Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

NZGR Black Watch

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 79 FirstFirst ... 246061626364656667686970717273747576777879 LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1171
Like Tree1027Likes

Thread: Aviation enthusiast thread

Yeah mate...hard to make a living in kiwi,that's why many of us leave.......I'm at AA,at least 20 of us here,and a huge variety of equipment .....from 737-787...... but we all started somewhere in kiwi....shit,a good mate of mine was a shearer and is now a 787 skipper..."we laugh as we both shore in Fordell,Wanganui......it's a tough sport
    Shearer likes this.
    It's not the mountain we conquer,but ourselves.....Sir Edmund Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by A330driver View Post
    Yeah mate...hard to make a living in kiwi,that's why many of us leave.......I'm at AA,at least 20 of us here,and a huge variety of equipment .....from 737-787...... but we all started somewhere in kiwi....shit,a good mate of mine was a shearer and is now a 787 skipper..."we laugh as we both shore in Fordell,Wanganui......it's a tough sport
    Will you migrate to the 787 ?. AA is out of AKL for six weeks and returning with -9's in October.

B

Not meaning to interrupt but what's the pilot / support crew's opinion of the 787-9 "Binliner"?

Yeah mate,it's on the cards.With the 78 running into AKL,I'm home every month,a sweet deal.Sydney is going to the 78,and the 777 runs to Asia/Europe,and South America....78 goes very senior,777 not so.The 9,s will be doing the Akl/Syd runs and every man and his bloody dog wants them....right now it's just a free ride home

Quote Originally Posted by shift14 View Post
    Will you migrate to the 787 ?. AA is out of AKL for six weeks and returning with -9's in October.

B

Ryan,talking to some of the boys that fly it,they love it.Boeing has finally ironed out some/most of the issues plaguing this A/C.Ive done the tiki tour,and jumpseated several flights....bloody comfortable from the drivers perspective.Ive flown both the Boeing and Airbus series,I like both,there are some,who won't fly the bus,and some won't fly a Boeing,buggered if I know why.

Generally I think you will find it's a pilot friendly piece and comfortable to fly,just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Not meaning to interrupt but what's the pilot / support crew's opinion of the 787-9 "Binliner"?

Yeah mate,it's on the cards.With the 78 running into AKL,I'm home every month,a sweet deal.Sydney is going to the 78,and the 777 runs to Asia/Europe,and South America....78 goes very senior,777 not so.The 9,s will be doing the Akl/Syd runs and every man and his bloody dog wants them....right now it's just a free ride home
    Cool. If and when it suits PM me for a hello at Akl Intl.

B
    A330driver likes this.

Shit we have a pilot, engineer and my cook serves up the grub on those tin cans.

Ryan_Songhurst likes this.
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

C'est plus facile de juger un juge que de juger un chien!!

Admittedly have been on a bit of a Concorde binge lately but fuck, only supersonic airliner (don't really think we can count Tu 144) and was for a long time, the only aircraft capable of supercruise (flying faster than Mach 1 without the use of wet thrust / afterburners). Wish I could have flown on one.

Ryan mate...keep posting,the aircraft is a beauty......little story here

When flying into JFK we used the same terminal as BA,quite often we would have a chinwaggle with the crew and they would take us for a pre-flight inspection,and a tiki tour of the cockpit,absolutely fabulous.Myself and a mate were heading to London for a pub crawl (red circle line)as many of you will know,from our OE days as we still have plenty of expat kiwi and pommy mates back there,reunion of sorts.

Rather than go on the 747,we decide to chance it on the Concorde,standby,ID 90% discount,Airline travel benefits,we paid $2800 US,they had 6 seats avaible,we got to ride!!!!! Over the bloody moon we were.The crew,showed up,and blow me down blue,the skipper was a joker I'd talked to on occasion in the terminal,we introduced ourselves,said gidday,told him we were standby,and looking for a ride.

We were the last to board,seated,we get summoned to the cockpit,Captain says you decide,choose which one wants to occupy the jumpseat for the takeoff/landing.......I got the landing.Ryan,I can't tell you this,it was a magical piece of airplane,bloody basic in all its aspects of the cockpit,round gauges,layout etc,but I can you tell you I was in awe from start to stop.

The crews were all young buggers,the old guys only ever stayed on it for a year,why??? It never paid anything,they were hourly wages paid on flight time,easy to figure that one out.The captain we flew with was 40,the f/o.f/e,younger.The Poms knew how to run this A/C and the service etc was immaculate.

The take off was something else,it shuddered unbelievably in the climb,sheer thrust to make that wing fly,my mate says it took them through 18,000 before the rumble filtered out.The landing,to have the nose crank down,the pitch and power required to make this baby fly was awesome.I always felt these guys had there hands full,you had to stay way ahead of this A/C.True professionals watching these boys at work,calm and collected,they are a breed apart...

The jumpseat,was comfortable as their check airmen,had to do flight checks.The view not that good so you had to stretch to see over the capt,release the shoulder straps released is what I did,small cockpit,cramped,but for a 3 hr plus flight,WTF,well worth the $$$$$$$$...just my story mate!!
    Last edited by A330driver; 20-08-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Ryan mate...keep posting,the aircraft is a beauty......little story here

When flying into JFK we used the same terminal as BA,quite often we would have a chinwaggle with the crew and they would take us for a pre-flight inspection,and a tiki tour of the cockpit,absolutely fabulous.Myself and a mate were heading to London for a pub crawl (red circle line)as many of you will know,from our OE days as we still have plenty of expat kiwi and pommy mates back there,reunion of sorts.

Rather than go on the 747,we decide to chance it on the Concorde,standby,ID 90% discount,Airline travel benefits,we paid $2800 US,they had 6 seats avaible,we got to ride!!!!! Over the bloody moon we were.The crew,showed up,and blow me down blue,the skipper was a joker I'd talked to on occasion in the terminal,we introduced ourselves,said gidday,told him we were standby,and looking for a ride.

We were the last to board,seated,we get summoned to the cockpit,Captain says you decide,choose which one wants to occupy the jumpseat for the takeoff/landing.......I got the landing.Ryan,I can't tell you this,it was a magical piece of airplane,bloody basic in all its aspects of the cockpit,round gauges,layout etc,but I can you tell you I was in awe from start to stop.

The crews were all young buggers,the old guys only ever stayed on it for a year,why??? It never paid anything,they were hourly wages paid on flight time,easy to figure that one out.The captain we flew with was 40,the f/o.f/e,younger.The Poms knew how to run this A/C and the service etc was immaculate.

The take off was something else,it shuddered unbelievably in the climb,sheer thrust to make that wing fly,my mate says it took them through 18,000 before the rumble filtered out.The landing,to have the nose crank down,the pitch and power required to make this baby fly was awesome.I always felt these guys had there hands full,you had to stay way ahead of this A/C.True professionals watching these boys at work,calm and collected,they are a breed apart...

The jumpseat,was comfortable as their check airmen,had to do flight checks.The view not that good so you had to stretch to see over the capt,release the shoulder straps released is what I did,small cockpit,cramped,but for a 3 hr plus flight,WTF,well worth the $$$$$$$$...just my story mate!!
    Well while you were doing that, some of us have been shearing snotty old ewes which have been up to their guts in mud on swedes. Wouldn't you rather be here @A330driver?

A photo of prototype 2 from the Fleet Air Arm Museum I snapped last year. Also had a look at one in Scotland.

Name:  P9300305.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  1,019.7 KB

Name:  P9300315.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  279.9 KB

Name:  PA070556.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  994.6 KB
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire.