Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: Auckland

Auckland

Had to fly up to Auckland for a few days.

In the past, I aways slagged the place off - even though I'd never actually been there. It was bit hypocritical of me, seeing as I usually preach the importance of experiencing something prior to criticizing it. At least now I've got first hand experience to make a truly informed opinion.

The entire place basically feels like a giant Hallenstines advert. I've never been engulfed by such a sea of neatly ironed cheap suits and polo shirts before. It could have also doubled as a rather defiant Speights advert, because I was the only one wearing jandals and short shorts in the rain. I was actually holding out for that old fella from the Pride of the South adverts to hobble out of an alley way and say "good onya mate".

And the pigeons in Auckland. Can't they fly? You've got to quite literally kick the c*nts out of the way. Perhaps there's a wellfare system in place for them too, which has caused them to evolve into the excessively entitled, piss-poor excuse-for-a- pigeon, pigeons that they are.

That's the end of my review.
    gadgetman, Pengy, Gibo and 12 others like this.

Review, classic

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    What can we say? I think it’s a prick of a place.
    Steve123 likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

And the pigeons in Auckland. Can't they fly? You've got to quite literally kick the c*nts out of the way. Perhaps there's a wellfare system in place for them too, which has caused them to evolve into the excessively entitled, piss-poor excuse-for-a- pigeon, pigeons that they are.

That's the end of my review.
    Fuck that's gold
    LOC likes this.

Yeah, it’s a bugger of a place. I put up with it, but would love to be somewhere else.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Yeah, itís a bugger of a place. I put up with it, but would love to be somewhere else.
    I think many of us are in the same boat. Can't wait to get my qual and bugger off

Quote Originally Posted by Russian 22. View Post
    I think many of us are in the same boat. Can't wait to get my qual and bugger off
    As soon as I finished my apprenticeship I left, now the rest of my family has started following me, obviously didn't take the hint!
    Fawls likes this.
    More meplat, more better.

Quote Originally Posted by tanqueray View Post
    As soon as I finished my apprenticeship I left, now the rest of my family has started following me, obviously didn't take the hint!
    That's the plan
    Steve123 and tanqueray like this.

Looks like I'm not the only one haha.

It feels quite fake, aye? Ephemeral almost - like it doesn't know what it is exactly, or where it's going. Perishable. Like a pop-up furniture set from Ikea.

There's no culture holding it together. It just feels like some consultant to our Govt went "okay, okay...you want a big city in NZ? Even though you don't have the space, the population or the funds? Hmmm. Why don't we chuck a few tall buildings there, a night club there, get everyone to ditch their swannies and wear mini-skirts (guys included)...will that do? And you can tax the shit out of the rest of your population to keep the faux city running - just to impress ya visitors! Because there's no way those sheep shaggers down South are gonna make you look good".

It's got no order or rhythm to it. It's just a pile of shiny shit. It's made of the right stuff, but it was some 6 year old who put it together, without reading the instruction manual.

Okay, enough negativity.

The ladies are stunning though. None of those Southland moustaches.
    Pengy, Fawls, piwakawaka and 1 others like this.

Frodo, you realise there is also a man drought in the big smoke?
    So those lovely ladies are probably single.

Just avoid the ‘ladies’ up on K-Road though.
    chainsaw and Frodo like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Are you talking about Auckland or the north island in General? Soon the north island will just be one big city couldn't believe it when I drove from Wellington up to the Hawkes bay for the first time a couple of years ago after a long hiatus, you finally get through Wellington and those Hutt parts and Porirua and hit the open road, but no, it's just town after town after town linked by short ten minute sections of 100km/hr highway, place drives me mad.
    jakewire and Frodo like this.
    #30GANG....

Auckland is a place with an international airport , where you can fly in - and out - without ever having to go to "Auckland ." .
    Frodo likes this.
    Cats have nine lives-which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Frodo, you realise there is also a man drought in the big smoke?
    So those lovely ladies are probably single.

Just avoid the ‘ladies’ up on K-Road though.
    Really? A man drought you say.... Honey, im just off to do my duty to my country.
    keneff and Frodo like this.
    Use enough gun

I'm talking about the CBD. But not surprised about the rest of the North Island @Ryan_Songhurst

If I was 18 and was thinking about making the most of 1st year free Uni tuition, I'd definitely go to Auckland for a year of fun. Haha

I think it is ok, until I get more that ten minutes from home. Been for a drive round the south island in my van with the missus and the dog. much nicer place, but there are still a few good spots up in the north island.
    Just too many people.
    Nelson has too many grape farms for my liking, grape farms usually have audi's and bmw's parked nearby with Aucklanders or their southern kin floating about too.
    Hair gel, rotten grapes and Audi's. Add a few gold watches and 'presto' Fancy pants!
    gadgetman, piwakawaka and Frodo like this.
    Use enough gun