Post
    Why are there no pictures of these 'thousands of birds'?
    Because I wasn't the one who went out or there would be. And where I come from we take people by their word, I guess where you come from it's a bit different
    Wirehunt likes this.
    When hunting think safety first

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    southland
    Posts
    3,584
    no poison should be aerial spread.doc should have free use of people on the dole they should be cutting tracks through the bush and hand laying bird proof bait stations and setting cage traps and those auto reset kill traps.doc always blame deer for a lot of the damage to the native bush they conveniently forget that there used to be a couple million moa eating the same stuff doing the same damage.funny that the takahe survived somewhere that there was plenty of deer and no doc workers.
    veitnamcam and gadgetman like this.

  12. #12
    Member HNTMAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Wairarapa
    Posts
    1,989
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mm Rem Mag View Post
    They have just done the 1080 drop on the Doc land in our area, early reports by those who have gone out for a look are thousands of dead birds lying everywhere. The guys reckon you don't even hear a bird now and the ground is covered in 1080 pallets, seems the birds they are protecting have all fallen victim along with all the other animals.
    What area??

    Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk
    Hamish
    027 5422 985
    www.hgd.co.nz

  13. #13
    Ejected
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,572
    Quote Originally Posted by 7mm Rem Mag View Post
    They have just done the 1080 drop on the Doc land in our area, early reports by those who have gone out for a look are thousands of dead birds lying everywhere. The guys reckon you don't even hear a bird now and the ground is covered in 1080 pallets, seems the birds they are protecting have all fallen victim along with all the other animals.
    What area?

  14. #14
    MSL
    MSL is offline
    Member MSL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Waikato
    Posts
    3,869

    Arial poisoning

    Quote Originally Posted by 7mm Rem Mag View Post
    Because I wasn't the one who went out or there would be. And where I come from we take people by their word, I guess where you come from it's a bit different
    It was a genuine question. I have seen dead deer in 1080'd areas, so I am not disputing that it happened. More than two thousand dead birds would be some sight to see, so without seeing it myself or seeing a picture, I wouldn't be able to tell people that it definitely happened. It has nothing to do with where I am from, I'm just a realist. So don't be upset if I don't take 'your word' after you have taken someone else's word. It's just that I don't know you.
    Last edited by MSL; 02-07-2017 at 12:18 PM.
    Wirehunt and Gibo like this.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    southland
    Posts
    3,584
    pictures would be great as then it could be published and maybe people would realise that they have been lied to about 1080.NZ uses 90 percent of all 1080 used its banned in other countries wonder why?
    A330driver likes this.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. mushroom poisoning ??
    By northdude in forum Off topic
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-03-2016, 03:33 PM
  2. Poisoning birds
    By 199p in forum Off topic
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 26-06-2013, 06:28 PM
  3. Lead poisoning of gamebirds in NZ
    By Mike H in forum Game Bird Hunting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-03-2013, 12:31 PM
  4. Poisoning Stewart Island
    By Rushy in forum Off topic
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 26-10-2012, 09:40 PM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 20-08-2012, 07:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!