Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Sarvo Arsenal

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Auckland, making progress....Just a bit slower.....

Auckland, making progress....Just a bit slower.....

Dont know if this has been posted up before.....

https://at.govt.nz/projects-roadwork...ound-auckland/

My daily commute to the charter boat has now been extended by 15mins each way.........more on the return journey during daylight hours due to the presence of those who dont or wont travel at or near whatever limit is in force.

It appears that the new speed limits were imposed because Auckland is facing a 'Road Safety' crisis........

Dont know about anyone else's experience when travelling minor rural roads on the outskirts of Auckland but my view is that the rural roads north and west of the city are sadly lacking maintenance and have been for the last few years.

Council would be better spending the money fixing potholes and resealing in my opinion. Take Old North rd and Peak Rd. Potholes galore, patches on patches and slumping on road edges are the norm. Forget about sponsoring festivals etc, do your damn job and concentrate on essentials like road maintenance, water supply etc etc etc..

Road Safety Crisis??? Fix the bloody roads you morons........

( Rant over.......going fillet fish)
    Barefoot, chainsaw, Tommy and 1 others like this.

You guys in the bigger cities have no idea how bad the roads are. I drive past a drop out on the way into town down to single lawn been there for over two years. Couple hundred trucks go past a day. Drift wood on the edge of road from flooding two years ago still waiting to be picked up. A slip come down past my house couple weeks ago trucks,cars and school bus having to drive around it on the grass to get around it, they just come up and put cones on it and hope it goes away. I ended up taking the tractor down and push away what i could so vehicle's can say on the seal. The list goes on and on. I live on a sealed road but cant own a car
    veitnamcam likes this.

Yeah totally normal. Labour - lets keep moving.

More like lets fix the roads we have so we can move hey? Bloody Aucklanders complaining about a pothole or two, shit oh dear. When your patches ARE the pothole - that's when you look at the talent we have in our road engineering teams...

Auckland Transport wankers are looking to confiscate my home under the public works act so they can put the new 4 lane highway through my house. Spent the last 17 years building my home and workshop from a bare paddock ........... sucks!
    Dago likes this.

Pure-bred Mutt
    I'm inclined to not give a shit because it's auckland and really, who cares.

What pisses me off is that anywhere within a few hours drive (of auckland) they seem to have dropped the speed limit to 80. Just because JAFFAs can't drive for shit, and insist on taking their traffic, and accidents on holiday. Doesn't mean the rest of us, who might have more than an half ounce of competence, should be penalised/slowed down.
    The "road safety crisis" is "fucking morons." Get them off the road and the rest of us will get along just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post
    Auckland Transport wankers are looking to confiscate my home under the public works act so they can put the new 4 lane highway through my house. Spent the last 17 years building my home and workshop from a bare paddock ........... sucks!
    Someone from that other thread want to jump in here and tell me what they think they own? Title, was it?

Mate. Sucks for you. I'm sure auckland didn't really need more rush-hour parking.
    But I'm going to appreciate your sacrifice, if it shaves time off me getting through/out of the supershitty any quicker.
    veitnamcam likes this.
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    Life Advice

Pure-bred Mutt
    Lack of maintenance? Cry me a river. My (gravel) road has been corrugated to shit for at least 10 months. Sometimes it's "too dry to grade" sometimes "too wet" sometimes they apparently just don't give a shit.
    All the roadworks up here are just utterly shyt. Lowest tender - top f*cking idea. And remedial? hah. Tui ad.
    I would send the council a bill for my shocks, but don't think I'd get very far...
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    Life Advice

or you could try christchurch, if its not a bus lane or a bloody cycle lane it looks like berlin at the end of ww2

That sounds a Bit shit all round. Seems the regional Council funding model isn't working too well along with these bogus tendering processes they entertain.

When I was a kid they had the ministry of works ,(ministry of jerks) who at least used to toddle around fixing stuff.(with a few shovel leaners and another keeping the billy boiled)
    Steve123 and mimms2 like this.

Pure-bred Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by stevodog View Post
    That sounds a Bit shit all round. Seems the regional Council funding model isn't working too well along with these bogus tendering processes they entertain.

When I was a kid they had the ministry of works ,(ministry of jerks) who at least used to toddle around fixing stuff.(with a few shovel leaners and another keeping the billy boiled)
    Hell yes.
    a) work-for-dole/ chain-gang prisoners.
    b) they provided an apprenticeship where you gained some useful and transferable skills. (All the old ministries - railways, waterworks etc)

I'm not sure if they were ever accountable. The roading requirements for horse and cart were a bit less demanding...But I suppose this is "the free market" in action, and keeps the coffers freed up to pay pollies more.
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    Life Advice

Pure-bred Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    or you could try christchurch, if its not a bus lane or a bloody cycle lane it looks like berlin at the end of ww2
    My history is a little rusty. What's the problem?
    tetawa likes this.
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    Life Advice

Quote Originally Posted by mimms2 View Post
    My history is a little rusty. What's the problem?
    .....but those cups are only 1/2 full
    tetawa likes this.

Impressive wrist strength those beer wenches

Think you'll find that wherever you travel the speed limit in many so called marginal areas has been lowered, reason was the "dangerous" roads, no thought went in for "shit" or zero driving skill. See plod in areas that when the limit was 100 km he was conspicuous by his absence, now it's 80 km there's money to be made. 90% of roading funds go in to H&F plus signage, nothing left to fix the holes,
    veitnamcam likes this.

Pure-bred Mutt
    Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Think you'll find that wherever you travel the speed limit in many so called marginal areas has been lowered, reason was the "dangerous" roads, no thought went in for "shit" or zero driving skill. See plod in areas that when the limit was 100 km he was conspicuous by his absence, now it's 80 km there's money to be made. 90% of roading funds go in to H&F plus signage, nothing left to fix the holes,
    Nevermind that the limits were set half a century ago...
    There's money to be made from "licensing"... regardless of competency. Another private company getting fat off the legislation.

What is H+F?
    Diligentia Vis Celeritas
    Life Advice

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post
    @hotbarrels

Just be grateful they have to pay fair market rate.
    Unlike our guns and ammo last year.
    Welcome to Sako club.