Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch

User Tag List

Like Tree1027Likes

Thread: Aviation enthusiast thread

Couple more
    Name:  858.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  158.5 KB
    This next one is an aussie pilot that helped build the mai mai on the big pond,their buisness has taken off up in the Waikato.pun included
    Name:  831.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  164.0 KB
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...7&font=cursive

Flew Huey 300/500s....10 years in Alaska,crashed a few fixed wings......could spill a few beans ....started in kiwi but have ventured where the shelisas,piss and money have taken me....currently fly the A330....have many mates that have flown some very fine aircraft.....it's a wonderful te ora
    Dundee, gadgetman, Ryan and 1 others like this.

Spill the beans. Please.

As the person who started this thread, and with a particular bent for fast jets and whirly birds. I'm a sponge here... saturate me (no homo).

Thanks for the invite.....learned to fly out of wgtn... headed to oz,east west airline ...ended up in Alaska for 10 years.....horizon/Alaska for 9 years..AWA/USAIRWAYS/AMERICAN 20yrs.......aircraft, metro,Dornier dash8/7..F-28/...727/37/...airbus 319/320/321/330...Cessna,s/beech....flew floats for RUSTS ,beavers 4 seasons...400/600s....

Crashed 3 airplanes.......hit a bull moose in scwethna Alaska,C-207..... C402 landing gear collapse in Cordova Alaska.....Aniak Alaska wrote off a twin otter hitting a flock of Canadian geese......
    Last edited by A330driver; 04-06-2017 at 11:12 PM.
    Dundee and Boaraxa like this.

I've no (control) flying experience but sheeeit, flying in AK must be... challenging. What's your favourite aircraft?

Actually we had a lot of kiwis up there.....quite a few flying bell 47s doing rain deer mustering.....all contracted,but blokes from the chopper boys days.....awesome stuff
    My sister in law was Burt Rutans secretary,I was there when the voyager did Its maiden flight,enjoyed the pageantry as we had personal
    Invites ,but my forte was getting to fly several of the Ezy aircraft that Burt had designed,My goodness what a dream to fly.....the acrobatic ability of these aircraft.I had instructed in the aerobatic C-152,s for several years,patty wagstaff was a regular,in the early days(in Alaska)in our FBO,so we were ripe into the scary stuff.It was all good,the environment rich in experience.

I took all the opportunities I could.One has to make ones opportunities...the flying and hunting in Alaska was/is phenomenal........Favourite Aircraft....BEAVER on floats....mate....it'll go anywhere...wheels,skis,pontoons...
    Last edited by A330driver; 04-06-2017 at 11:15 PM.
    gadgetman likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I've no (control) flying experience but sheeeit
    You should give it a go one day Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    Totally agree....not that difficult,and a wonderful experience

I'm poppin' smoke now, been a long day driving with kid etc etc but look forward to further posts.

Lol....well he has been to PNG.and we had a few of those jokers up there,......not sure.
    In all seriousness,many of us have the ability to go back and forth to kiwi,whanau all over,it's a great privilege...like many things,relationships developed and dissolve so quickly when you are on the move....I've met so many others kiwis that it's like a one night stand(figureativly).....we are a hungry crowd...aviation like many others industries are fickle.I flew for VAC ,Vietman Airlines for 2 years,contract ,A321,fun times but we were like ships in the night....party hard,knew people all over,hunting,shearing,A&P,dog trials....you name it....PRICELESS

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Welcome to the forum A330driver. Ryan will have been dreaming about aircraft all night and will have a million other questions for you now.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Thanks rushy,no expert by any means,just another spoke in the wheel,but enjoy what I do.Im glad Ryan has a keen interest,Aviation in general attracts many.

Quote Originally Posted by Moutere View Post
    The opportunity did present itself when I was 10 years old and a police friend of ours had a PPL. Took me up in a 1947 Auster. That was a long time ago though, however should the opportunity represent itself I'd happily give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    Thanks rushy,no expert by any means,just another spoke in the wheel,but enjoy what I do.Im glad Ryan has a keen interest,Aviation in general attracts many.
    Grew up in South Africa and was located in the flight path of 3 airports - one of which I shared a fence with, and 2 air force bases - one of them, AFB Waterkloof, the busiest base in the country. Adoptive dad was in the RhAF, granddad was in the RAF - aviation's been a part of my life for as long as I can remember.
    Last edited by Ryan; 05-06-2017 at 05:59 PM.
    Dundee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    Thanks for the invite.....learned to fly out of wgtn... headed to oz,east west airline ...ended up in Alaska for 10 years.....horizon/Alaska for 9 years..AWA/USAIRWAYS/AMERICAN 20yrs.......aircraft, metro,Dornier dash8/7..F-28/...727/37/...airbus 319/320/321/330...Cessna,s/beech....flew floats for RUSTS ,beavers 4 seasons...400/600s....

Crashed 3 airplanes.......hit a bull moose in scwethna Alaska,C-207..... C402 landing gear collapse in Cordova Alaska.....Aniak Alaska wrote off a twin otter hitting a flock of Canadian geese......

Be keen on some pics @A330driver sounds like a real interesting life and love of aviation.
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    CFD

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...7&font=cursive

Anchorage bound...

Anchorage bound ....just south of the Malsapina glaciers....
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    sako75, Bryan, Dundee and 4 others like this.