Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree32Likes
  • 19 Post By Frodo
  • 4 Post By Tahr
  • 3 Post By Gapped axe
  • 3 Post By Ryan_Songhurst
  • 3 Post By Frodo

Thread: Art work...

Art work...

Some of my fathers art work.

He's a master artist across all the mediums. All of it done free-hand - no tracing, grids etc, etc. Just lots of time (and experience)!
    Attached Images Attached Images       
    Shootm, Tahr, Bryan and 16 others like this.

wow talent right there
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Nice.
    It was good that Tame Iti washed and perm'd his hair for the sitting.

I thought that was very good likeness of you to Thar in your old shirt and hat
    Tahr, Scouser and WallyR like this.
    "ars longa, vita brevis"

Nice work

Awesome talent.....
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Nice @Frodo, my grandmother who passed away last year was an amazing artist, she trained at the Amsterdam Academy of Arts before the war, she lost a lot of friends during the war years as they were "disappeared" during the Nazi occupation as artists were lumped in the same category as Jews and Gypsies.
    She moved to New Zealand after the war and raised my dad alone on Great Barrier and then Waiheke island. She was a tough as nails old biddy and went through a lot in her time. In 1997 dad sold the block of land she was living on up north at that stage (Kawhia) and built her a house on their property down here, he moved all her things down and had them in storage at the neighbors property while he built her house, the neighbors property ended up burning to the ground during this time with all her possessions, not least her lifetime of artwork.
    She had displayed her artwork in various galleries around New Zealand and dad managed to track down a few pieces that had been sold and buy them back but it was pretty devastating for her and her artwork suffered in her final years, the hard as nails little old Dutch woman had finally met a hurdle she couldn't overcome. She was mentioned in the yearly publication of "Who's Who New Zealand" which was a book released yearly detailing artists, politicians, sportspeople and other people of note.
    WallyR, Frodo and berg243 like this.
    #30GANG....

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Nice @Frodo, my grandmother who passed away last year was an amazing artist, she trained at the Amsterdam Academy of Arts before the war, she lost a lot of friends during the war years as they were "disappeared" during the Nazi occupation as artists were lumped in the same category as Jews and Gypsies.
    She moved to New Zealand after the war and raised my dad alone on Great Barrier and then Waiheke island. She was a tough as nails old biddy and went through a lot in her time. In 1997 dad sold the block of land she was living on up north at that stage (Kawhia) and built her a house on their property down here, he moved all her things down and had them in storage at the neighbors property while he built her house, the neighbors property ended up burning to the ground during this time with all her possessions, not least her lifetime of artwork.
    She had displayed her artwork in various galleries around New Zealand and dad managed to track down a few pieces that had been sold and buy them back but it was pretty devastating for her and her artwork suffered in her final years, the hard as nails little old Dutch woman had finally met a hurdle she couldn't overcome. She was mentioned in the yearly publication of "Who's Who New Zealand" which was a book released yearly detailing artists, politicians, sportspeople and other people of note.
    Hey Ryan, cheers for sharing a bit of her story mate! She must have been a great artist - European academy artists generally are.

Bloody shame re: the fire.

There's something to be said about the best artists leading/having lead difficult lives. Builds character and insight. My dad went through some major road bumps along the way too...

If you've got any pics, feel free to post them in this thread.